Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

looks great man

I'm wondering how fast this project would have came along had you guys just used real actors shot with digital cameras as references and just photoshopped them to look like the MK characters

thanks bro

and about your question.... that's just impossible cause first we have to find some actors that looked like the originals, willing to do this FOR FREE, ask them to let us take pictures of themself half naked, making all kind of weird positions and besides all that, those actors should be in pretty good shape... and all that FOR FREE, those actors should buy or make their own costume since we don't have a any money to buy costumes and then we have to find at least 5 or 6 photoshop experts willing to WORK FOR FREE adjusting each and every sprite to make the actors look more like the originals..... soooo don't even think about LOL

Yeah, I've said it before, I'll say it again. The artists by themselves do great work already. But the results
wouldn't be as perfect and awesome as they are now, if it wasn't for uKer's sharp eye and attention to detail.
This project officially couldn't do without uKer at this moment!
And arq_hawkin, a delayed congratulation from me on your last few animations for Liu Kang, they look great!

That's quite nice.
The head only needs to be lower, the torso bending more at the height of the diaphragm.
Notice how the ear is even supposed to be lower than the shoulder.

and about your question.... that's just impossible cause first we have to find some actors that looked like the originals, willing to do this FOR FREE, ask them to let us take pictures of themself half naked, making all kind of weird positions and besides all that, those actors should be in pretty good shape... and all that FOR FREE, those actors should buy or make their own costume since we don't have a any money to buy costumes and then we have to find at least 5 or 6 photoshop experts willing to WORK FOR FREE adjusting each and every sprite to make the actors look more like the originals..... soooo don't even think about LOL
Agreed. That's just not viable.
The effort to get professional looking results with that approach would be financially monumental.

uKER isn't at all slowing this project down. Not even slightly. Anyone seeing it that way is ignoring the fact that Bleed took an unofficial break from this (which is why we are seeing other characters posted from MK2/MK3). The thing is, you can't get mad at Bleed. He is arguably our most talented modeler and animator and if he gets bored or annoyed that significantly impacts the project timeline. Not everyone is as focused as Arq is. Don't make uKER out to be the bad guy here. His presence has only improved the quality of this project. If Bleed doesn't like his criticisms and that makes him not want to continue working on this game, that isn't the fault of uKER. Besides, I'm sure Bleed appreciates having a critical eye cast on his work since it only makes him better. What is the point of having everyone kiss your ass all the time telling you how great everything you produce is? uKER keeps us honest. Besides as uKER said, no one is putting a gun to anyone's head.

I know guys sometimes you see all uker's comments as bad or harmful for this project but trust me he is just trying to get the very best out of us modelers, riggers, animatators, which resumes just in two persons, bleed and me but believe me when I say that maybe my liu kang is not the best and most realistic model In the world but the way liu looks now is because of Uker, his critics are 100% spot on, this critics might slow down a bit the progress but I try to have one animation every week, and I know that if it wouldn't be because of Uker maybe liu kang would be done already but trust me, I wouldnt be as proud of that model as I am now, so let's just be patiance and please don't start saying meaningful things now, we all here have the same goal and it's to see this project finished in a near future, I'm doing my best to make this dream come true and I won't slow down if god will, as soon as I finish liu I will start with goro, the updates on goro you saw was because I was rendering liu's sprites and working on goro at the same time, so just be patiance, this project will be done soon, sonner than you think.

Regards

If anything I've learned on the internet is that you can't allow yourself to be affected by randoms.
If it was "recognizable" people that said I'm doing things wrong, I would care, but single-post accounts? Naaah.
Thanks for your comments though.
A little reassurance is always welcome.

Same goes to arq. I'm proud for him, and I'm glad I've "put my grain of sand" (spanish idiom, sorry :) ) by pushing him to improve like he has.

Last edited:
Arq is kicking butt with all the updates for sure. Keep it rolling Arq. I can't wait for you to finish Liu and start on Goro animations.

If anything I've learned on the internet is that you can't allow yourself to be affected by randoms.
If it was "recognizable" people that said I'm doing things wrong, I would care, but single-post accounts? Naaah.
Thanks for your comments though.
A little reassurance is always welcome.

You disappoint me, uKer... Oh, well, I guess it's easier to hear a subjective praise than an objective criticism. You refuse to recognize a constructive critique and by all means a sound advice just because it's coming from someone unknown?! Yet you expect everyone to take your criticism seriously... Dude, you're either being a hypocrite or you just haven't thought this through.

uKER isn't at all slowing this project down. Not even slightly. Anyone seeing it that way is ignoring the fact that Bleed took an unofficial break from this (which is why we are seeing other characters posted from MK2/MK3). The thing is, you can't get mad at Bleed.

