** Official PPV Wrestling Result/ Discussion Thread **

Damn, I only got 3 right on my predictions.....ugh....plus the stupid matches added AFTER I sent in my votes, I don't get credit for.

Oh well, Punk won, that is all that matters, baby <3

Going to update this as the show goes on.

2012 ROYAL RUMBLE ~ 25TH ANNIVERSARY

Big Show vs Mark Henry vs Daniel Bryan (steel cage match)

Bella Twins/Beth Phoenix/Natalya vs Tamina/Kelly Kelly/Alicia Fox/Eve

CM Punk vs Dolph Ziggler

John Cena vs Kane Nobody won but Kane killed everyone, lolloll

Drew McIntyre vs Brodus Clay

30 man Royal Rumble

Sheamus

Winners in yellow.

Last edited:
There's like 4 dudes in in the second row wearing CM Punk shirts that keep going nuts every time Cena gets beat up. I'm half expecting Jade to be in the middle of that group.

Looks like poor Miz had a horrible spray tanner accident. Jesus, don't they realize this is broadcast in HD?

Christian's spray tan had improved a lot the last few months before he got hurt. It used to be awful. Miz has some days when his is horrible, lol.

Also, Mick Foley in this? Ugh, Piper better show up, then.

All I have to say is....Sheamus? Really? With all the build up of Jericho, I was expecting a Jericho win, and then he'd go on to face CM Punk at Mania. This ruins everything. :(

All I have to say is....Sheamus? Really? With all the build up of Jericho, I was expecting a Jericho win, and then he'd go on to face CM Punk at Mania. This ruins everything. :(

Seriously, I was so disappointed in Sheamus winning. It was actually quite a surprise for me and I had already called Jericho as the winner but was shocked to see him lose.....I had personally picked the winners as either Ziggler, Barrett or Orton (being in his hometown). When it came down to Sheamus and Jericho, I was confident that Jericho had it....

Interesting show, I'll say that much. I had commented on another board that depending on how far along she was when her pregnancy was announced last May, it would be a good surprise to have Kharma appear in the Rumble... and now those people think I have psychic powers.

Also about the Miz and his unfortunate tan, after a while there was an orange tint to one part of the mat from him bumping that looked like there was a fat kid with Cheetos in the ring somewhere.

It was funny/sad to see the crowd lose their shit over all the old timers, it really drives home how little people care about 3/4ths of the guys they have now.

I know Foley was never going to be confused with Rey Mysterio but watching him try to walk tonight nearly made baby Jesus cry. I know he's a famous cheapskate, but if he doesn't get his knees fixed he's going to be using a walker soon.

I don't know about anyone else, but I lol'd mightily at them acting like Beth has been killing *****es every week instead of being AWOL from TV for what seems like months.

Sheamus was a surprise winner, and at least it was someone different getting their first win, but now what? Other than Rock/Cena, they already have Jericho/Punk (probably for the WWE title), HHH/Taker 2 (possibly Streak vs HHH's career) and Orton vs Somebody Probably Not Daniel Bryan (for the World title). Maybe Randall wins the WHC in the Chamber next month and that's who Sheamus picks?

^ It's funny because some guy in the wrestling forum I go to made a thread about 'what if Kharma returned tonight?' and everyone ripped him a new one.....and then she returned.

Reminded me of the guy here who made a thread about Freddy being DLC, lol.

OMG Kharma made my MF Night! LOL Also yeah everyone expected Jericho to win that goes to show that WWE be TROLLIN'! XD

2012 Elimination Chamber

RAW Elimination Chamber Match for the WWE Championship
CM Punk (c) vs. Chris Jericho vs. R-Truth vs. The Miz vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler
Winner and still champion: CM Punk

WWE Diva's Championship
Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Tamina Snuka
Winner and still champion: Beth Phoenix

Smackdown Elimination Chamber for the World Heavyweight Championship
Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Wade Barrett vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Big Show vs. The Great Khali vs. Santino Marella
Winner and still champion: Daniel Bryan

United States Championship
Jack Swagger (c) vs. Justin Gabriel
Winner and still champion: Jack Swagger

Ambulance match
John Cena vs. Kane
Winner: John Cena

Last edited:
I really believe the plan was for Orton to win until he got his bell rung on Smackdown. Don't get me wrong, I want to see Bryan stay champ as long as possible, but knowing how Vince's mind works I can't imagine the original plan would be for him to go into Wrestlemania as World Champion. Also it's kind of alarming that Orton has another concussion, he's had several since he's been in wrestling. Who knows how many he's had before.

