Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Mortal Gojira

The things that pop out to me immediately are the silhouette of the hair from the front, and his eyes. The eyes look too big to me, and I think where his hair is parted dips down too low. I'll set up a comparison for it to show what I mean better. And quite honestly, his face could use more work, which is my fault. His eyebrows may be too thick, as well.

Mortal Gojira

Here is my mock up. Definitely wait for others to chime in. I may be wrong about the eyes and eyebrows, but there is definitely a sort of intensity to them I think needs to be toned down:

vtwo.jpg

Last edited:

arq_hawkin

Here is my mock up. Definitely wait for others to chime in. I may be wrong about the eyes and eyebrows, but there is definitely a sort of intensity to them I think needs to be toned down:

View attachment 4908

Thank you gojira, I will fix it, I realized about the hair but since I'm working on liu kang in my job in my lunch hour I couldn't fix it and cal asked me for some head close ups so I just opened 3dmax and hitted render, tomorrow I'll fix it and if bleed comments will be great to that way I can fix what he says at the same time

interloko

Today I was working on Courtyard. Right now I have all ready to add the monks animations and reaction when the round ends.
courtyard.jpg

In arcade there are various layers but basicly there are 2 groups moving at diferent speed.
If you agree I'll group them in just 2 layers. Also I'll reduce the number of sprites.
Expect an update tomorrow night, all this little things are taking time

Edit:
Created Temp folder and I've placed the 2 Throne Room Shang animations (I can't upload it here)
Let me know if looks fine

Bleed

I think Liu Kang's skin is too tan, his eyes are big and too white.

None of the models are looking real yet, I hope we can reach that level at some point with all this practice.

calactyte

keep it up Interloko. I think if you can reduce the number of repeated sprites it will benefit slower processors and generally mean smoother gameplay. I can't wait to see your updated version at the end of this month.

Today I was working on Courtyard. Right now I have all ready to add the monks animations and reaction when the round ends.
View attachment 4909

In arcade there are various layers but basicly there are 2 groups moving at diferent speed.
If you agree I'll group them in just 2 layers. Also I'll reduce the number of sprites.
Expect an update tomorrow night, all this little things are taking time

Edit:
Created Temp folder and I've placed the 2 Throne Room Shang animations (I can't upload it here)
Let me know if looks fine

MrMos3s

Here's what I got...

click image for best size and quality
Kano_Sample.jpg

And I think I like cal's background (shown in pre and post-edits above) the most now, but here's an animated gif to compare the two...
6sav80.gif

Spent way more time on this today than I should have so if there will be changes they will probably have to wait until this weekend or possibly longer.

Last edited:

calactyte

I'd call this done. MrMos3s your talent is incredible; thanks so much for your hard work. I agree that it looks closer with the brick wall I provided.

Coop NPB

I've heard about this project through "On Blast Show" and I've seen the past Working progress you all been doing on this and I have to say This is Truly AMAZING. You all are doing a fantastic job each and everyone of you. This is my first time posting on this forum and I'm new LOL. You all have my support

vellrrarth

Here's what I got...

click image for best size and quality
View attachment 4911

And I think I like cal's background (shown in pre and post-edits above) the most now, but here's an animated gif to compare the two...
6sav80.gif

Spent way more time on this today than I should have so if there will be changes they will probably have to wait until this weekend or possibly longer.
Just Perfect! the ninjas are easy to do the photo, but non masked are tru hard to make it look like the original, but u gis did it very well, it's perfect, no diference, congrat's for the amazing work

Mortal Gojira

Very nice MrMos3s. Cal's background does fits the picture better. Very cool. But I still think I made his teeth too small. I'm actually going to put in the dropbox a better sized version of his teeth, so you can just lay it over the image.

I'm still so confused about that beard, man. Even in the endings, one of them looks like he's all scruffy and the other he looks clean shaven. What the hell, Kano?

Last edited: