Official Mortal Kombat X Media Thread

Imperatrix Sindel

That Klassic Reptile looks great. I wonder how they're going to do Klassic Ermac if it's not just palette-swaps.

Since Klassic Sub-Zero came with the Jason compatibility patch, is it safe to assume this is the compatibility patch for Tanya?

Tanyas Husband

That Klassic Reptile looks great. I wonder how they're going to do Klassic Ermac if it's not just palette-swaps.

Since Klassic Sub-Zero came with the Jason compatibility patch, is it safe to assume this is the compatibility patch for Tanya?

It is not the Tanya patch. If it was, Mr. Ice would be currently running through TRMK with Tanya's Moves list and variation names like Paul Revere.
The pack doesn't even mention her, while Jason's named him.
We got a lot of patches coming.

Imperatrix Sindel

It is not the Tanya pack. If it was, Mr. Ice would be currently running through TRMK with Tanya's Moves list and variation names like Paul Revere.
The pack doesn't even mention, while Jason's named him.
We got a lot of patches coming.

Well, he might be at work. ;)

But true. It's just interesting that they'd drop the Reptile skin now, then. I assumed the four klassic ninja skins would be for the four DLC characters.

Tarkatan Trash

If they give us Klassic Ermac, that mask absolutely HAS to be on his face, especially since it's part of the damn kostume.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Tanyas Husband

Well, he might be at work. ;)

But true. It's just interesting that they'd drop the Reptile skin now, then. I assumed the four klassic ninja skins would be for the four DLC characters.

Yeah, but no. This one was named the 'Gameplay fixes' patch.
Jason's patch was labeled the Jason Compatability. Tanya's will be called the same, probably.
I can see a lot of patches, since we got 2 costumes per patch in MK9, and only 1 per patch here.

Imperatrix Sindel

Yeah, but no. This one was named the 'Gameplay fixes' patch.
Jason's patch was labeled the Jason Compatability. Tanya's will be called the same, probably.
I can see a lot of patches, since we got 2 costumes per patch in MK9, and only 1 per patch here.

I suppose the 'Brazil' skins will likely also be free patch skins, then.

Commander

I'm pretty sure that if Scorpion and Ermac are the other 2 compatibility skins that they will just be a red and yellow version of the UMK3 masked Klassic Sub-Zero skin in MKX.
That's essentially what Klassic Reptile is in MKX, minus the mask.
In a way, I'm glad that they kept his reptilian skin.
I always thought that the humanoid skin for him in UMK3 and in MK9 felt so out of place.

I suppose the 'Brazil' skins will likely also be free patch skins, then.

So, does that mean that the Cold War Sonya, Sub-Zero and Kano skins are also free?
Because I don't see those anywhere.

Rezound

From Boon's Twitter "@Ap_frosty94 [MENTION=633]noob[/MENTION]de yes!! Now we need klassic Ermac EB: We've got a lot more free stuff koming in the future.

"A lot more" There may be more than just klassic Ermac/Scorpion :)

Commander

"A lot more" There may be more than just klassic Ermac/Scorpion :)

Even though it's a LONG shot, I'm crossing my fingers for Fujin as DLC down the road.
If Fujin ever becomes DLC after the Kombat Pack, that's the day that I have an instant new main.

Imperatrix Sindel

I am SO JAZZED about that stealth Tanya model patch. She looks awesome.

Even though it's a LONG shot, I'm crossing my fingers for Fujin.
If Fujin ever becomes DLC after the Kombat Pack, that's the day that I have an instant new main.

If any DLC characters were gonna be free, I'd think Rain/Sindel/Baraka. They know Fujin would be a moneymaker.

Imperatrix Sindel

I'm pretty sure that if Scorpion and Ermac are the other 2 compatibility skins that they will just be a red and yellow version of the UMK3 masked Klassic Sub-Zero skin in MKX.
That's essentially what Klassic Reptile is in MKX, minus the mask.
In a way, I'm glad that they kept his reptilian skin.
I always thought that the humanoid skin for him in UMK3 and in MK9 felt so out of place.

Yeah I'm saying I wonder if they'll mummy Ermac up a bit under the costume like they reptiled up Reptile.

So, does that mean that the Cold War Sonya, Sub-Zero and Kano skins are also free?
Because I don't see those anywhere.

I'm just saying if it's two skins per Kombat Pack release period (as Subby and Reptile have now come out in the Jason period), there'd presumably be 8 total.

Maybe it'll be something else entirely.

Commander

If any DLC characters were gonna be free, I'd think Rain/Sindel/Baraka. They know Fujin would be a moneymaker.

Yes.
That's what I meant.
I caught the error and edited it before you had replied.

Even though it's a LONG shot, I'm crossing my fingers for Fujin as DLC down the road.

Even so, I didn't mean to imply that Fujin would be a free DLC.
Sorry.

Tanyas Husband

Yeah I'm saying I wonder if they'll mummy Ermac up a bit under the costume like they reptiled up Reptile.

I'm just saying if it's two skins per Kombat Pack release period (as Subby and Reptile have now come out in the Jason period), there'd presumably be 8 total.

Maybe it'll be something else entirely.

Don't rule out free Klassic arena patches. Ed hinted pretty heavily at those. Now he's hinting at this. Things are pretty flashy