my new cap avatar

kold_as_ice92

whatcha think of my new cap avatar? the death of him has ended my readings of Marvel comics. I will only continue to purchase every old cap issue and the new Night of the Living Dead comics.

CNN had a little thing on it. at least they have credit to give for the greatest superhero(and im not just saying that because he's dead. I've read Cap comics for a LONG time now and have stopped reading because of this. but since Marvel heroes never stay dead--like his sidekick Bucky and unlike Captain Marvel--he may return and so may my attention to Marvel).

you dropped marvel because of that? I'm surprised that people can react so strongly to something in a comic that they drop all their titles (they're just comics) Since that mess that was civil war I've actually been picking up more titles despite having strong reservations about the outcome.

Also I'm just wondering what was it about Cap's death that made you drop marvel? if it was anything to do with civil war, brubaker has already stated that he had this planned well before CW came into the mix and only brought it forward because he didn't want to write a comic about cap stuck in a jail cell. But if you're a long time cap fan then your reaction is more understandable.

yes he did. He got sniped.(i think) They said he might come back. But the bigger question is...HOW THE F*** DO I KNOW THIS STUFF?!?!

1. You're either a regular newsaholic 2. a closet marvel fanboy or 3. know someone who is :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I never liked him anyway. Don't like too many Marvel characters really. Spider-Man is my main man. But I have no interest in most other Marvel characters. Only other ones I can say I like (but not enough to follow their story) would be Iron Man and Ghost Rider.

I'm not a fan of the boyscout truth-justice-american way kind of comic heroes, but to me Cap was a legend. He was a mainstay in my MUA team, and he kicks ass in Marvel Nemesis. Sniping was a poor way to kill him off.

Not everyone has an epic death. I think it's good for someone to die so commonly. Showcases how indescriminating war can be. And how little one pays attention to snipers.