Official Mortal Kombat X Media Thread

SecondCitySaint

Really??? I'd thought that title would go to someone like Kira. Anyways I really dont care who makes it into KP2 because (and I may sound like a d-bag for this) My 2 favs are in the game so I have nothing to worry about. I will say this tho I have faith that NRS can revamp almost every post umk3 character out there to be awesome and unique enough to deserve a spot in Mkx saying what can Sareena do that Tanya cant is a stupid arguement because NRS can do whatever the fuk they want If they want to have Sareena do something and not want Tanya to do the same thing then they can.

P.S I know I said I dont care who is in Kp2 but I will say that i will be the least hype if Baraka, Sektor, Smoke, Sindel, Kabal, Reiko, Noob, Cyrax. I probably wont buy the Kp2 if they are in it..... oh and also Nightwolf
Kira is better than Sareena.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Commander

And I like Sareena, don't get me wrong, but I also think it'd be a bit of a waste to have her in a game without Bi-Han.

I think [MENTION=4889]BBBLP[/MENTION]'s point, which is a fair one, is that most of what one might add to Sareena has already been added to Tanya -- the "black magic woman" aspect in particular.

Story-wise, yes, I agree that Sareena being in without Bi-Han would be weird.
What does that have to do with a possibility of her being playable, though, where the only thing she'd have is a few intro lines.
On the contrary, I'd love to have Sareena in and give us a few intro lines / hints as to what happened to Bi-Han, to set it up for MK11, especially since NRS decided to completely ignore that in the MKX story.

Also, my point was that just because she shares some moves with Tanya doesn't mean that she can't be in.
Why can't her fire moves be different?
Why can't she have a demonic variation?
Why can't she be made unique?
These are all questions which have not been answered.
I don't work for NRS, so I can't tell you that ____________, ____________, and ___________ will make Sareena better (given that other characters in MKX also share moves), but I can say that if they can make Kenshi use less of Telekinesis and more of the power of Sento in MK9 and MKX and vastly improve on him, then I don't see why in the world Sareena can't also be revamped and differentiated enough to seperate her from Tanya.

Really??? I'd thought that title would go to someone like Kira. Anyways I really dont care who makes it into KP2 because (and I may sound like a d-bag for this) My 2 favs are in the game so I have nothing to worry about. I will say this tho I have faith that NRS can revamp almost every post umk3 character out there to be awesome and unique enough to deserve a spot in Mkx saying what can Sareena do that Tanya cant is a stupid arguement because NRS can do whatever the fuk they want If they want to have Sareena do something and not want Tanya to do the same thing then they can.

P.S I know I said I dont care who is in Kp2 but I will say that i will be the least hype if Baraka, Sektor, Smoke, Sindel, Kabal, Reiko, Noob, Cyrax make it,. I probably wont buy the Kp2 if they are in it..... oh and also Nightwolf

Yes.
Thank you.

For the most part, I agree.
I don't want KP2 if it's going to be nothing but 4 more MK9 characters.
If I wanted to play MK9 again, I'd just play MK9 on my PS3.
Simple.

Tarkatan Trash

And I like Sareena, don't get me wrong, but I also think it'd be a bit of a waste to have her in a game without Bi-Han.

I think [MENTION=4889]BBBLP[/MENTION]'s point, which is a fair one, is that most of what one might add to Sareena has already been added to Tanya -- the "black magic woman" aspect in particular.
She was linked to Kuai Liang in the original timeline as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Imperatrix Sindel

If I wanted to play MK9 again, I'd just play MK9 on my PS3. Simple.

I understand this argument, really I do, but I just spent last weekend playing MK9 on my PS3 and it feels so primitive gameplay-wise in comparison to MKX. Plus those female character outfits, ye gods. I can't blame anyone for wanting to see their favorite character in this game that plays so much more smoothly (and more balanced!) with way better designs.

Commander

I understand this argument, really I do, but I just spent last weekend playing MK9 on my PS3 and it feels so primitive gameplay-wise in comparison to MKX. Plus those female character outfits, ye gods. I can't blame anyone for wanting to see their favorite character in this game that plays so much more smoothly (and more balanced!) with way better designs.

And I get that.
MK9 doesn't play the same and people want to see those characters with 3 variations.
Yes, I 100% get that sentiment (believe it or not) in all honesty, but at the same time I want to see post-MK3 characters get some love, as well, given that MKX is supposed to be progressing the series forward with characters like Tanya, Kenshi, Tremor + the 8 new characters that we got.

Sindel and Baraka?
Fine, but throw in Fujin and Sareena too, or Fujin and Bo Rai Cho.
As much as I don't care for it, I expect Baraka and Sindel to be DLC because they were playable AI in MKX; I get that.
At the same time, though, if Baraka and Sindel are in I don't want to see Sektor, Cyrax, Smoke, Kabal, Noob, Stryker Rain or Nightwolf as DLC.
Nighwolf and Rain were my 2 mains in MK9, but as someone who wants the series to progress a bit, I'd like for them to sit out and give other post-trilogy debut characters a chance.

Yellow Ledbetter

That's right, Baraka and Sindel are somehow expected.

I haven't played yet the invasion boss, but I guess she will repeat her MK9 moves.

Despite that, and the fact that it appoints to her being on KP2, I imagine if they are going to do what they did to Tanya.

IMO it would be cool enough. You know, MK9 base? Ok, but, with the variation, tons of new kombos and powers.

She was pretty good to play with on MK9, had lots of fun with her kombos.

Anyway: FUJIN! He deserves it. Best appearance since forever. I really think they won't waste this chance.

I would be fine if Smoke, Sareena, Bo' Rai Cho (most likely) participated on this DLC or in the future.

We still have people from inside the story (considering Tremor was also, but useless to the main plot) to explore.

