Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Kind of hoping that DLC *leak* isn’t real, there’s a few that I like.. I’m 50/50.

Holy shit!
How's everything going TaBB?
Sorry if it's a bit off topic?

As for the DLC "leak":
Spoiler:
I don't think there ever really was a huge push to have Sheeva in as DLC, but people were asking for Sindel a lot during MKX.

Is anyone else having issues joining KOTH matches?? The online is getting so much praise about the net code... but when I try to join koth in the rooms it almost always says failed to connect or doesn’t connect at all. And when I’m in the menu and try to go straight to KOTH it searches forever... this online is extremely boring because it seems like the 1 on 1 is all that works

Holy shit!

As for the DLC "leak":
Spoiler:
I don't think there ever really was a huge push to have Sheeva in as DLC, but people were asking for Sindel a lot during MKX.
Hey man, been awhile lol! I’m good, I’m an E-6 in the Navy now and I’m in Maryland. Been loving MK11 so far.
Hey guys, I'm not getting the game until all the DLCs come out, and that's why I have a question for you that bothers me a little. Are the characters' skins connected to variations? For example can I play all the variations with both revenant and young Liu Kang? Or choose every variation while playing as storymode-unmasked Scorpion? Or to avoid this ridiculous Skarlet's default skin?

Not at all, skins are not tied to variations. You can create custom move sets to skins and gear, the possibilities are insane. I would recommend picking up the game now, I never really play the DLC characters anyways, but that’s just me.

Thanks for reply! At least this is a good news among some other cons.

For MKX I waited for XL and I am considering the same now, although I don't want guests, so I guess I'll just wait for announcement of complete edition and then will grab my copy with buying MK DLC fighters. Getting the game now feels for me "incomplete" because of DLC (screw the "modern" gaming industry!). I don't mind waiting a little bit longer and in the meantime enjoying other stuff.

Moreover, playing online is not my thing at all and I already saw that for example Erron's story mode skin is available through Towers of Time and some other skins can be acquired in Krypt which also is reachable only online... That really sux! Oh well.

Last edited:
After Completing the full game this morning, I can whole heartedly say this is the absolute best MK Story in the current trilogy and the second best story in the entire series right below Deception.

I'll get the cons out of the way since they're easier to point out. One is the major flaw I stated 2 pages ago, but thankfully that was the only one. They really have left far too much stuff out of the story in terms of characters who should be there. While I'm glad they actually addressed the fates of every character I wondered about, truth be told a lot of the reasonings were crappy. And while people question how Frost could defeat Fujin, you all must have forgotten that only she and Subzero truly stand a chance against gods like Fujin as stated in MKMSZ due to their mastery of cryomancy. They really shouldn't restricted these important pieces of information to intro dialogues. Even a lengthy text-based synopsis in the Kollection of everything that happened between MKX and MK11 would've worked fine, but not in intro dialogue that most people might skip. I'm not counting anything from the krypt as canon due to the fact that every death there conflicts with the actual story of all three games so I'm not worrying about that. The ending portion of the game was great, but I really feel they should cut everything but the Cetrion and Kronika fight out of it and just end the fight with the revenants through the cutscene. As for scorpion's death, I felt somewhat emotional not gonna lie. After the honeymoon period for that I remembered something that makes no sense for the writer of the MKX comic to forget: Hanzo died in the comics and came back to life due to Scorpion. He is should in the actual cutscene during his fight with scorpion that he still has his powers. So why couldn't he just come back to life after a while instead of it being just Scorpion from the past taking over? The ending was also kinda flat. I liked that they had a bad ending, but they could've done better with the other two endings. So far, MK9 definitely has the best ending in the series with Shaolin Monks having the second best ending. The last issue is that, as with MKX, there are many portions of the story that could've been tag or handicap fights, yet they still refuse to bring those back.

The pros, they reused characters for other chapters. Specifically:
Spoiler:
Lui Kang and Scorpion.

They reduce the number of Jobbers to 3 (Geras, Kabal, and Noob Saibot) and gave others an actual role. Most would argue that Erron Black, the Kollector, and Frost were jobbers in this game, but they actually have roles and motivations that are important to the story outside of just being someone to fight. In detail:
Spoiler:
The Kollector was an irrelevant new character who was set to be executed upon his first appearance. However, as you progressed through the story, so did he as Shao Kahn actually gave him a real purpose and acknowledged his existence, all the while we don't even know his name.

Erron Black was comic book Erron Black. MKX portrayed him as solely an ally of Kotal Kahn whereas the comics portrayed him solely as a bounty hunter. It's repeated over and over before fighting him that his current self was a heroes fighting beside Kotal Kahn, but in reality this was never the case and was only implied in the games. He is also responsible for Johnny Cage not being at the final battle.

Frost became somewhat of a leader in this game, but not really. When Sektor malfunctioned, she replaced him as being the one in controll of all the cyborgs. She did get the same offer she had in Deadly Alliance, except she got it from Kronika instead of Raiden. It makes sense for her to be pissed with him as he was the one who encouraged her to Join the Lin Kuei during this timeline. However, Raiden never acknowledged her as a great fighter and never brought her to help with anything that occurred since the comics.

As stated before, they actually address EVERYTHING, including the fact that Cassie beat Shinnok. The brag about how someone like Cassie was able to defeat Shinnok, but they also acknowledge the fact that without the Halo power a**pull she never would've beaten him, thus removing all questions about how strong she is as the halo only seems to work on gods and only under certain conditions. Hell, even Lui Kang needed an a**pull to beat Kronika, though that was much more believable to an extent.
The absolute greatest part of the story mode was Raiden's chapter. Not gonna even go on an extended explanation of it. I absolutely loved it from the story, to the characters, to the pacing. And the transition from chapter 10 to chapter 11 was seamless. The way the shot the plot twist reminded me a lot of the fight between Kakashi and Obito and the final fight between Sasuke and Naruto where they paralleled the action between the past and present.

Overall, this story mode will be replayed sometime in the near future because I loved it that much.

I really have to wonder how come they replaced so many of the VAs. The only characters that had the same VAs from MKX were Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage, Raiden, Kotal Kahn and D'Vorah. I know about the VA strike a few years ago(which ended up affecting Injustice 2), but that ended in 2017.

The DLC data mine is real because the person who found it did post a tutorial on how to find it and everyone found the same files. There is way too much coding for it to be fake.

I’m not 100% convinced, that and I just like to play devils advocate. I saw a few things online with the current vanilla roster and (no spoilers) it wasn’t true.

Aside from that, I watched today’s kombat kast and MAN! They really fixed the towers of time with that hot fix. Also we’re all going to get like 50,000 gold, 500(?) hearts and some souls just for being patient with the adjustments coming out. Pretty sweet. Side note, I saw Patrick got a shoutout from Ed Boon on Twitter haha.

I really have to wonder how come they replaced so many of the VAs. The only characters that had the same VAs from MKX were Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage, Raiden, Kotal Kahn and D'Vorah. I know about the VA strike a few years ago(which ended up affecting Injustice 2), but that ended in 2017.

I wonder the exact same thing. But I can say, they did a perfect job choosing the voice actor for Lui Kang. They better not change him in future games.

Holy shit!

As for the DLC "leak":
Spoiler:

NRS did add some NPC characters from the story mode in MKX as DLC like Bo Rai Cho and Tanya. So someone like Sheeva is pretty much given as DLC in MK11.

The story had so much potential, and just disappointed me.

I wanted to see more of Dark Raiden. I was hoping they'd explore with him throughout the story with Revenant Liu Kang being a major antagonist.

Instead, we get another reboot when it feels like the story of the first reboot was incomplete. Sonya's death disappointed me, as I loved her scenes with Johnny. Hanzo's death made me sad, and I was hoping they'd stick with Hanzo.

Were the past eight years for nothing? We waited four years for them to scrap a reboot with another reboot?

I don't like reboots, but I wanted them to finish this one rather than abruptly end it.

Is anyone else having issues joining KOTH matches?? The online is getting so much praise about the net code... but when I try to join koth in the rooms it almost always says failed to connect or doesn’t connect at all. And when I’m in the menu and try to go straight to KOTH it searches forever... this online is extremely boring because it seems like the 1 on 1 is all that works

I have a xb1x and for me the problem I had is the same prob I had with the beta were it won’t connect to the server all I did was launch another game real quick and then launch mk11 agin and it fixes the prob every time if that helps anyone

Alright guys I don’t want to make a thread but I can’t find any info out there for this. I posted it in the just talk part 3 thread but can anyone discuss these loading screen hints? “Blocking is the key” “look to la luna” “perfection is key”.. this has to be a call back to MKI/II and I don’t think it’s NRS trolling. There’s gotta be a klassic fight in MK11, but which stage? There’s no pit stage. I’m trying the wu shi academy in practice now. I’m thinking it’s the old requirements, just have to find a stage that has the moon in the background.

Well if it's true, it wouldn't be much of surprise now since it's been leaked. Lol. Unless someone doesn't follow the game very closely.

Less people are probably aware of these leaks to then you would think. I feel like the casual fans will probably freak out seeing The Joker in the game since Ed Boon has said that DC does want their characters to be in an M rated MK game. I guess that rule is only for the superheroes like Batman and Superman. Villains and anti-heroes should be fair game.

Less people are probably aware of these leaks to then you would think. I feel like the casual fans will probably freak out seeing The Joker in the game since Ed Boon has said that DC does want their characters to be in an M rated MK game. I guess that rule is only for the superheroes like Batman and Superman. Villains and anti-heroes should be fair game.

Didn't you already respond to that post I made beforehand?

Did anyone found the hidden room where a reptile (MK movie reference) statue is in the middle and if you enter MKX Reptile appears? It is in the Krypt in Goro's Lair. I can give you guys the location, but you need a skeleton key and Kenshi's headband.

Finished the story last night, LOVED IT! I don't get any of the complaints. They did a much better job with the voice acting this time around, RR was the only one that wasn't that great but she was decent for a good portion of it. The expressions on the characters faces were so realistic. I hope when the PS5/Xbox next launch that we can get a port with the higher res models from the cinematics and have the animated elements in the backgrounds run at the same framerate as the rest of the game.

Yeah story mode is dope. Ok, so after going through all the stages, the only one where I can see a moon is the last stage of kronika’s hourglass. I’m guessing triple flawless, with no blocking and only if something flies in front of the moon... I’m going to be trying this

I guess there's always the Klassic Towers and rewards to play for now. I feel picking up from MKX had so much potential in story mode. Netherrealm dropped the ball, in my opinion. I have enjoyed the non-story mode parts so far.

NRS did add some NPC characters from the story mode in MKX as DLC like Bo Rai Cho and Tanya. So someone like Sheeva is pretty much given as DLC in MK11.

Sheeva's NOT a given, though.
It's not that black and white when Sindel and Baraka were also NPC characters in MKX (and more highly requested), and yet nowhere to be found as DLC.
And, again, Bo Rai Cho and Tanya were also requested by folks on Twitter and other social media.
Not as much as Baraka, Fujin, Reiko, Sindel, Noob, Jade and Rain for DLC, but yeah, there sure as hell were requests for them.

Whereas with Sheeva, I haven't found anyone really asking for her to be in.