Mortal Kombat Freezing WHOLE SYSTEM (PS3)

vRuh

This only happens if I'm signed in.
Offline play only works, If I make an attempt to play online
my whole console freezes and I have to manually reset it.
Help? How to fix this issue?

Enter ABACABB at the 5th screen after you load the game, then at the main menu, put in DULLARD! Do that, and POOF! Your problems will be solved!

The only times I had problems with freezing is if I had something downloading while I was trying to play MK. Did you have something streaming or set to download?

It froze on me several times playing or not playing MK last week almost in a row.

I have reason to believe that your case in particular may be a YLOD, or a blinking red light waiting to happen. I know this because I experienced a similar thing before I got the blinking red light. And whatever you do, do NOT send your console to Sony. Get it fixed by a reputable third party repair shop. All Sony will do is charge you in the neighborhood of $200 PLUS shipping and handling, take 4-6 weeks to repair it, and then delete ALL of your saved data from your hard drive. I know this because this is exactly what happened to my cousin.

Now my PS3 just wont connect to PSN man.
This sucks.

Go back to Internet Connection settings and re-check your connection. This has happened to me once before, and when I did that, my internet started working again.

And as for the MK9 freezing, I bypassed it by leaving open my main menu icon on while it was loading past the part scorpion punches sub in the face.

this only happens once in a while with MK9 for me. So I think it's just the game that's having problems.

It goes away after a while usually.

@tarkatantrash: Ok thank you for the warning. It's my cousin's PS3 so I'll let him know if it happens. It's not worth to pay $200 when you can probably get a whole console for the same amount of price. It mostly happened while waiting for the PS store to load. It's fine now though.

The PS3 version of MK has ALOT of issues, this being one of them. Even when I am not doing online, the game will freeze sometimes often. The slowdonws are horrible(X-Rays, fatalities), this version needed much more optimization. Hopefully the PS3 version of Injustice will be more optimized and not have as many issues... One can only hope -_-

yeah, I use to have zero problems with MK9 online ps3.

it's only within the last couple months that all these problems started happening.

and it's only MK9.