Official April 2nd Kombat Kast Thread

So does anyone know if we'll be seeing any Sonya gameplay in the stream tomorrow, or is it just gonna be Jax and Jacqui along with mobile?

I mean this wouldn't be a terrible format, but I think it would be great if they could just show us all four of the remaining characters gameplay. Jax and Jaqcui would hold my attention for the most part. But seeing Kenshi and even Sonya would be welcome. Thus leaving Goro as the last demonstration along with all the gameplay footage and modes they will be showcasing on Saturday's stream.

Where are you getting this magical statistic from, about Jax being the 12 most played character?
Link?

I call BS on those statistics. Cyrax, Sonya, and Sub-Zero in the top 10 most played? I didn't see them nearly that much. Jax being #12 is some BS also. I rarely ever saw him. Top 10 would be Scorpion, Ermac, Noob, Smoke, Raiden, Kung Lao, Kitana, Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, and Mileena.

what time is the baraka and sindel reveal today?
and has anyone got tha twitchy link thing :)

I call BS on those statistics. Cyrax, Sonya, and Sub-Zero in the top 10 most played? I didn't see them nearly that much. Jax being #12 is some BS also. I rarely ever saw him. Top 10 would be Scorpion, Ermac, Noob, Smoke, Raiden, Kung Lao, Kitana, Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, and Mileena.

Lol you call bs on sub being top 10? Lol no. Only character used more than him is scorpion. Also it's the official list from nrs. I doubt they would lie when they have no reason to. And that could be just for you. I barely saw ermac, mileena, noob or smoke when i played online.

Where did you hear that Baraka and Sindel are on the roster? Theyre in story mode, but theyre not on the roster

yeah. two new reveals today :)
boon tweeted:
'this kombat kast is just a Slice of things to come...its gonna be a Scream'

SLICE = BARAKA

SCREAM = SINDEL
:)

Oh, ok, official statistics are bs and lies from NRS because YOU don't agree with them? LOL

Internet never ceases to impress me.

Baraka would be a great addition, but Sindel? Ugh, god no... she's definetely one of the worst trilogy characters.

Baraka would be a great addition, but Sindel? Ugh, god no... she's definetely one of the worst trilogy characters.

Are you serious? Sindel is undoubtedly one of the most unique & fascinating characters in the entire series.

Last edited:
There's no question that fan demand plays a role in NRS's character selection process, but it's not clear how large a role.

That's exactly my point, though.
Fan demand play a HUGE role, otherwise Kitana, Kung Lao, Liu Kang and Tremor wouldn't be in.
The proof is right there.
Sub-Zero, Reptile, Ermac, Kitana, Kung Lao and Liu Kang have big followings, and NRS knows it, hence why they made the cut, and why the dead ones among those got a cop-out for MKX.
If those characters didn't have a huge following, NRS probably would have left the dead ones as well as Reptile and Ermac out of MKX.

Jax, on the other hand, doesn't usually have a huge following and probably has more of a smaller cult following, like those who like Styker, Sheeva, Sindel and Tanya.
It's not many people who DO like those characters, but there ARE some people who like them.
I'm convinced that Jax was brought back for the sole purpose of introducing Jacqui.
There's nothing wrong with that if Jacqui takes his spot for a few games, but I'm not buying that bullshit which is being implied, that Jax is THAT popular.
Horse shit.
No, he's not.
Again, he's likely in because they needed an offspring in MKX from him.
Simple.

I still think it's because Casuals really like him. Casuals don't really care for the MK lore, we do, which is why most of us think that Jax is useless. Casuals just care about what's "cool" and Jax fits that mould.

It's just that your personal experience differs from the stats. Nothing out of the ordinary. I myself almost never saw Liu or Raiden, surprisingly. But they were definitely out there. Just a coincidence that I never saw them a lot.

[MENTION=5107]Taj Gill[/MENTION]
Most casuals care for the male and female ninjas, and a few other characters like Kung Lao, with Jax sometimes not even being 1 of their choices.
I see it in MKX articles on IGN, all the time, with those casuals.

They love Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot, Ermac, Reptile, Kitana, Mileena, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Cyrax and Kabal.
Every once in a blue moon you'll see someone mention Jax, but he's nowhere near the popularity of those that I mentioned.

[MENTION=5107]Taj Gill[/MENTION]
Most casuals care for the male and female ninjas, and a few other characters like Kung Lao, with Jax sometimes not even being 1 of their choices.
I see it in MKX articles on IGN, all the time, with those casuals.

They love Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot, Ermac, Reptile, Kitana, Mileena, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Cyrax and Kabal.
Every once in a blue moon you'll see someone mention Jax, but he's nowhere near the popularity of those that I mentioned.

Hm, casuals I know like Jax because he's the cool Black guy lol.

That's exactly my point, though.
Fan demand play a HUGE role, otherwise Kitana, Kung Lao, Liu Kang and Tremor wouldn't be in.
The proof is right there.
Sub-Zero, Reptile, Ermac, Kitana, Kung Lao and Liu Kang have big followings, and NRS knows it, hence why they made the cut, and why the dead ones among those got a cop-out for MKX.
If those characters didn't have a huge following, NRS probably would have left the dead ones as well as Reptile and Ermac out of MKX.

Jax, on the other hand, doesn't usually have a huge following and probably has more of a smaller cult following, like those who like Styker, Sheeva, Sindel and Tanya.
It's not many people who DO like those characters, but there ARE some people who like them.
I'm convinced that Jax was brought back for the sole purpose of introducing Jacqui.
There's nothing wrong with that if Jacqui takes his spot for a few games, but I'm not buying that bullshit which is being implied, that Jax is THAT popular.
Horse shit.
No, he's not.
Again, he's likely in because they needed an offspring in MKX from him.
Simple.
i really think casual fans like him. when some were complaining about Jax saying "gotcha", casual fans LOVE that. they do!!!
i would assume that MKX maybe Johnny,Sonya, and Jax last game for awhile IF fans take to Jacqui and Cassie.

Are you serious? Sindel is undoubtedly one of the most unique & fascinating characters in the entire series.

Maybe to you, but Sindel, Stryker and Sheeva could be absent in MK games, from here on out, and I wouldn't really bat an eyelash.

opinionated.gif

Hm, casuals I know like Jax because he's the cool Black guy lol.

Casuals that I know like Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Liu Kang, Raiden, Noob Saibot, Ermac, Reptile, Kitana, Mileena, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Cyrax and Kabal.

If I go up to my 4 cousins and 3 best friends who haven't played MK since 1992, and I ask them who their favorite characters are, I can tell you right now that 6 out of those 7 people will pick the big 4 (Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Liu Kang, Raiden) and the 4th person would likely pick Smoke, Noob Saibot, Ermac, Reptile, Kitana, Mileena, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Cyrax or Kabal.
My wife is another person that usually never plays Mortal Kombat, but she'll ask me if "purple Kitana and Mileena" (she gets them mixed up) are in.

i really think casual fans like him. when some were complaining about Jax saying "gotcha", casual fans LOVE that. they do!!!
i would assume that MKX maybe Johnny,Sonya, and Jax last game for awhile IF fans take to Jacqui and Cassie.

I have yet to see many casual fans that like him.
Again, if there are casuals that like him, then it's a cult following like some of the other lesser characters.
For the most part, I hardly hear him being uttered among people who don't usually play MK.
As for Jax, Sonya and Johnny having their last hurrah in MKX, and sitting out for a while, I completely agree if people love Jacqui and Cassie.

Last edited: