Official Mortal Kombat X Media Thread

Misucra

Which is why guest characters should be cleansed from MK.

Native Power! Native Supremacy! Native Victory!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

This is one of those topics I agree with Tarkatan. I know a lot of people mentioned that guest characters bring more people, but come on... this sounds like game itself doesn't have any confidence in itself. But I guess it is Warner that makes the rules regarding guests.

Xenon

actually game has plenty of confidence in itself since a) it doesn't need shitty characters to have a spotlight when it can cram in some guests with 5x popularity and therefore boost them dlc sales b) guest characters = $$$ and broader exposure. nobody gives a f uck about kai or ashrah. plenty of people scream for street fighter vs mk etc c) it's going to sell loads anyways but with guests it's going to sell even more. boon admitted this. c o n f i d e n c e.

theincubuslord

What happens when a fascistic fanatic meets a nihilistic troll? Let's find out...

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

Tarkatan Trash

hell yea, chrome is better than 2/3's of the entire roster. you mad?
Hsu Hao, Mokap, and Meat are better than Smoke Doll Toy Factory Accident, and all guest characters COMBINED! Hell, Hsu Hao, Mokap, and Meat are even better than you!

Sorry, but the word of Smoke Doll Toy Factory Accident fans carries absolutely zero weight here.

Last edited:

Misucra

I tried to keep an open mind about Khrome, but I noticed one thing. Everywhere he gets mentioned, there is some sort of conflict.

Tarkatan Trash

I tried to keep an open mind about Khrome, but I noticed one thing. Everywhere he gets mentioned, there is some sort of conflict.
Because that Toy Factory Accident isn't a character, he is spam. I don't like him, [MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION] doesn't like him, [MENTION=18014]theincubuslord[/MENTION] doesn't like him...I could go on here. The fact that he was referenced on a prize for completing the April Fool's Tower says all you need to know about NRS's true intentions with this piece of shit.

theincubuslord

[MENTION=18014]theincubuslord[/MENTION] doesn't like him...

I don't want any more palette-swap ninjas and I didn't like hankypanky/future champion/bounce who was the one who tried so hard to push it along as something legit while being the complete and utter @sshole to everyone who disagreed with him.

So honestly, I don't want to see K/Chrome become a thing because of him.

As for the very character itself... I don't really care, to be honest. If NRS decided to make a liquid-metal shapeshifter into the game, as long he won't be a grey palette-swap ninja and hopefully call him something else, then I wouldn't mind.

Commander

I don't want any more palette-swap ninjas and I didn't like hankypanky/future champion/bounce who was the one who tried so hard to push it along as something legit while being the complete and utter @sshole to everyone who disagreed with him.

So honestly, I don't want to see K/Chrome become a thing because of him.

As for the very character itself... I don't really care, to be honest. If NRS decided to make a liquid-metal shapeshifter into the game, as long he won't be a grey palette-swap ninja and hopefully call him something else, then I wouldn't mind.

This is the main reason I don't want to see the character become anything and hope that NRS just keeps seeing it as a fan creation that they don't / won't implement.
The people who have debated this fan creation being a character have acted like a bunch of dicks to anyone who doesn't agree with them.
People like that and the Reiko dude can't have conversations without resorting to flaming and personal attacks, and as much as I'd also like to see Reiko in the next game, I'm also fine with him NEVER showing up if it means that that guy never gets him, either.

As for the fan created character, itself, in all honesty I'd rather NRS just do a T-1000 / Terminator type of guest character and just call it a day, as long as it's off the main roster.
This coming from someone who doesn't care for guest characters, either.

Xenon

you people just don't know what you're missing. chrome is badass! ! ! i love chrome alloyed wheels for example.

Misucra

you people just don't know what you're missing. chrome is badass! ! ! i love chrome alloyed wheels for example.

Just, because metal skin looks cool doesn't mean, that he as a character would be badass. I still have to see at least one illustration of him which look interesting.

Tarkatan Trash

Just, because metal skin looks cool doesn't mean, that he as a character would be badass. I still have to see at least one illustration of him which look interesting.
That's because such a thing is non-existent. When a character's sole inspiration is a Toy Factory Accident for an action figure of an already established character (Sub-Zero's sidekick, to be exact), he is permanently uninteresting by default.

Misucra

So yeah, let's just move on, shall we? No need to feed this idea any further.

That's the problem. We run out of topics. It is so bad, that we have to talk about some fan made characters and negative effects on MK community.

Next thing you know, we will start talking about how MK female breast size and clothing.