Let me brush upon this matter by attempting to quote Bleed himself (and if someone doubts these are his words, feel free to scroll back or ask him personally)... 'If I stick with one thing for too long, I'll end up bored with it and would never get it done' (Bleed on modeling the chars). So there, we have Bleed doing a great job and, all of the sudden, there's uKer with the approval of the rest of the team to nitpick at everything Bleed (and everyone else for that matter) does thus making Bleed spend twice as much time correcting something that basically didn't need correction in a first place (like it was the case with Raiden's intro). Of course the main man got annoyed and left!

Don't make uKER out to be the bad guy here. His presence has only improved the quality of this project.

No one is making him a bad guy. Yes, he may have slightly improved the overall quality of the project, but at the cost of productivity to the extent that in a year time almost nothing got done and that is just not how you conduct a project regardless whether you do it professionally or out of hobby. I'm sorry, but encouraging uKer to constantly slow things down like this constitutes as undermining your own work.

in my opinion, I think Uker essential in the project, he only wants perfection as we all want, he helped a lot of things so far, not all observers here are like him.

uKer strives towards perfection - Okay, I agree 100%, but this is not the way to do it! You achieve 'perfection' through revisions of the game - ver. 1.0; 1.1; 1.2 and so on. Like the original game. The final version is supposed to be the closest thing to perfect, but to get there, you need a template, and a template (AKA this project) will never be finished if every pixel is constantly being evaluated. This jump kick of Liu Kang is a great example of that: uKer complains about the head, the diaphragm, the ear?!? Dude, the animation is nice, the motion is fluent and the move itself is faithful to the original one. It's not a carbon copy of the original, but it's faithful nevertheless. Any extra touch it might require should be left for the future versions (which are, judging by Cal, planned for the future).

Now, I know that all this seems a bit harsh, but believe me, I just want what's best for this project. In fact, I'm one of those who would gladly pay to see this finished and would therefore be very disappointed to see this great idea come to a halt over a trivial matter such as splitting hairs. I see many WOWs and congrats in these posts, which is great and all, but obviously these praises won't do the trick (bearing in mind how little is done over the past year), so I took the liberty of boldly stating what's IMO wrong with the approach. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but if you really think about everything I said (without holding a grudge against me for being honest and direct) you'll see that I stated nothing but undeniable facts and did it all for the good of the project.

You disappoint me, uKer... Oh, well, I guess it's easier to hear a subjective praise than an objective criticism. You refuse to recognize a constructive critique and by all means a sound advice just because it's coming from someone unknown?! Yet you expect everyone to take your criticism seriously... Dude, you're either being a hypocrite or you just haven't thought this through.

Let me brush upon this matter by attempting to quote Bleed himself (and if someone doubts these are his words, feel free to scroll back or ask him personally)... 'If I stick with one thing for too long, I'll end up bored with it and would never get it done' (Bleed on modeling the chars). So there, we have Bleed doing a great job and, all of the sudden, there's uKer with the approval of the rest of the team to nitpick at everything Bleed (and everyone else for that matter) does thus making Bleed spend twice as much time correcting something that basically didn't need correction in a first place (like it was the case with Raiden's intro). Of course the main man got annoyed and left!

No one is making him a bad guy. Yes, he may have slightly improved the overall quality of the project, but at the cost of productivity to the extent that in a year time almost nothing got done and that is just not how you conduct a project regardless whether you do it professionally or out of hobby. I'm sorry, but encouraging uKer to constantly slow things down like this constitutes as undermining your own work.

uKer strives towards perfection - Okay, I agree 100%, but this is not the way to do it! You achieve 'perfection' through revisions of the game - ver. 1.0; 1.1; 1.2 and so on. Like the original game. The final version is supposed to be the closest thing to perfect, but to get there, you need a template, and a template (AKA this project) will never be finished if every pixel is constantly being evaluated. This jump kick of Liu Kang is a great example of that: uKer complains about the head, the diaphragm, the ear?!? Dude, the animation is nice, the motion is fluent and the move itself is faithful to the original one. It's not a carbon copy of the original, but it's faithful nevertheless. Any extra touch it might require should be left for the future versions (which are, judging by Cal, planned for the future).

Now, I know that all this seems a bit harsh, but believe me, I just want what's best for this project. In fact, I'm one of those who would gladly pay to see this finished and would therefore be very disappointed to see this great idea come to a halt over a trivial matter such as splitting hairs. I see many WOWs and congrats in these posts, which is great and all, but obviously these praises won't do the trick (bearing in mind how little is done over the past year), so I took the liberty of boldly stating what's IMO wrong with the approach. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but if you really think about everything I said (without holding a grudge against me for being honest and direct) you'll see that I stated nothing but undeniable facts and did it all for the good of the project.

