Official Mortal Kombat X Media Thread

Commander

Did you even listen to the Story Mode intro word-for-word? Johnny Cage stated in plain English that it was Shinnok who manipulated those events, not Quan Chi (who only acted under orders from Shinnok), so either you're wrong about who the manipulator was, or Johnny Cage (a canon survivor of those events) was lying.

Shinnok was unplayable in MK9, so my point still stands.
If you really want to compare the Liu Kang and Kitana cameos at the end of MKX to Shinnok's MK9 ending cameo, as far as importance goes, then my point still stands.
If Shinnok who only had a cameo at the end of MK9 was unplayable, then by that same mentality Liu Kang and Kitana should have been unplayable in MKX.
You have a double standard, though.
Kitana is your favorite, though, so the mere mention of me disagreeing with her inclusion makes you sour.

Tarkatan Trash

Shinnok's was unplayable in MK9, so my point still stands.
If you really want to compare the Liu Kang and Kitana cameos at the end of MKX to Shinnok's MK9 ending cameo, as far as importance goes, then my point still stands.
If Shinnok who only had a cameo at the end of MK9 was unplayable, then by that same mentality Liu Kang and Kitana should have been unplayable.
Kitana is your favorite, though, so the mere mention of me disagreeing with her inclusion makes you sour.

Quan Chi and his gang were still acting under direct orders from Shinnok during the events of MK9. By your logic, Shao Kahn had nothing to do with MK1 on the account of not being playable, even though it was under his orders that Shang Tsung and Goro acted on, and he had the most to gain out of its outcome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

NathanCorsini

Boon tweeted this "BIG (new) MKX news koming this week...".

CNxNferUEAAHaGh.jpg

Probably The Pit stage?!

Commander

I remember Boon saying a while back that they could do more with DLC in MKX than just characters.

If that's the case and this DOES indeed turn out to be the MK1 Pit, then I hope that it has the MK1 Pit Stage Fatality, or at least an MKX Stage Brutality equivalent like The Kove.

MK3 Bell Tower in MK9 - the Bell Tower Stage Fatality = facking lame.

Down4

I would rather it be a stage brutality tbh, IIRC you could do a combo in MKT and end it with a uppercut and it would still work, so it would kinda be a throwback to that.

Also, if it is the Pit stage, it looks very reminiscent of the MK Trilogy one rather than the actual MK1 pit. I've always liked the MKT one more anyway

Commander

Yup.
It does look more like the Trilogy Pit.
Still, though, the MK Trilogy Pit was basically a revamp of the MK1 Pit and it also had a simple uppercut Fatality (just like MK1), so hopefully that NRS will somehow have that in.
The Pit would suck with no Pit Fatality.

Down4

I agree, and look at this side by side comparison
CNxNferUEAAHaGh.jpg

ee5a3ec51018f80ef061c62713cad796.png

The moon is at the EXACT same angle. I also reverse google image searched it and there was no other results.

Tarkatan Trash

How about including The Pit in a Klassic Stage Pack that also includes The Living Forest, Goro's Lair, and...let's say The Subway?

Down4

How about including The Pit in a Klassic Stage Pack that also includes The Living Forest, Goro's Lair, and...let's say The Subway?

I don't really want Goro's lair but I guess it would make sense since he is the sub-boss. Also for variety I would rather have the Portal stage and possibly an MK4. I think your picks are pretty likely though

Zer0degreez

I can't see how it's Not the Pit but does that really class as HUGE news?

If there is no KP2 or Extra characters announced by the end of the week that may be as good as it will get.

Commander

I agree, and look at this side by side comparison
CNxNferUEAAHaGh.jpg

ee5a3ec51018f80ef061c62713cad796.png

The moon is at the EXACT same angle. I also reverse google image searched it and there was no other results.

I agree.
Unfortunately I have squandered all my "Thanks," but yeah it seems even more likely now.

As for Goro's Lair and The Subway, if NRS ends up eventually doing a Klassic Stage pack, I'd rather have the MK4 Prison with the fan Stage Fatality, MKII Kombat Tomb, MK1 Warrior Shrine, MK1 Palace Gates and MK4 Wind World (only if Fujin is included).

I can't see how it's Not the Pit but does that really class as HUGE news?

If there is no KP2 or Extra characters announced by the end of the week that may be as good as it will get.

It may not be big news to you, but I know plenty of people (including myself) that want more than just the 13 stages that we have now, whether that means new or Klassic stages.

Down4

I agree [MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION]. Also, there is a limit to how many thanks you can give? wtf lol

I would like Wind World as well but sadly I think it's a bit too similar to sky temple at this point to make it in. I like all of the other picks, though.

Oh and the patch is up on Xbox One!

Kilmansky

I agree.
Unfortunately I have squandered all my "Thanks," but yeah it seems even more likely now.

As for Goro's Lair and The Subway, if NRS ends up eventually doing a Klassic Stage pack, I'd rather have the MK4 Prison with the fan Stage Fatality, MKII Kombat Tomb, MK1 Warrior Shrine, MK1 Palace Gates and MK4 Wind World (only if Fujin is included).

It may not be big news to you, but I know plenty of people (including myself) that want more than just the 13 stages that we have now, whether that means new or Klassic stages.

Boon does state it's big news I'm thinking its story dlc with story dlc characters and story dlc stages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rezound

Am I the only one who wants the bank stage from MK3 to make a come back? For what ever reason it used to be my favorite arena, along with The Temple. If its too bland looking then I'd be fine with them just using the rooftop of the bank

Bank.png

Rooftop.png

PhantomCyrax

Tanya got a massive buff this patch and it was totally intentional. (Sarcasm)

Its a 3 hit 32% combo
All you have to do is Shroud your opponent... then throw them.
Im not kidding.

Edit: Im sorry but I had to. I did this to a Predator online and it was hilarious. I need to do it to someone with a mic before its hotfixed.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Down4

Tanya got a massive buff this patch and it was totally intentional.

Its a 3 hit 32% combo
All you have to do is Shroud your opponent... then throw them.
Im not kidding.

Edit: Im sorry but I had to. I did this to a Predator online and it was hilarious. I need to do it to someone with a mic before its hotfixed.

That's not a buff.. That's an obvious bug

The patch is buggy as f***.

Tanya's throw with dark shroud on the opponent in pyromancer does 32%.
Missing changes for multiple characters/stealth changes
Run cancels are super buggy, very hard to pull off now and they're very negative for characters like D'Vorah, Johnny, Liu Kang and more, essentially killing those variations
Jax's midscreen combos are even HARDER to pull off.

There's probably more shit that hasn't been discovered yet but this is honestly embarrassing from NRS. I don't know how they weren't able to discover these bugs? Did they not test it at all?

PhantomCyrax

I wasnt being serious but Ill edit Sarcasm into the post. The patch is really buggy though. Predators 3 is still a mid and run cancels are really pissing me off as a DVorah user.
Speaking of DVorah, opponents die really fast of you spam D1. Just another bug.

Also, what are some of the stealth changes if yoj know any?