I was very glad to see them not take Santino out of the chamber match, and very surprised he was in until the end. It was like they just stuck him in where Orton would be and didn't change the layout of the match other than the finish. Him getting a better reaction tonight than Cena also made me lol quite heartily.

Speaking of, the Cena video of him mentoring the developmental dudes was pretty good too. I have no problem with Cena the person, he seems like a genuine good dude in a business filled quite frankly with some horrible-ass people. I just wish he would use some of his backstage pull to veto some of the horrible ******** he's been stuck in with this Kane angle.

The Raw chamber match was just kind of OK for me. Once it seemed clear the whole thing was just angle advancement for Punk-Jericho it took on a whole "why are we even doing this?" feel. Also apparently Jade got tired of getting beard rash during their makeout sessions.

The Diva match was interesting. Tamina actually has a lot of natural ability for someone in the business for only about a year or so, but she's still a newbie and I fear there won't be much opportunity to improve having 1 minute matches with Barbie doll types. I'm assuming the latest story with Beth steamrolling the other women is going to lead to a match against Kharma at WM, which should be interesting since it would be the exact opposite of the usual badly performed WWE women match with two people not afraid to beat the piss out of each other out there.

The Swagger-Gabriel match was just embarrassing. Not the match, although there wasn't much to it, but what set it up. This ******** with Natalya farting has to be some of the worst garbage WWE has done in a long time. Either she's being punished for some sort of real or imagined transgression or someone (Vince probably) finds it amusing, either way it's messed up to humiliate someone on TV and PPV when you keep running masturbatory promos for your involvement in anti-bullying campaigns. Even if she's somehow okay with this angle, it serves no purpose and is actively damaging a member of your roster. The idea is supposed to be to put everyone on the roster in a position to draw money or at least make the best use of their talents. Turning a woman (whose role on WWE programming is to be the ideal fantasy for the male viewers) into a farting shebeast is kind of the exact opposite of that. Perhaps I'm just being oversensitive, but it's not the first time WWE as a company has gone out of their way to do humiliating things to people.

Finally the "main event". I really don't fault anyone involved in this, Kane and Cena both worked their asses off in this match. The concept of the match and the whole feud is so stupid at this point, literally nothing they could do would save it. Normally I hate it when there's no resolution to a storyline, but if we never speak of this or the Zack/Eve stuff again I'd be okay with it. Plus this all needs to go away to focus back on the Cena/Rock stuff. Not that this is going to need any extra hype, but the page needs turned on the Kane stuff.

Wrestlemania XXVIII

I will bold the winners tonight. GO PUNK <3

Randy Orton v.
Kane
John Cena v.
The Rock
Team Teddy Long v.
Team John Laurinitis
CM Punk(c) v. Chris Jericho [WWE Championship]
Undertaker v. HHH [Hell In A Cell w/ Shawn Michaels Ref]
Cody Rhodes(c) v.
Big Show [Intercontinental Championship]
Daniel Bryan(c)v.
Sheamus [World Heavyweight Championship]
Kelly Kelly & Maria Menounos vs. Divas Champion Beth Phoenix & Eve

Last edited:
My predicitions:
Orton over Kane, because while they've built Kane up decly these past few months, it'll come down to a case of "Orton win lol."

Cena over the Rock, as if the Rock wins, what exactly is that going to do to Cena's rep? The Rock isn't coming back full time, so there is no need to put him over for one night only. IMO this should be akin to the Hogan/Rock match from WM18, a passing of the torch type deal.

Team Johnny Ace over Team Teddy, because Johnny has started to grow on me, and he's a really enjoyable heel to watch.

Punk over Jericho, but I can see this match going either way. Both have the talent and the charisma to hold the belt, and I'd be perfectly fine with either of them at this point.

Taker over HHH, because it's a goddamn no brainer. WWE killing the streak at this point would just shit all over the legacy that Undertaker has made for himself, and would make me lose what little respect I have left for the the company.

Rhodes over Big Show, like by DQ. Show is in his last year, and will likely retire by summertime. Having him go over a rising star like Cody, who I see challenging for the World/WWE title sometime this year, would make very little sense.

Sheamus over Dick Butt, most likely via DQ. Sheamus has been riding high as the second best face on Smackdown for a while now, and while DBD's heel character has done him well in the past, I could see him try to weasel his way out of the match, by either a DQ or a countout.

LOL women's match, but since this'll be a show hyped up for faces to win, Kelly Kelly / Maria.

Less than 10 minutes, yay!

GO CM PUNK

edit: What the ****, a 2 second match???

Last edited: