Noob's name

Noob's name

• Noob

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Noob Saibot

Votes: 56 84.8%
  • What the hell is this sh1t of thread?!

Votes: 9 13.6%

• Total voters
OK time to end this.
Here is the old Sub-Zero bio from the Mortal Kombat 2011 website.

Clad in blue, this formidable assassin began his deadly path on a mission from the Lin Kuei to murder Shang Tsung. That's when he was killed by Scorpion only to reappear as Noob Saibot, with his younger brother taking on the identity of Sub-Zero. Now he emerges with untold secrets of the afterlife propelling him fearlessly into the bloodiest battles. Time and again, he assaults the confidence of his enemies with his resurrected strength and sense of deadly purpose. Creating dismembered bodies and broken spirits wherever he goes, he threatens the very notion of peace on earth with his awe-inspiring destructive energy.

There you have it.

And he never was just Noob and here is that proof.

Mortal Kombat: Tournament Edition Noob Saibot ending.

Mortal Kombat: Deception Noob-Smoke bio

Mortal Kombat: Deception Smoke Kard

Mortal Kombat: Deception Noob-Smoke ending

With Smoke as his template, Noob Saibot planned to return to the Netherrealm and use Smoke's nanotechnology to create an army of cyborg demons. He was unaware that they were followed by someone Noob had not seen since before he became a wraith. Smoke instantly recognized their visitor. He was an echo of their past. He was Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot's brother. Noob Saibot was surprised to see how much stronger his brother had become. If he were still Lin Kuei, still human, he would probably have shown some degree of pride. But, as Raiden had revealed during the ordeal with Shinnok's Amulet, his soul had been tainted when he died at the hand of Scorpion. Noob Saibot, the original Sub-Zero, had descended into the Netherrealm free from compassion. He ordered Smoke to assist him in slaying his brother - his first act as ruler of the Netherrealm.

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon Noob ending.

With a flash, Blaze was defeated, and Noob Saibot found he was no longer standing atop the ancient pyramid, but in the center of a darkened arena.
From the shadows, a figure slowly emerged.
It was Sub-Zero, the warrior Noob had been before being slain by Scorpion.
Sub-Zero had come to regain control of their divided soul.
The two clashed, but neither could best the other.
In the end, what emerged was a being that was neither Noob Saibot nor Sub-Zero, but something new....

There you have the proof. All made after John Tobias left and ALL of them plainly say NOOB SAIBOT. Now run tell that. :razz:

^They only call him that in the endings and such, not actually in-game, which is what we're talking about.

You where saying that they stopped because Tobias left and that is not the case. They did it only because they combined him and Smoke. They even call him Noob Saibot in game in Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition.

Time to admit defeat my friend.

Wow. I cant believe some are arguing what hes gonna be called in game. They didnt put Saibot in deception and armageddon because they didnt wanna redo the voice work, basically they were lazy so they just split Noob-Smoke and used the same voice bit.

End of story.

No meed to be changing names.
Noob-Saibot for Full name
Noob for Nickname
keep it how its been. Regardless we still know who they are mentioning with either name.

Noob Saibot always had a ring to it, even though it was a gimmick name. But what else could we call him? Sub Saibot, Dark Zero, Spectre, Negative-Zero? I don't know. Noob Saibot is fine.

Wow. I cant believe some are arguing what hes gonna be called in game. They didnt put Saibot in deception and armageddon because they didnt wanna redo the voice work, basically they were lazy so they just split Noob-Smoke and used the same voice bit.

End of story.

Finally, someone else gets it..

Time and again, he assaults the confidence of his enemies with his resurrected strength and sense of deadly purpose. Creating dismembered bodies and broken spirits wherever he goes, he threatens the very notion of peace on earth with his awe-inspiring destructive energy

You know, i remember the previous SZ bio on the official site and im quite POSITIVE these last two quoted sentences WERENT on there... are you sure you didnt just make them up? The rest of that bio is legit though.

How aout just calling him Bi-Han? LOL

I hope not. Bi Han is boring and doen't even fit his dark nature. That was his original name even before Sub Zero. Why would he be called this? He is so far removed from that name that it dosen't make sense to call him that. We might as well call Jax Jackson Briggs or the younger Sub Zero Kuai Liang. No thanks. I knew your were just joking but, I am just commenting about Bi Han. Someone may say that later and I just had to give reason why I object.

Last edited:
I hope not. Bi Han is boring and doen't even fit his dark nature. That was his original name even before Sub Zero. Why would he be called this? He is so far removed from that name that it dosen't make sense to call him that. We might as well call Jax Jackson Briggs or the younger Sub Zero Kuai Liang. No thanks.

It was a joke.
Don't get so defensive.
I was just messing around.
I put "lol" at the end of it.

In all seriousness though, I'd want them to keep it as Noob Saibot, as well.

Noob Saibot all the way, that's how he was introduced in MK II and that's how it should stay. A tribute to John Tobias who is also MK co-creator, let's not forget him.