Official April 2nd Kombat Kast Thread

theyre gunna show the mobile thing off and everybody be like 'meh' get to the good stuff already...
then they show jax and jaquie and everybody be like 'arrgh theyre so bland and borrrinnngg go back to the mobile stuff!.... show us darrius!!....mocap!,...anything but this!!

Hmm i wonder why jax was like the 12 most played as character in mkx if he is so bland and boring..

Hmm i wonder why jax was like the 12 most played as character in mkx if he is so bland and boring..
Because casuals like him. He is bland and boring to the majority of hardcore MK Fans, I can agree with that, but because of the casuals, I can see why he's in the game.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Jax was the man in MK9. Only thing I didn't like we're his combos but I think they'll fix that this time around. Am I the only one who think we'll see Jax, Jacqui, AND Kenshi demonstrations? Kenshi will be BOSS!

Last edited:
Because casuals like him. He is bland and boring to the majority of hardcore MK Fans, I can agree with that, but because of the casuals, I can see why he's in the game.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
Casuals matter though. They make up the majority of people who play mkx. And he was used over 8 million times. Im pretty sure only half of them using him are casuals. Hardcore people like him too. They just may not voice their opinions on the forums and such.

Ok, sure, but I still don't see how that translates to a fun / fan favorite character that people want to have in MKX, as you're implying.
All that proves was that he was the 12 used in all MK9 game modes.

That list proves nothing.
Quan Chi is #26 on that list and Mileena is #23, but both are on the MKX main roster, whereas Baraka, Noob Saibot, Smoke, Cyrax, Jade and Nightwolf are much higher on the list, but don't have nearly the amount of fan requests for MKX as the characters that made the cut.

Ok, sure, but I still don't see how that translates to a fun / fan favorite character that people want to have in MKX, as you're implying.
All that proves was that he was the 12 used in all MK9 game modes.

That list proves nothing.
Quan Chi is #26 on that list and Mileena is #23, but both are on the MKX main roster, whereas Baraka, Noob Saibot, Smoke, Cyrax, Jade and Nightwolf are much higher on the list, but don't have nearly the amount of fan requests for MKX as the characters that made the cut.

You also have to take in account story importance too. Its a combination of a multitude of things. You have to look,at the totality of it. Most used in tournaments, most used online, most requested on twitter, iconism, story importance, and of course nrs staff members favs are all a combination of reasons someone is in and not. Quan chi was a certain to be in for story and so was mileena.

Quan Chi and Mileena have huge story relevance for MKX, though, so they get in regardless of how frequently used they are. The only characters on your list who could have potentially had huge story roles but don't are Noob Saibot and maayybe Baraka.

There's no question that fan demand plays a role in NRS's character selection process, but it's not clear how large a role. In Jax's case, I think him being one of the original 7 is a way bigger deal than the fact that it turns out casuals embraced him in MK9.

In Jax's case, I think him being one of the original 7 is a way bigger deal than the fact that it turns out casuals embraced him in MK9.
Nah, Jax premiered in MK II. I think he was perhaps considered for the first game, but he wasn't one of the original seven.

Liu Kang
Kano
Johnny Cage
Sonya Blade
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Raiden

Goro (unplayable)
Shang Tsung (unplayable)

...and Reptile, kind of.

Nah, Jax premiered in MK II. I think he was perhaps considered for the first game, but he wasn't one of the original seven.

Liu Kang
Kano
Johnny Cage
Sonya Blade
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Raiden

Goro (unplayable)
Shang Tsung (unplayable)

...and Reptile, kind of.

Sorry, miscount on my part. I meant "original 8." He was in fact meant to be an MK1 character (replaced by Sonya), and you can see in NRS's love for the character that they haven't forgotten that.

He's barely missed a game since his debut, he's back with a daughter in MKX, he has a ridiculous amount of alternate costumes.

Casuals matter though. They make up the majority of people who play mkx. And he was used over 8 million times. Im pretty sure only half of them using him are casuals. Hardcore people like him too. They just may not voice their opinions on the forums and such.

B
I
N
G
O

...and the kick is good!

Same for every AAA game ever. You account for the hardcore audience and target the casual fan. I know many want to believe TRMK is where all MK fans are, but far more fans of MK have never heard of fan forums than you'd want to comfortably admit. We, and this goes for any game forum out there, are a minuscule minority of the fan base. Literally, the 1%.

So does anyone know if we'll be seeing any Sonya gameplay in the stream tomorrow, or is it just gonna be Jax and Jacqui along with mobile?