Official NFL Thread

Okay boys and girls, is it too early to start talking about the season? About a month until preseason, and training camp in a few weeks.

I'm really, really, I MEAN REALLY hoping Pats' medical staff aren't botching the Wilfork-Gronk return target for Week 1. I'd be fine with either of them missing a few games early in the season if it meant they were 100% for the primetime (maybe a game or two before bye week). Though, I've had a peek at the Patriots schedule this year, and clinching is probably going to come around in the AFC East earlier than usual (seriously, what's the point in the Pats playing empty shirts like the Bills in the last week of the regular season?).

Anyone excited for developments in their local teams? I'm going to be keeping an eye on the Panthers this year however I can manage. (What can I say? I like Cam Newton. #Camther).

Nope not too early. I think it will be strange to see my Texans running a New England-style scheme after all these years of the Kubiak offense. Plus, on paper we've got nothing at QB. Fitzpatrick, Keenum, and Savage. I only hope O'Brien is really the QB guru he's supposed to be. Maybe he'll somehow find a way to get Fitzpatrick to stop throwing picks... or maybe Keenum will continue to develop under him and become a better QB. Or maybe Savage will actually end up being good. I mean, it's not likely, but the fact Tom Brady was drafted two rounds later than he was means it's possible.

Manziel will be the biggest BUST since JaMarcus Russell. And then I'll laugh my ass off at all my fellow Cowboys fans who wanted Jerruh to draft him.

And you know your linebacker situation is shit when your best linebacker tears his ACL and you have to trade for Rolando McClain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Anyone excited for developments in their local teams? I'm going to be keeping an eye on the Panthers this year however I can manage. (What can I say? I like Cam Newton. #Camther).

The Panthers are my local team but I've had a distaste for them since last year when they took out Sam Bradford; that whole game was physical but after that all the life from my Rams just left the stadium. Cam Newton is a cool dude though, and so was Steve Smith. I still don't believe they released him; when they play the Ravens I know who I'll be rooting for.

In regards to my Rams, I feel great about our defense but I'm not too sure about our offense. We don't really need to score that much since our defense is so good, but it'd be good to have an offense that can put up points when needed. I believe in Bradford but I feel like Stacy and Mason are gonna be our two most important offensive players (aside from the O-line). Part of me wishes that we where in a weaker division too; we have the friggin Seahawks, 49ers, and Cardinals man lol. That's two playoff teams and a third that was close to making it!

That's a problem I wanted to have, and I was soo close to having too; second place is no place :(

So impatient lol. It's mid-July.

I'll be launching this year's league at the beginning of training camp. Just like I do every year. Calm your tits.

I downloaded the official Fantasy app for this year. Is it any good? I also got the NFL Mobile app (only so I could follow the first round real Draft while my Spurs were playing a Playoff Game...draft scheduling during the NBA Playoffs SUCKS! Especially when YOUR team is in said Playoffs literally every year!)

I'm ready for Return of the Gronkspike. I AM pretty ticked that because of stupid helmet rules, we won't see these throwback jerseys on field this year. No Fun League indeed. Love these new Nike Elite series jerseys though, need to get a Brady one this year before he retires (and maybe an Edelman away one too for Dawn).

10394568_866218513408094_4639790899827321616_n.jpg

10489788_866217516741527_612422993008973903_n.jpg

10460757_866216860074926_8491744945392513154_n.jpg

Those helmet rules pissed me off. My Cowboys were forced to 86 those Dandy Don Meredith-era throwbacks because of that. We even got robbed of seeing the TB Creamsicle uniforms too. And some of these uniform changes make me wish TB had the Creamsicles back...ESPECIALLY the uniform change TB themselves made this season.

Yeah, the absence of the Creamsicle uniforms is irritating. The whole thing is pedantic and stupid and makes zero sense. At least I like the Pats' regular uniforms. The NFL is just losing its mind lately. I wish the Pats had fought harder against the rule change; about 1/4th of their merch sales are throwback stuff alone. That's a lot of friggin' money.

The NFL keeps forgetting the cardinal rule of making revenue: make the fans happy. Still, going to get my pride on with this throwback this year.