Official Mortal Kombat X Media Thread

NathanCorsini

I feel like Sindel is a invasion boss because NRS ran out of ideas for invasion fights. She was a NPC in the story mode and it would be easier to reuse her for a invasion battle.

It's not like they need to have ideas to the invasions. Kitana once was leading a Orderrealm invasion, like, wtf she does have to do with the Orderrealm?! Nothing. They just throw some characters in it and this is it.

Tarkatan Trash

It's not like they need to have ideas to the invasions. Kitana once was leading a Orderrealm invasion, like, wtf she does have to do with the Orderrealm?! Nothing. They just throw some characters in it and this is it.
The only connection I found with Orderrealm and Kitana is the fact that Kitana has potential to be a primary authority figure, whether it's ruling Outworld, Edenia, or as the ending of MKX suggests, the Netherrealm. As we all know, Orderrealm is politically and socially a Police State.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Tarkatan Trash

Chaosrealm is an Anarchy State. Kano is its best representative because nobody represents Anarchy better than the man who has a bounty out for his arrest in 35 Earthrealm countries.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Commander

It's times like this that I wish that Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn and Havik were NPC posses for the Living Towers and Invasions.
They didn't have to be a fightable AI in Story Mode, but a Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn final boss fight in the MK1, MKII and MK3 Premier Towers would have been awesome, as would have a Havik NPC AI boss for the Chaos Realm invasion.
The NetherRealm Invasion is covered with Quan Chi and Shinnok on the roster, and an Outworld Invasion is covered with either Kitana and Tanya being the invasion boss.

Dunno.
Maybe it would have been too much for NRS to do Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn and Havik for NPC Living Tower / Invasion Bosses, but I would have loved to have seen something like that.
Nothing complicated, either, just a no-variation mode of those guys with the AI ramped up to the highest setting on those Premier Towers and Invasion Boss fights.

Anyone else think that the MK1 Premier Tower will return again if the "Encore" stage ends up being The Pit.

Imperatrix Sindel

Did Sindel really get new textures? I hadn't noticed. That might change things. Guess we'll have to see the next invasion to know if they'll continue upgrading the npcs

Not on the in-game model yet, but the Invasion render has totally new textures. They put work into it.

Cryo

I believe you're looking too much into this Sindel matter, she could be or could not be part of the KP2, her chances haven't either increased nor decreased by her new status as invasion boss.

For all we know all the invasion renders could have been made a million years ago during the development, maybe there are even renders for Rain and Baraka too.

Mr. Ice

I really, really, really doubt it. That is a silhouette of a dude.

MuapITJ.jpg

Check it out in full res.

Last edited:

YungQ94

Fvcking, now I'm plagued with the thought of Captain Boomer-fvcking-rang being considered as a guest character.

Damn.

Mr. Ice

Haha, sorry for causing you nightmares. I just wanted to consider every possibility. If you look at all those faces and the silhouette, which ones iyo match the best? All I can say with confidence is that it's a male character and not Sindel. I'm betting on a guest.

Commander

Silhouettes; causing nothing but trouble ever since MKX was originally announced with 24 slots.

I'm still waiting for Rorshach in MKX. /sarcasm :laugh:

YungQ94

Haha, sorry for causing you nightmares. I just wanted to consider every possibility. If you look at all those faces and the silhouette, which ones iyo match the best? All I can say with confidence is that it's a male character and not Sindel. I'm betting on a guest.

Too late now.
Time to accept our new Lord and Top-Tier MKX Savior - Captain Boomerang.

<----

I'll body sonicfox in EVO with this character :cool: