Official April 2nd Kombat Kast Thread

Yes sir. 3 hours left.

Guys, just google 3 PM CST to "your timezone". That's all you need to do. If you don't know your own time zone, well then I'm at a loss for words. That can also be Googled.

To be completely honest i wasn't even sure it's 3PM CST, i just guessed, that's why i asked. I know how to use Google.

And thanks.

Haha I ended up adding Chicago to my iPod's world clock just so I don't have to worry about the whole timezone thing

I still fail to see how an intellectually deficient Tarkatan with absolutely no purpose is somehow more appealing than an Edenian queen with prehensile hair & sonic screams.

He looks like a monster when Sindel looks like an old lady with a really boring look.

Organic blades are more interesting than hair moves.

The sound gimmick could be cool but it was always very badly executed.

And last, male characters are always more popular than female characters for obvious reasons.

He looks like a monster when Sindel looks like an old lady with a really boring look.

Organic blades are more interesting than hair moves.

The sound gimmick could be cool but it was always very badly executed.

And last, male characters are always more popular than female characters for obvious reasons.

At least Sindel wasn't a member of a race that consists entirely of clones. ;)

People likes monsters, they are tired of human and humanoids. He provides variety to the game.

Personally I'm not a Baraka fan, but I think he's kinda cool.

I'm just explaining what the mk community in general thinks of these two.

To be perfectly honest, I am still unable to see Baraka's appeal. He was, by far, the worst Trilogy character for me personally. Visually, his storyline, his moves... he just screams low-tier character to be thrown as a punching bag with the "I look like a monster" gimmick. Opinions do differ.

I tend to don't give a shit about a character's story when I want to play as him.

Rain and Skarlet have almost no story whatsoever and they are 2 of my favs.

Story won't change the gameplay in any way, so Baraka fans like his outfit, his monstruos face, his blades, and his gameplay.

If Mokap ended up being a total badass, being the champion of MK, and killing Shinnok and all his oni demons I would still not play as him, because I don't like his gimmick nor his looks.

You are giving story too much importance when selecting a character to play, I like MK story and I enjoy it, but I can't care less about it when I choose my mains and favs.

People tend to like Baraka because 1) he's a monster, which is rare in MK, and 2) his bladed arms, which make for a unique look that compliments his bloodthirsty persona.

Baraka was my favorite in MK Deception, but MK9 killed him for me.

Rewatch Baraka's MK9 ending. If NRS actually gave enough of a shit, Baraka wouldn't be a clone.

Rain and Skarlet have almost no story whatsoever and they are 2 of my favs.

Rain is someone I've never saw the appeal in? I really don't get it. It's as though people only like him because he's another ninja. His moveset is hella gimmicky. He's Sub-Zero on a hot day

I'm letting this go on, but as soon as one insult is made based on one's opinion, it's being shut down.

Oh, and I'll give infractions. This is the general warning.

Man, I've missed all of the Thursday ones. Which means I've only seen like two of them? Stupid work lol.
At least you're getting paid to miss it. I have to sit through an hour of boredom, followed by hours of sore gums.

They're usually up on NRS' stream archive(upper-right corner) as soon as the stream closes, so it's not a big problem, though. Otherwise, you have to wait for the Youtube upload, which takes hours. (I know you probably know this - just posting this for any passersby.)

Never understood the fandom towards Baraka. But the same for Sindel. In fact, I was PISSED when Sindel straight killed off damn near the entire good side.

I used to like Sindel in MK3, even in 3D era, but in MK9 Sindel turns into an annoying yelling overpowered old "lady", and when that infamous MK9 scene ocurred I was like "Oh c'mon, wish this granny returns to her tomb soon"

Baraka... whatever, I like his gameplay in MK 9 but that's all. I like the character (at least, the concept of the nosferatu mask, tarkatan, etc...) but I don't mind if he doesn't return anymore. Time to give some light to other races.

Rain is someone I've never saw the appeal in? I really don't get it. It's as though people only like him because he's another ninja. His moveset is hella gimmicky. He's Sub-Zero on a hot day

If you don't understand the physical differences between ice and water then I can't do anything for you.

Water and ice are so different... You can like Rain or not, that's ok but saying that Rain is just Sub-Zero on a hot day is the most ridiculous thing you could have said.