Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Ok, so trailer was pretty cool, but I've been pointing something since the others, and it seems I'll have to do it again:

Have you guys noticed that Dark Raiden is almost absent from every trailer and is completely absent from relevant scenes?

Once again, putting past versions against present, there's absolutely no Raiden. Story trailer? He only appeared in scenes we already seen him: torturing Shinnok/Netherrealm attack/planning the attack/in the desert. There is absolutely no other scene where he appears, while the Light Raiden appears everytime.

Do you think they are hiding something like with Sub-Zero (seems like they really are to avoid spoilers) or maybe...maybe my boy will be killed very soon :c. Not that I dislike Light Raiden, as Raiden is Raiden, but I was really hoping to see his dark persona shine this time.

I highly doubt Light Raiden would be working with him peacefully too.

Liu Kang looks so amazing in his MKII/MK3 outfit.

I'm so glad he's back, I do hope he's not an a-hole this time.

And didn't notice his outfit with that white shirt was actually just a shirt on top of his MKII/MK3 outfit.

Ok, so trailer was pretty cool, but I've been pointing something since the others, and it seems I'll have to do it again:

Have you guys noticed that Dark Raiden is almost absent from every trailer and is completely absent from relevant scenes?

I've been getting MKX Shinnok story mode vibes from Dark Raiden in MK11. Dark Raiden will probably only appear for 2 chapters of the game.

I dont care what anyone says hip hop and MK fit like peanut butter and jelly

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Rock person here. I think reveal trailer was pretty BS, didn't like the song.

All the others I think fit pretty cool. This last one, alternating songs depending on generations, cool idea.

I've been getting MKX Shinnok story mode vibes from Dark Raiden in MK11. Dark Raiden will probably only appear for 2 chapters of the game.

I would hope not, but I think MKII Raiden will be the main Raiden.

Once again, absolutely nothing against Light Raiden - on the contrary - but I loved this new Dark Raiden concept.

What if Kronika kills present Raiden? Lol, he cut Shinnok's head to make a statement, imagine if she kills him. The GOD who defeated an ELDER GOD. Of death. That would probably say she means business. I'd be sad, but I will kick her ass with much more will.

Liu Kang looks so amazing in his MKII/MK3 outfit.

I'm so glad he's back, I do hope he's not an a-hole this time.

And didn't notice his outfit with that white shirt was actually just a shirt on top of his MKII/MK3 outfit.

Also, silly me. MKII Raiden also only has a raincoat above his MKI robes. They kinda went MKII design.

I doubt Dark Raiden is going to be brushed away that quickly, we've really only seen bits and pieces of story so I don't think we can really point out anyone's lack of screentime till we see the whole thing for ourselves.

And with Jax, while he did get over some of his trauma in X, I doubt he is still okay with it, perhaps Kronika's promise of a brighter timeline lead him to join. It's also worth noting that Jax apparently is suffering some mental issues due to his trauma and age, as mentioned by Jacqui.

I dont care what anyone says hip hop and MK fit like peanut butter and jelly

That's cause MK is now made for different kind of people. Try playing hip hop in this

Not gonna happen. But I guess it fits for new gen of people. Now it is all about following trends and popular references. Add guest DLC's that take characters from other movies and you get a MTV Celebrity Deathmatch type of game.

Hence why I realized that investing myself deep into the Lore of MK is a waste of time at this point. Here is a Hollywood style story mode, some villains we made up on a go(they admitted that in Behind the Scenes video) and cool stuff for new gen to relate to.

Older gen like myself or Xenon who got used to a more serious, and traditional style of Mortal Kombat, that put more emphasis on Martial Arts, just can't connect to this all fancy tech, guns and blind action flick.

Not saying that MK got worse because of that. They just simply dropped the old design completely and decided to go for something entirely different. And this trailer showed it to me clearly. One era is over and here comes the new one.

Though cinematic trailer still sucked (at least edit that "song" properly)

Last edited:
Hanzo Hasashi being Mortal Kombat never changes.

He never was Mortal Kombat. He was part of it. Just cause Ed Boon and marketing boys, want their easy to use mascot, doesn't change the fact, that Mortal Kombat was made up from multiple characters.

And no this song doesn't fit MK11.

Would have fit the older ones.

Tarkatan time for you, like me to realize. It ain't your old MK. They are selling this game now to a new audience.

24dmsft.jpg

Fresh wound on young Johnny shown to add scar to old Johnny. Their way of establishing that whatever happens to their younger selves, happens to them

Pretty sure more than just 16 year olds like rap music. I loved its use in the trailer.

Well I definitely didn't say that EVERYONE from old gen, can't connect. You like it? That's cool. But I am talking about the side that wanted to see the darker, traditional MK expand into new horizons. The rock, the metal, martial arts and ancient mythology. Why do you think Johnny Cage looked like a joke back then? It wasn't just his lack of personality. He was a dude who came from the modern world and was sticking out like a sore thumb, in a world of ancient sorcerers and traditional martial artists. Now it is the exact opposite.

Martial arts are now gone (only flashy moves left). Johnny Cage is in the center of the attention. He now doesn't seem off. The world matches his style. And everything is modernized. Even the Goddess of Time is looking like an android.

So people like you are fine with that, new gen only knows this and others like me just... can't connect. Cause I was thinking why this game was irking me so much. It just overall theme is boring for me. I am actually glad for this trailer. Put my mind to rest.

While I will try MK11 (mostly to see how the port will work), I can already see that aside few matches and trophies I won't be sticking to it.

My conclusion is... MK11 isn't a bad game. It is building up to be a great game for a lot of people, if I put aside my preferences.

It just... it ain't the MK I grew up with, and this is not the future I wanted to see. Hence why I was so pissed at first. I waited years for MK game, and didn't get it. I wanted to Deception in new style (Cause I missed out Deception, back in my childhood), but... got this instead. Which explains why I boiled so much. But now I understand. Times change, creators decided to go to a different area, and I should stop expecting anything.

Now I can ascend in peace.

meditation_light.jpg

Last edited:
Well I definitely didn't say that EVERYONE from old gen, can't connect. You like it? That's cool. But I am talking about the side that wanted to see the darker, traditional MK expand into new horizons. The rock, the metal, martial arts and ancient mythology. Why do you think Johnny Cage looked like a joke back then? It wasn't just his lack of personality. He was a dude who came from the modern world and was sticking out like a sore thumb, in a world of ancient sorcerers and traditional martial artists. Now it is the exact opposite.

Martial arts are now gone (only flashy moves left). Johnny Cage is in the center of the attention. He now doesn't seem off. The world matches his style. And everything is modernized. Even the Goddess of Time is looking like an android.

So people like you are fine with that, new gen only knows this and others like me just... can't connect. Cause I was thinking why this game was irking me so much. It just overall theme is boring for me. I am actually glad for this trailer. Put my mind to rest.

While I will try MK11 (mostly to see how the port will work), I can already see that aside few matches and trophies I won't be sticking to it.

My conclusion is... MK11 isn't a bad game. It is building up to be a great game for a lot of people, if I put aside my preferences.

It just... it ain't the MK I grew up with, and this is not the future I wanted to see. Hence why I was so pissed at first. I waited years for MK game, and didn't get it. I wanted to Deception in new style (Cause I missed out Deception, back in my childhood), but... got this instead. Which explains why I boiled so much. But now I understand. Times change, creators decided to go to a different area, and I should stop expecting anything.

Now I can ascend in peace.

View attachment 9885
What are you talking about there are tons of martial arts, Jax was doing boxing, Johnny was kickboxing( a mix between Muay Thai/Taekwondo) and Cassie was doing more MMA grappling

What are you talking about there are tons of martial arts, Jax was doing boxing, Johnny was kickboxing( a mix between Muay Thai/Taekwondo) and Cassie was doing more MMA grappling

Good one, mate.

Poor jokes aside. I think you mixed "Martial Arts" with "gimmicks".

"Jax was doing boxing"

I don't think you know how boxing looks like. Just cause someone puts their arms up, and punches you in the face, it does not mean, that that person is a boxer or is boxing. Boxing isn't just just guarding and punching. There is a specific footwork just for the boxer, there are dodges, there are counters, the are specific DASHES.

Just because Jax uses couple of moves, that look like boxing, doesn't mean he is actually a boxer. And last time I checked, boxers don't grab their opponents.

You wanna see how you design a character with boxing in mind?

That's how.

Also, Johnny is doing anything, but kickboxing. Same as Jacqui (whose kicking animation made me and Xenon burst out in tears. Entire body frozen and only a leg is moving. Come on.). I do kickboxing in a club near me. What Jacqui and Johnny are doing are just gimmicks. NOT Kickboxing.

Same with Cassie or any other character. They have couple of moves, that are used to claim "this character is a martial artist, yada yada". And they only use flashy moves. So no. There are no martial arts in MK11.

But the things is, I am not saying that MK11 sucks, cause it doesn't have martial arts. I am just asking not to insult actual martial arts, by calling whatever these characters are doing, as martial arts.

The only time. THE ONLY TIME, when Mortal Kombat had used ACTUAL Martial Arts, was in 3D Era. Characters actually both used the moves and stances from the real life martials arts. Shorin Ryu, Hapkido, Mi Tzu, Sumo, FanZi. Holy shit. Liu Kang was using Ju Fan. The style of Bruce Lee.

MK9 didn't have martials arts in them, just gimmicks. Nor MKX. And MK11 is completely obvious. Like I said. It doesn't make the game bad, cause they don't use them anymore. I wished to see them, but... PoP Culture man. Point is, don't tell me that THAT is Martial Arts, cause it is not. It would be an insult to martial arts. ESPECIALLY with the current animations during the MK11 gameplay.