Official Mortal Kombat X Media Thread

Commander

Yes It did. Thats why I reckon this will be a prequel of sorts.

Could be a prequel or it could be the events that are supposed to take place after MK9.

Remember, the MK3 part of the MK9 story skewed the entire timeline, so we may still see some things take place, while other things are new and not necessarily MK4.

glammetal

Could be a prequel or it could be the events that are supposed to take place after MK9.

Remember, the MK3 part of the MK9 story skewed the entire timeline, so we may still see some things take place, while other things are new and not necessarily MK4.

I'm going to be so pissed if this isn't a continuation of MK9's story mode. You can't leave it at a cliffhanger like that and not pick up where it left off.

BBBLP

Robot Rock
It's called MKX though. Mortal Kombat 10 should come after Mortal Kombat 9.
I know it's officially called MK "X", but there's no way they'd do that and not expect people to think it's a sequel.

mkray41

You should probably wait to preorder until you see if there are collector editions

Meh, depends on what it comes with; don't really care if it just comes w/ a statue. If it has a cool art book and some exclusive stuff I might splurge.

Just came across this interview with Ed Boon, sounds quite fishy, can anyone confirm if it is a troll site by any chance?

http://www.p4rgaming.com/ed-boon-we...kombat-x-can-be-as-offensive-as-mario-kart-8/

Yeah P4R is a troll website haha; it has some funny articles though.

Immortal Reaver

Not a bad trailer. Definitely love the dark and grittyness of it. They both also resemble more of a Ninja look. the ending really pissed me off though. Tired of seeing Sub-Zero lose 100% of the time. Music was shitty and didn't fit at all.

Thanks for the sticky, whoever applied it.

Last edited:

Immortal Reaver

Here is my breakdown for the announcement trailer. Nothing is 100% confirmed obviously, since this is a CG trailer.

0:28: Players starting a lot farther apart than usual. Maybe to compensate for a run button? Scorpion ends his run with a knee. Maybe there are running attacks.

0:32: Sub-Zero parries Scorpion's punch. Normals can be parried?

0:45: Possibly a parry into an ice ball. There might be some form of an enhanced parry that uses a special move afterward.

0:54: EX Ice Ball. No longer a beam and can be jumped over.

0:58: Interactable usage. Possibly able to combine with a trait.

1:03: Scorpion's hellfire kick is back as a special move.

1:05: Ice sword on the ground, possibly another interactable. Sub-Zero's slide is back. X-Rays are back. Scorpion's is similar as it was in MK9, but altered.

1:10: Another use of an interactable.

1:18: Scorpion is able to throw spears with both hands while in the air. He also connects them when Sub-Zero is on the ground. OTG attacks? You can also see a sword attatched to Scorpion's waist.

1:24: Scorpion's fight pose

1:28: One of Scorpion's fatalities.

1:47: Mortal Kombat X coming 2015

1:26: Unmasked Sub-Zero due to damage.

BBBLP

Robot Rock
I'll hold my judgement on mechanics until I see actual full on in game footage.
Because all of that shit was just a cutscene. Just like the Kratos trailer.

Immortal Reaver

Just calling out what I see. Nothing is confirmed and things can change just how there were changes from the MK9 CG trailer to the full game.

Noob-Zer013

I wouldn't over analyse that trailer too much. Some things might indicate what the gameplay will be like (such as X rays). I don't know what to make of the ice sword. My first thought was, 'hey, that's Sub-Zero's weapon.' And not, 'Dang, stage weapons.'

glammetal

A complex parry system would be pretty welcome in my book. Just think, what if MK:X was super technical with parrying, reversals, and such? I'm not sure the fans would like that haha. MK has almost always been about pick up n play.

Immortal Reaver

It could still be able to be picked up and played by people, but the depth would be there for people who actually want to learn the game.

Kitty_55

I find it amazing that people are trying to find the littlest thing to nitpick with this trailer. I, for one, thought this was their best reveal trailer yet. I could care less that it showed Sub-Zero and Scorpion. In fact, I'm glad they did show us these two. Sub-Zero is, of course, my all-time favorite character in the series, so yeah I screamed like a little school girl...

Well, actually more like this: School Girl Scream When I was shown the trailer.

So yeah, I'm glad that these two were in the trailer. What? You thought Mileena and Kitana were going to be the game's first revealed characters?

Kitty_55

I understand the whole story issue. I guess it's just me hoping that we wouldn't get our panties in a bunch about it without some actual information about how these two are around when we know one's dead.

Eh, well, more so dead and may not be in control of their body.

Other complaints I've seen is just that is Sub-Zero and Scorpion, why does it need to be them? I really don't find it effective if it were showing two other characters.