Mortal Kombat X will have a day one 2GB patch

So what you're saying is, cut off my PS4's connection to the Internet until I unlock everything in the krypt right? XD

Some notable changes

1. The tower boss's difficulty has been increased

2. Money gained through story mode and normal fights has been significantly decreased. He got 2500 for defeating a boss in towers and after the update he only got 200

http://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/31q5ok/mortal_kombat_x_day_one_update_ps4/

I wonder if the patch added anything else. It would be awesome if they left out secrets and then patch them in later

Product of the times it seems, looks like we got off easy on the day one patch some have been monsters.

good to know theyre fixing mistakes day one! maybe theyll patch ma boii BarakkasTeeF into the game as playable

So they are essentially trying to let the game drag out longer. As someone who doesn't have much time with video games like I used to, I don't welcome this change.

Also, publishers releasing day one patches is a bad sign. Publishers have gotten sloppy and allowed their games to be shipped riddled with bugs.

Last edited:
I noticed a lot of glitches while watching some streams. Particularly in Fatality Practice, the victim's "dizzy" audio clip would continue to loop even during and after a fatality is performed on them.

Also Jacqui's second fatality is CLEARLY using the wrong voice clip lol it's bad.

Also, publishers releasing day one patches is a bad sign. Publishers have gotten sloppy and allowed their games to be shipped riddled with bugs.
It depends. They might have just encountered some bug they didn't catch before game going gold. It doesn't make difference anyway, since the same stuff would've probably be fixed in the first patch anyway. And after all, it gets fixed so this far there's nothing to complain about.

But if you are concerned about how fast you can get unlocks, why you just refuse to download day 1 patch and collect some Koins to unlock everything you need?

I noticed a lot of glitches while watching some streams. Particularly in Fatality Practice, the victim's "dizzy" audio clip would continue to loop even during and after a fatality is performed on them.

Also Jacqui's second fatality is CLEARLY using the wrong voice clip lol it's bad.

Have you also noticed that there are glitches with the audio in these specific scenes of the game:

When you are on Round 2, the word FIGHT doesn't show up and sometimes you will just hear it instead of seeing it. OR, you wont hear or see the word FIGHT at all, you will just hear "Round 2" The same thing goes for Round 3 or better known as "Final round"...

its disappointing! I dont know if it was done on purpose... but it would be nice if it went back to NORMAL!

:(

It depends. They might have just encountered some bug they didn't catch before game going gold. It doesn't make difference anyway, since the same stuff would've probably be fixed in the first patch anyway. And after all, it gets fixed so this far there's nothing to complain about.

But if you are concerned about how fast you can get unlocks, why you just refuse to download day 1 patch and collect some Koins to unlock everything you need?

I'm more inclined to believe that the game was shipped out as fast as possible to meet the deadline instead of being thoroughly debugged from the start. I prefer games to function as much as possible without being dependent on patches. I still want to be able to enjoy older titles after the consoles are discontinued and the servers are down. Skyrim (the PS3 version at least) is an example of a game that is too heavily reliant on patches; it was barely playable without them.

Last edited:
Welcome to the days of shipping shit out as fast as possible and fix it later.

It only took BF4 2 years of patches and upgrades to make itself a decent game.

Urgh...looks like the last gen platforms are going to get screwed out of coins as well. I can't see that 'coin bug' remaining with the 360&PS3 versions by the time they get their release.

That coin decrease tho? How much do Alternate Skins cost in the Krypt? That'll determine if I want to install the patch or not.

That coin decrease tho? How much do Alternate Skins cost in the Krypt? That'll determine if I want to install the patch or not.
I doubt you'll have much choice come launch, tbh. If you want to play online you'll certainly have to install it.

The coins thing is a bit much. At least let us have 1500, hell if they made the boss tougher we should be getting more coins out of it.

I doubt you'll have much choice come launch, tbh. If you want to play online you'll certainly have to install it.
I don't care for online tbh, that's why I'm willing to disconnect from the Internet if it'll take a long ass time to unlock things post patch. I'm all for long replay value, but if I can't get my unlockable Scorpion skins til like a month after playing the game, then I won't install the patch.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk