Official "Insert MK9 Fighter Here" is Overpowered Thread

glammetal

Kung Lao is still OP. He is too fast, he is barely punishable. Just straight up OP. How do I know? I've played many Kung Lao noobs then they switch characters and I mop the floor with them. I also then pick Kung Lao and beat them. That is obviously a sign of OP because I suck with Kung Lao.

Revz

Every projectile needs to be nerfed, every character can hit you with one and my inability to block/dodge makes them OP.

My favorite character doesn't have every tool available. Every character should have every special (minus projectiles, see above) in the game so it's fair and I cry less when I lose.

*full of sarcasm if you can't tell :)

aedanwolfe

Every projectile needs to be nerfed, every character can hit you with one and my inability to block/dodge makes them OP.

My favorite character doesn't have every tool available. Every character should have every special (minus projectiles, see above) in the game so it's fair and I cry less when I lose.

*full of sarcasm if you can't tell :)

again this is trying to muddy that hard to identify line between unbalanced, and lrn2play. (sarcasm i know)

unfortunately its not as simple with kung laos spin to say its punishable suck it up. its punishable within a incredibly small window that either requirs extremely precise timing (and online lag nullifies the chance outside of luck) or by certain characters specials so you dont even get a combo out of it.

the reason this punish window is so small? the knockback, it requires you to either have a fast special that hits from that range, or requirs a very precisely timed dash combo.

if it didnt have the knockback it would be entirely balanced imo, and no thats not me wanting to nerf kung lao into the ground, because lets face it, if removing the knockback on kunglao makes him too weak, he has more issues then just his spin. he will still be a highly powerful character without the spin knockback.

3mag5num7

again this is trying to muddy that hard to identify line between unbalanced, and lrn2play. (sarcasm i know)

unfortunately its not as simple with kung laos spin to say its punishable suck it up. its punishable within a incredibly small window that either requirs extremely precise timing (and online lag nullifies the chance outside of luck) or by certain characters specials so you dont even get a combo out of it.

the reason this punish window is so small? the knockback, it requires you to either have a fast special that hits from that range, or requirs a very precisely timed dash combo.

if it didnt have the knockback it would be entirely balanced imo, and no thats not me wanting to nerf kung lao into the ground, because lets face it, if removing the knockback on kunglao makes him too weak, he has more issues then just his spin. he will still be a highly powerful character without the spin knockback.

Tom Brady has said that Kung Lao's Spin is going to lose 90% of the knockback in the upcoming patch. Make of that what you will.

aedanwolfe

Tom Brady has said that Kung Lao's Spin is going to lose 90% of the knockback in the upcoming patch. Make of that what you will.

ive heard, im a strong believer of wait and see, regardless of the source (unless the source is NRS itself of course). i just want to be clear here to everyone im not here to get kung lao, or any character. just voicing where i think that "line" ive talked about is. id hate for any character to be made "useless"

3mag5num7

ive heard, im a strong believer of wait and see, regardless of the source (unless the source is NRS itself of course). i just want to be clear here to everyone im not here to get kung lao, or any character. just voicing where i think that "line" ive talked about is. id hate for any character to be made "useless"

An admirable thought process (and one that I share), but considering a lot of this thread is dedicated to Kung Lao I figured it was worth the heads-up. It just adds to the discussion...hopefully lol.