Zer0degreez

Quick backstory for Sareena: With Liu Kang and Kitana about to bring forth the total destruction of Earthrealm having enslaved Raiden through Blood Magic. Brothers once more, Bi-Han & Kuai Liang look to Sareena the mysterious demon in hiding as the key to Saving Earth realm. Not only is Sareena a powerful demon but she was also the apprentice of Quanchi and has the tools buried deep within her subconscious for reverting the revenant's humanity but in doing so she will lose her own and forever remain a demon consumed by the darkness. Can Sareena find a way to Save Earth realm and herself?

Variations:

Oni
Sorceress
Rebel

Anyway, that's just 'One' Direction they could take her in for MK11 which I'm starting to think would be better as Bi-Han can come back with her.

Rumble21

I'm asking you wonderful people what could be done, and nobody is giving me an answer. So why should I believe she's a better pick than the likes of Cyrax or Noob?

But we are letting the wonderful people at NRS to decide what can be done with her. Im not qualified to make those decisions.

Sidenote: I dont even want her playable, dont care for her.

Tarkatan Trash

But we are letting the wonderful people at NRS to decide what can be done with her. Im not qualified to make those decisions.

Sidenote: I dont even want her playable, dont care for her.
Majority rules...

7d26c58547358f96a94e5659ac2b1ddf.jpg

TRMK wants Sareena and that is final.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Noob-Zer013

And I get that.
MK9 doesn't play the same and people want to see those characters with 3 variations.
Yes, I 100% get that sentiment (believe it or not) in all honesty, but at the same time I want to see post-MK3 characters get some love, as well, given that MKX is supposed to be progressing the series forward with characters like Tanya, Kenshi, Tremor + the 8 new characters that we got.

I'm all for progressing the series and we've already got a pack of all non-MK9 characters. If the 'Encore' refers to MK9 characters, what's it going to hurt? Its just DLC. Wouldn't you want to save some post MK3 characters for the next game?

BBBLP

Robot Rock
I'm all for progressing the series and we've already got a pack of all non-MK9 characters. If the 'Encore' refers to MK9 characters, what's it going to hurt? Its just DLC. Wouldn't you want to save some post MK3 characters for the next game?

Exactly. Why not give the non-story, DLC spots to the characters who probably aren't showing up in the next game?

Imperatrix Sindel

Exactly. Why not give the non-story, DLC spots to the characters who probably aren't showing up in the next game?

This is my feeling as well. I think this game is probably a final bow (at least for a good long while) for the revenant army, at the very least -- Sindel, Stryker, Kabal, Nightwolf, et al. Sektor and Baraka, too. I see no reason why these characters shouldn't get a last hoorah before we move on.

Plus, whether superfans like it or not, the trilogy characters are the most recognizable and popular characters in the series. Street Fighter has the SF2 characters like every damn time; why is it such a problem to have a bunch of MK1-MK3 characters in MK games? It's not hurting SF or Tekken to stick with the cast that people like.

mandead

Honestly, I don't see it. I think you're reaching.

To me, it looks like Baraka/Noob, ???, Fujin, Bo Rai Cho.

I've seen people suggest Frost, Sindel and that guy from Twisted Metal as #2 and obviously no one knows for sure, but it really doesn't look like Frost or Sindel anyway. The neck doesn't look right, the hair doesn't look right, and if you look at the render you've posted and imagine Sindel's arms by her side, the shoulders wouldn't look right.

She's our first NPC invasion boss so it's certainly possible she will be DLC, but I honestly doubt it and I don't think she looks right. Also, she doesn't wear a cape and yet #2 seems to be, as there's no gap between the arms and the waist as there are with #1 and #4. That and the fact that, if you follow the shadow, the head seems to extend upwards and to the left, so knowing Boon it'll be either Alien or Marge Simpson in some massive troll tactic. :D

I can see why Sindel fans would want it to be Sindel, but honestly I don't see it, whereas even though I think Baraka would be a massive waste of a DLC slot, I can totally see either #1 or #3 being him, and #4 is obviously the Bomeister.

I hope #1 is Noob and #3 is Fujin, but I know some people think #3 may be Cyrax or Sektor, and #1 does look very Baraka-ish.

But Sindel? Nah. And seriously... honestly... basically no one would buy her. They already took a risk on Tanya, who will easily be the lowest-selling of the Kombat Pack 1 characters, and Sindel has even less of an established fan base. Her and Sheeva tended to vie for least-used MK9 character.

Misucra

I am now confident Silhouette #2 is Sindel -- note the loose strands of hair on the sides in this (brand new) render from the NRS Twtiter:

View attachment 8737

She/he is right. After getting my ass beat for 2 goddamn hours, by Sindel I notices that her head pretty much feats the second one. The hair strands are the giveaway

EDIT: Wait checked again. Hmmm hair strands are shorter and even go up on KP2 picture. Well either way it is Sindel redesign or... sigh... goddamn Myers.

Mr. Ice

I am now confident Silhouette #2 is Sindel -- note the loose strands of hair on the sides in this (brand new) render from the NRS Twtiter:

View attachment 8737

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not. Put them side by side and look closely. They don't match at all. The teased figure has a body of a man. Look at the proportions. You can clearly see that. Then look at the neck. See anywhere a collar around the neck? I sure don't. And then look at the face and hair. Similar? I'll give you that. Same? Definitely not. Sorry. I was convinced that some of my favorites would be DLC as well, even back in MK9, but I ended up being wrong. Not saying that Sindel would not make sense, because that would be really easy, but that silhouette is Michael Myers and Sindel along with Sareena will play a larger role in MK11. Also, the fact she is an invasion boss, imho rules her out on its own. I don't want to explain everything with a wall of text, but I think some will understand why.