Official Mortal Kombat X Media Thread

theincubuslord

Changing topic, this popped up on my deviant art:

battle_arena_melbourne_7_by_thechamba-d8o2al8.jpg

http://thechamba.deviantart.com/art/Battle-Arena-Melbourne-7-524147228

So, I dunno what BAM is, but it seems like there'll be Mortal Kombat there.

BBBLP

Robot Rock
Fox's stubby arms make him look like Rocket Raccoon.

I'm a little disappointed. Ed Boon was super weak today on Twitter. This is usually the dude's Kwanza. He used to go apeshit.

Averagejoe33

I've pre ordered my copy for £35 with Goro (UK), so 50ish Dollars US.

It's the only game I've pre ordered in ages. So keen for this MK it's unreal!

Averagejoe33

+1

Out of interest, where did you pre-order? You mean the disc version, right?

Yes mate disc version.

I ordered off Gameseek (never used them before but apparently decent)

I had previously ordered from The Game Collection for slightly less at around £34 but it made no mention of Goro on there so I went for the Gameseek one which specifically said Goro included.

I'm a sucker for that 4 armed beast!

VictorMefer

And don´t let me start talking about the prices and the taxes!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

sad-i-know-that-feel-bro-l.png

It's amazing how in South American countries like Brazil and Argentina, MK has a fairly large fan base, yet it's so hard to get ahold of the game.

Yes, and it sucks for us...

Speaking of MK having a large fanbase here, I found it really weird that MKX is now available in the brazilian PS Store but it's kinda hidden. Batman Arkham Knight is all over the main pages, but it's not coming until June, while MKX is pretty big here and is releasing in two weeks, but is only found on the full list of games.

Averagejoe33

Speaking of MK having a large fanbase here, I found it really weird that MKX is now available in the brazilian PS Store but it's kinda hidden. Batman Arkham Knight is all over the main pages, but it's not coming until June, while MKX is pretty big here and is releasing in two weeks, but is only found on the full list of games.

I suppose it is because Batman has been big for the last few years with the movies coming and and a new one on the way.

MK will get its push soon as it is released I would think

Commander

https://twitter.com/NetherRealm/status/582980240797995010

View attachment 8130

Didn't see this posted, pretty cool render! He seeks redemption.. interesting :)

Maybe Kung Lao dies again in MKX, and Kung Jin seeks to redeem his cousin?

From the digital series casting call sheet:

Spoiler:
"When Kung Lao was killed in the war against Outworld, Kung's family's fortunes to a turn for the worse. He journeyed to the U.S. and became a thief. An encounter with Raiden changed Jin's outlook, and he joined the Shaolin Monks. Now a member of Johnny Cage's secret Special Forces offshoot, Jin's streetwise past provides him extra insight into the minds and motivations of those who would harm Earthrealm."

Taj Gill

Maybe Kung Lao dies again, and Kung Jin seeks to redeem his cousin?

From the digital series casting call sheet:

Spoiler:
"When Kung Lao was killed in the war against Outworld, Kung's family's fortunes to a turn for the worse. He journeyed to the U.S. and became a thief. An encounter with Raiden changed Jin's outlook, and he joined the Shaolin Monks. Now a member of Johnny Cage's secret Special Forces offshoot, Jin's streetwise past provides him extra insight into the minds and motivations of those who would harm Earthrealm."

Spoiler:
Doesn't war against Outworld mean the events of MK9?

Commander

Spoiler:
Doesn't war against Outworld mean the events of MK9?

Spoiler:
It could also mean the scene shown with Kitana and Kotal Kahn fighting for the Outworld throne, during the Outworld civil war, which was shown in the story trailer.

I used to think that the intro lines that Scorpion uttered to Sub-Zero dealt with MK9 (Bi-Han) events, but apparently he speaks that to Kuai now.

BBBLP

Robot Rock
Spoiler:
It could also mean the scene shown with Kitana and Kotal Kahn fighting for the Outworld throne, during the Outworld civil war, which was shown in the story trailer.

I used to think that the intro lines that Scorpion uttered to Sub-Zero dealt with MK9 (Bi-Han) events, but apparently he speaks that to Kuai now.

That's definitely talking about his death in MK9. Kung Lao has no business in Outworld anymore. It says right there that Kung Jin became a theif after Kung Lao's death. And then became Special Forces. It doesn't make sense timeline wise because Kung Lao is one of the later revenants to get revived. For him to die after that means that Kung Jin would be joining the SF at damn near the end of the game.

Zolag

I suppose it is because Batman has been big for the last few years with the movies coming and and a new one on the way.

MK will get its push soon as it is released I would think
I agree with AverageJoe, Batman has a strong fanbase (I'm a Batman Fanboy btw 😁) than MK.

Commander

That's definitely talking about his death in MK9. Kung Lao has no business in Outworld anymore. It says right there that Kung Jin became a theif after Kung Lao's death. And then became Special Forces. It doesn't make sense timeline wise because Kung Lao is one of the later revenants to get revived. For him to die after that means that Kung Jin would be joining the SF at damn near the end of the game.

All very possible, though.

Most of the game takes place at year 25 (Boon said so, himself).
The Takeda, Cassie, Kung Jin and Jacqui parts are likely at year 20 or 25 in story mode.
Jax says that Jacqui is being over-protective of him on the cell phone when he is in the NetherRealm with Kenshi, and Jax is shortly thereafter seen fighting a revanant Kung Lao in the same scene(s).
There's no reason why Kung Jin can't join the special forces at the end of the game.
The casting call leak doesn't say for HOW LONG he's in the White Lotus after his encounter with Raiden.
That could also mean MKX, if it's part of the scene where Kotal Kahn and Mileena face off, in the trailer.
Unless we have further proof, that description could mean anything.

Bart

Notice that Lao in his default appearance looks old. IMO this means that he has been revived in the events no long after Shao Kahn's defeat and that he dies again in the span of 25 years (and while dying loses his hair LOL).

The same goes for Liu and Jax (of course I assume at this moment that they don't die again).

Kitana practically does not age, so it is not so clear at this moment. It could be tha case like Lao's, or she may remain revenant almost until the end.

Last edited: