Mortal Kombat: Resurrection (MK10 Idea)

Hellxs

Note: I’m new to Mortal Kombat so some of this stuff might be wrong, if it is just tell me what it is

So I had an Idea for the next Mortal Kombat, it would be called Mortal Kombat Resurrection because of all the dead heroes.

The Plot:
Quan Chi has Sindels soul, who was given the soul of Shang Tsung to give her the power to kill the heroes. Shang Tsung makes his necklace appear on Sindel. Quan Chi sees this necklace and takes to give himself more power. What he does not know is that Shang Tsung has put his own soul into the necklace. When Quan Chi puts it on Shang Tsung takes control of him. Shang Tsung decides that he likes the Netherrealm because of all the souls there are Shang Tsung estimates that he could live for at least another 10,000 years. But, Shang Tsung becomes greedy and decides he wants to be immortal. He has an idea that if he can receive the soul of Raiden, then he would become immortal because Raiden is a God. Shang Tsung decides to have Quan Chi host a tournament. A tournament in which if you won you would receive the souls of the heroes of Earthrealm. But if you lost, you r soul would be taken by Quan Chi(Shang Tsung). He hoped this would bait Raiden, which it did. Raiden attended the tournament along with the new Earthrealm warriors, consisting of Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade, Kai, Bo Rai Cho, Fujin, the newly good rain, and new characters.

Rain:
The story starts right were it left off, with Raiden, Johnny, and Sonya teleporting off the rooftop. They land in the street where they see Rain, who looks like a normal guy with a purple sweatshirt with the hood up, being talked to by Baraka and Shao Kahn’s Extermination squads. Raiden has one more vision and sees the horrible things that Rain will do so he shouts to Rain. Rain turns around and Baraka loses his patience and attacks him. Rain pulls out his knives and the first fight of the game happens with Baraka. Rain defeats Baraka and joins Raiden to become a Earthrealm warrior.

Sub-Zero
Before he is taken over by Shang Tsung, Quan Chi takes Sub-Zeros soul out of his robotic body creating the old Sub-Zero. But, seeing use for the robotic body, Quan Chi performs a ritual that can only happen every 500 years to create an exact copy of sub-Zeros soul. Thus keeping the cool new character Cyber sub-Zero and returning the Sub-Zero we know and love.

New Kombatants

Good

Kai
Fujin
Bo Rai Cho
Rain
Hydro (To rescue Sub-Zero) Note: He is not a robot I don’t know why people think that
Siang
Li Mei
Kenshi
Khameleon

Bad

Reiko
Tremor
Drahmin
Moloch
Hsu Hao
Chameleon

Reptile would have a bigger role and more would be revealed about the Saurians that’s why Chameleon and Khameleon are in it

New Ideas

Scorcher-A fireman who is friends with Rain. He got his nickname because whenever he is on duty there always seems to be a fire. He is good.

Puck-A hockey player who was found by Johnny Cage when he went to watch a hockey game for the small team he owned. He is good.

Narruc-A drunk Russian who Sony Blade found when she was chasing Hsu Hao in Russia. She thought he was a henchman of him so she took him prisoner and discovered he could fight. He is good.

A British boxer who was found by Johnny cage when he attended a boxing match. He is good.

A patriot who was found by Sonya Blade when she attended a play on the Revolutionary War. She arrests him after he beats up an actor playing a British soldier. He is good.

An Eskimo who is a member of the Lin Kuei. He lives in Antarctica and was forgotten by the Lin Kuei, that is why he was not automated. Johnny Cage found him on a trip there He is good.

I’m sorry that I didn’t have a new evil character, I just couldn’t think of one. If you have an idea for a new evil character or way to improve the ones I made just post it below.

Seems a bit campy, plus Shao Khan is currently being reamed by the Elder Gods. There's also the little bit at the end of story mode where Shinnok and Quan Chi are talking, alluding to Shinnok being the new Big Bad in any upcoming MKs. Also, Rain is Edenian, not Earthrealm...ian?

Personally, I think it would be best to introduce some of the characters displayed in the ending cuts of each Kombatant's ladder victory. Some of which you have already made a note of in your OP. Perhaps after said point, which would coincide with MK4 and give the developers to add in the prime cut characters that recieved a warm welcome the first time around, and cut out the chaff leading up to MK:A, we could introduce brand new characters to this already colorful cast.

