NRS wanted to include 360 exclusive character.

Kelsper

NetherRealm's Ed Boon says that the developer wanted to create a 360-exclusive character, but were prevented from doing so due to pesky "circumstances."

Speaking to Eurogamer, Boon said that the team wanted to give Xbox 360 Mortal Kombat owners their own character like PS3's Kratos, but ultimately it wasn't up to them. "I'm not allowed to talk too much about it, but I can tell you we certainly wanted to do an exclusive for 360, but that's all I can say. It was not a decision we made where we said, 'Oh, let's not do one for the 360.'"

Boon says that NetherRealm wanted to include an 360-exclusive character bad enough that the team was already dreaming up who it could be before the idea was quashed. "Anybody who's really knowledgeable about the Xbox video games, the big titles, names like Master Chief from Halo, Marcus Fenix from Gears of War, and any other Xbox exclusive title, is going to come up in a conversation in talking about it. So clearly we've discussed it."

Unfortunately, it's not to be. Boon's tip-toeing around who's to blame, but who would kill the idea? Microsoft? And for god's sake, why?!

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ot-allowed-to-do-360-exclusive-character.aspx

NetherRealm's Ed Boon says that the developer wanted to create a 360-exclusive character, but were prevented from doing so due to pesky "circumstances."

Speaking to Eurogamer, Boon said that the team wanted to give Xbox 360 Mortal Kombat owners their own character like PS3's Kratos, but ultimately it wasn't up to them. "I'm not allowed to talk too much about it, but I can tell you we certainly wanted to do an exclusive for 360, but that's all I can say. It was not a decision we made where we said, 'Oh, let's not do one for the 360.'"

Boon says that NetherRealm wanted to include an 360-exclusive character bad enough that the team was already dreaming up who it could be before the idea was quashed. "Anybody who's really knowledgeable about the Xbox video games, the big titles, names like Master Chief from Halo, Marcus Fenix from Gears of War, and any other Xbox exclusive title, is going to come up in a conversation in talking about it. So clearly we've discussed it."

Unfortunately, it's not to be. Boon's tip-toeing around who's to blame, but who would kill the idea? Microsoft? And for god's sake, why?!

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ot-allowed-to-do-360-exclusive-character.aspx

damn you to hell warner bros!!! we all should write letters to em

Yeah, I'm guessing Microsoft is to blame, not wanting one of their figurehead characters to get all torn up and beat up and dismembered.

gears characters get their heads curbed stomped off i don't think they have a problem with that, master cheif maybe but not markus

Yeah, I'm guessing Microsoft is to blame, not wanting one of their figurehead characters to get all torn up and beat up and dismembered.

This is the most obvious answer to me. I mean even the GOW people said it was weird seeing Kratos get ripped up like that. I can understand that. Look at DC for godsakes and the last MK game.

I never really understood the mindset about a character getting dismembered in a Mortal Kombat game. So what if Master Chief gets torn up in MK. How does that effect his character or Halo games at all?

This is the same BS for when certain car companies wont allow their cars to be damaged in videogames. I dont get it. Its a videogame, it isnt real. How does smashing a car devalue or change how someone would feel about the real thing?

I dont see master cheif in mk at all...the game is so...rated teeen lol. Kratos fits perfectly in MK, God of War is full of gore and dismemberment that its normal in that game world.

who knows what affected the relationship between WB and Microsoft. since the game was announced mid last year, i havn't seen any videsos, news, info or features on it on inside xbox. im surprised they even put it on the marketplace.

who knows what affected the relationship between WB and Microsoft. since the game was announced mid last year, i havn't seen any videsos, news, info or features on it on inside xbox. im surprised they even put it on the marketplace.

Yea The Only Thing They Did Was Put The Kombat Pass Up And Have Like A Zune Ad Saying Mortal Kombat But That was the original film

i think a gears character would have worked but would have stuck out like a sore thumb. isaac clark from dead space would have worked but i don't think he's that popular and recognisable.

i think a gears character would have worked but would have stuck out like a sore thumb. isaac clark from dead space would have worked but i don't think he's that popular and recognisable.

Isaac is also cross platform so he wouldnt have worked

Cliffy B wanted the new Carmine Brother But That didnt happen it would of been master chief or a Gow Kharacter

Couldnt Be Ryu Hayabusa Cause Hes Cross Platform

Wait, you guys actually wanted an exclusive character in MK Xbox360? Am I the only one happy we didn't get one?

The good thing about Kratos in MK is that he not only seems like he could be in a universe such as MK, but his attacks are like something you'd find in an MK game. Combine this with the fact that he's a widely known staple of the PS gaming community, and you have your exclusive fighter for Playstation.

Unfortunately, Xbox 360 doesn't have any of this. Master Chief just doesn't work in the context of a fighting game, and outside of his plasma sword, none of his attacks seem at all realistic in this context. Marcus Fenix would also get his ass handed to him bringing a lancer to a fire-ninja fight, and yet again, he wouldn't make sense in the content of the game. The only character I could possibly see in a game like MK would be somebody like Riddick, Joanna Dark, or even the Fable hero. The unfortunate thing is that Riddick is multi-plat now, Joanna Dark is a has been, and the Fable hero is, well, nameless. 360 just doesn't have a good selection of fighters.

That is the most immature and ridiculous excuse. These guys need to get over themselves. It's just a game. And one that has NO effect on said character's own story/universe.

So freakin childish.