I agree with you trico, Once I was sooooo mad at uker cause I felt he was just looking for mistakes where everyone didn't see a thing, you can scroll back some pages and you realize I was soooo mad, even uker knows that, but if you realize the number of critics he did to my job for instance has been lower and lower with every update, not because uker is not willing to talk but because I'm trying a little bit harder to make everything as nice as possible, and you can see that MY updates are more frecuent than never before, because I'm willing to finish liu kang this year, AND I WILL.

I understand how you feel bro, trust me, I remember back than, uker's comments were bigger than your last post with it's quotes, just telling me all the things that needed to be fixed but now days you see that uker just makes one or two comments because I've learned much more every update I make, but maybe you feel this way because you haven't seen an update on raiden or cage in a few months but just be patient, when the time comes you'll see them, I'm pretty sure Bleed will be back working on cage but at this moment Bleed is making some personal stuffs and he will be back soon..

keep on being like this, but overall.... be patient bro..

talking about other things, I already started a new animation, I don't think I will have time to post it tomorrow cause I'm taking the rest of the week off, I'm going to my parents house but I'll be back on monday

Once I was sooooo mad at uker cause I felt he was just looking for mistakes where everyone didn't see a thing, you can scroll back some pages and you realize I was soooo mad, even uker knows that
I actually didn't know that. I kinda guessed you had to be frustrated about it, and I did worry about pushing you too far (I mentioned it to calactyte a couple of times) but at the same time I couldn't allow myself to not keep pushing you.
I have apologized about making you feel bad before, and I apologize again for it, but what I get out of it is that you persevered and followed through, and I do think it was totally worth it.

but if you realize the number of critics he did to my job for instance has been lower and lower with every update, not because uker is not willing to talk but because I'm trying a little bit harder to make everything as nice as possible, and you can see that MY updates are more frecuent than never before, because I'm willing to finish liu kang this year, AND I WILL.
I'd say I see you finishing it no more than six months from now.
There's not much else to be done, and at the rate you've been putting things out...

I understand how you feel bro, trust me, I remember back than, uker's comments were bigger than your last post with it's quotes, just telling me all the things that needed to be fixed but now days you see that uker just makes one or two comments because I've learned much more every update I make
That's the whole point of it.
BTW, to keep things alive, I'll let you know that I've been recently having some similar exchanges with Cris Berserk, who contacted me to provide input to the process of getting his Sonya into shape.
I'll just say that, but I'll let him keep you posted about the details.

I actually didn't know that. I kinda guessed you had to be frustrated about it, and I did worry about pushing you too far (I mentioned it to calactyte a couple of times) but at the same time I couldn't allow myself to not keep pushing you.
I have apologized about making you feel bad before, and I apologize again for it, but what I get out of it is that you persevered and followed through, and I do think it was totally worth it.

I'd say I see you finishing it no more than six months from now.
There's not much else to be done, and at the rate you've been putting things out...

That's the whole point of it.
BTW, to keep things alive, I'll let you know that I've been recently having some similar exchanges with Cris Berserk, who contacted me to provide input to the process of getting his Sonya into shape.
I'll just say that, but I'll let him keep you posted about the details.

that is great bro, I know that soon sonya will be looking great, I did noticed a big improvement in the last Update from cris, lighting, face and fabric looked really good compared to previous updates.. I don't know if you helped him there but I noticed it..

I'm pretty sure he can deliver a sonya model as good as the existing models, cause his sonya looks wey much better than my first version of liu LOL, so KEEP ON CRIS, GET THAT MODEL DONE BRO

YOU KNOW UKER YOU WERE KILLING ME, HAHAH I mean... I was getting ready to go to monte video and hunt you down, I was gonna cut your head off, but now you are my pal, so no hard feelings.. I was blinded before and you gave me the red pill:)

YOU KNOW UKER YOU WERE KILLING ME, HAHAH I mean... I was getting ready to go to monte video and hunt you down, I was gonna cut your head off, but now you are my pal, so no hard feelings.. I was blinded before and you gave me the red pill:)
Now I'm scared that you're just pretending and your invitation for me to go to Dominican Republic was just an attempt to murder me.

Conspiracy_Foiled.jpg

The game was truly a disaster. I remember that some characters have different scale that others, I.E. Scorpion is small.
Also some characters size Up when start to make Kombos. lol!

unnamed.jpg

Check scorpion size, and may we call him mr. short legs!?

Last edited:
Yeah, and the game dynamics are shittier than some noobish Mugen ports.
Makes SNES MK1 look like a masterpiece.