Oh, and Nightwolf cries every time you call them Eskimos. They're called Inuit.

Scorcher-A fireman who is friends with Rain. He got his nickname because whenever he is on duty there always seems to be a fire. He is good.

Puck-A hockey player who was found by Johnny Cage when he went to watch a hockey game for the small team he owned. He is good.

Narruc-A drunk Russian who Sony Blade found when she was chasing Hsu Hao in Russia. She thought he was a henchman of him so she took him prisoner and discovered he could fight. He is good.

A British boxer who was found by Johnny cage when he attended a boxing match. He is good.

A patriot who was found by Sonya Blade when she attended a play on the Revolutionary War. She arrests him after he beats up an actor playing a British soldier. He is good.

An Eskimo who is a member of the Lin Kuei. He lives in Antarctica and was forgotten by the Lin Kuei, that is why he was not automated. Johnny Cage found him on a trip there He is good.

Sorry but these are all terrible ideas.....also, SF has a boxer....so, yeah, that would only fuel the MK vs SF arguments.

Sorry dude :/

The second part of the game would be after the tournament so basicly you win the tournament and receive the souls of the warriors back. Reiko eventually realizes what has happened to Quan Chi and removes the necklace shang tsung comes out of the necklace and flees. then the story would go on from there, Quan chi and reiko help summon Shinnok

Sorry but these are all terrible ideas.....also, SF has a boxer....so, yeah, that would only fuel the MK vs SF arguments.

Sorry dude :/

Well thats YOUR opinion

But i do get what you mean about the boxer I just think MK needs a British guy and I couldn't come up with anything else for one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well thats YOUR opinion

But i do get what you mean about the boxer I just think MK needs a British guy and I couldn't come up with anything else for one.

Um...of course it is just my opinion, that is why I am saying it =)

You wanted some feedback so I gave it. No need to get nasty over it. If you can't handle criticism, don't post info on the net :) It's not to be rude, it's just because I personally think those are bad/overdone characters.

:)

Okay, I guess I gotta be the one to cut the cake on whats really gonna happen. Lets take a look back at raidens visions before he dies. One of those visions was him bringing Liu Kang back to life. Being that he is the champion of Mortal Kombat, Raiden will need him, therefore bringing Liu Kang back to life, BUT, now his vendetta is against Raiden, and in this one Liu Kang will defeat Raiden and become the soul protector of eathrealm. But thats just one main part.

As far as the warriors who died at the hands of Sindel, they have to be ressurected, there can be no Mortal Kombat without SUB ZERO, JAX, KUNG LAO,etc. Thats almost all of the good guys. I guarantee they will play a part in MK10.

One more thing we cant forget about, the warrirors who didnt die, good and evil, and the warriors who were in MK4, Deadly Alliance, and Deception. All of these characters will play a role in MK10 because it will be the very last Mortal Kombat they make, with the same generation characters.

Fujin,Kai,Tanya,Jerek,Reiko, and Shinnok, will all be making appearances.

The Black and Red Dragon Clans will also play a big role in this because Kano never died, and Jerek is along side with him. Mavado and another (hopefully not Hsu Hao) red Dragon will make an appearance in this as well.

With Jax gone, Sonya in vulnerable to the black dragon clan and sadly she will be defeated unless

She reverts Cyrax to his human form, take Kenshi and a few others, and form a new Special Forces. But where is Sektor? This will take some thought with the netherrealm team.

If Kung Lao isnt ressurencted, Kai will take his place in the stand of the Shaolin. Being in this fight to avenge him.

Tanya? We know she's a sneaky that is undercover for Shinnok and Quan Chi. Her role will be well played in this one of course.

Scorpion? Its guaranteed that he will find out that Quan Chi is the true murderer of the Shirai Ryu and will be on the hunt for him.

Reiko- Will take place of Shao Khan in the stand against the Netherrealm.

Mileena- Will try to be the new empress/queen of Outworld AND Edenia, which will cause a battle between her and Tanya, if Kitana isnt ressurected.

Goro and Kintaro and Sheeva was never killed, so the Shokan will take a stand againts the Netherrealm.

I believe Havok will play a role in this as well, although he is from the Chaos realm.

Shujinko will definately play a role in the next game. Not as old but he will play a part in how evertyhing pans out. Raiden will kill him out of anger and protection of Earthrealm

Fujin will play his role as the wind God who comes to help Raiden in this battle.

BY THE WAY! This is Mortal Kombat, but this wont be "Mortal Kombat" as in a tournament, it will be the survival of the realms. Which is Why it should be entitled "Survival Of The Realms" (Mortal Kombat) it is a genius idea because clearly this wont be a tournament like the first 3, it will now be more realistic than just a tournament. It will be another version of Armageddon.

Okay, I guess I gotta be the one to cut the cake on whats really gonna happen. Lets take a look back at raidens visions before he dies. One of those visions was him bringing Liu Kang back to life. Being that he is the champion of Mortal Kombat, Raiden will need him, therefore bringing Liu Kang back to life, BUT, now his vendetta is against Raiden, and in this one Liu Kang will defeat Raiden and become the soul protector of eathrealm. But thats just one main part.

As far as the warriors who died at the hands of Sindel, they have to be ressurected, there can be no Mortal Kombat without SUB ZERO, JAX, KUNG LAO,etc. Thats almost all of the good guys. I guarantee they will play a part in MK10.

One more thing we cant forget about, the warrirors who didnt die, good and evil, and the warriors who were in MK4, Deadly Alliance, and Deception. All of these characters will play a role in MK10 because it will be the very last Mortal Kombat they make, with the same generation characters.

Fujin,Kai,Tanya,Jerek,Reiko, and Shinnok, will all be making appearances.

The Black and Red Dragon Clans will also play a big role in this because Kano never died, and Jerek is along side with him. Mavado and another (hopefully not Hsu Hao) red Dragon will make an appearance in this as well.

With Jax gone, Sonya in vulnerable to the black dragon clan and sadly she will be defeated unless

She reverts Cyrax to his human form, take Kenshi and a few others, and form a new Special Forces. But where is Sektor? This will take some thought with the netherrealm team.

If Kung Lao isnt ressurencted, Kai will take his place in the stand of the Shaolin. Being in this fight to avenge him.

Tanya? We know she's a sneaky that is undercover for Shinnok and Quan Chi. Her role will be well played in this one of course.

Scorpion? Its guaranteed that he will find out that Quan Chi is the true murderer of the Shirai Ryu and will be on the hunt for him.

Reiko- Will take place of Shao Khan in the stand against the Netherrealm.

Mileena- Will try to be the new empress/queen of Outworld AND Edenia, which will cause a battle between her and Tanya, if Kitana isnt ressurected.

Goro and Kintaro and Sheeva was never killed, so the Shokan will take a stand againts the Netherrealm.

I believe Havok will play a role in this as well, although he is from the Chaos realm.

Shujinko will definately play a role in the next game. Not as old but he will play a part in how evertyhing pans out. Raiden will kill him out of anger and protection of Earthrealm

Fujin will play his role as the wind God who comes to help Raiden in this battle.

BY THE WAY! This is Mortal Kombat, but this wont be "Mortal Kombat" as in a tournament, it will be the survival of the realms. Which is Why it should be entitled "Survival Of The Realms" (Mortal Kombat) it is a genius idea because clearly this wont be a tournament like the first 3, it will now be more realistic than just a tournament. It will be another version of Armageddon.

Nice concept and all but I had to stop reading here.

As far as the warriors who died at the hands of Sindel, they have to be ressurected, there can be no Mortal Kombat without SUB ZERO, JAX, KUNG LAO,etc.

Seriously tired with the "NO MK without OG cast" argument. Sure some of them may make it in as playable characters but they need not be involved in the story, it about time MK progressed into something fresh and new.

Seriously tired with the "NO MK without OG cast" argument. Sure some of them may make it in as playable characters but they need not be involved in the story, it about time MK progressed into something fresh and new.

I agree that STORY-wise it should move on, and if it involves some of the OG cast, then fine.
The problem is that NRS usually puts characters in the game (as playable) who have a part in the story.
Historically, with NRS, no character in story = no playable charcter.

(i.e. Liu Kang was killed off and he wasn't playable for that game.)

It's a double-edged sword though, because even though I want the STORY to move on, if Sub-Zero and Liu Kang weren't there it would feel different, and not in a good way.

I don't have to have the WHOLE OG cast, but Liu Kang, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden and Sonya are a must for me.
MK games have done without Kano and Johnny Cage in the past, and it isn't a big deal, but those 5 are the main MUST HAVES for me.