Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Hopefully they don't make it too much SF focused like they did in X. I don't really have an issue with Jacqui, won't be playing as her anyways. My biggest problem with her in MKX was her character model, it just was so many levels of fcked up. The giraffe neck was legendary, and those chopstick arms that somehow could stop Torr's punches. Looked very silly. :lol:

I mean, if you put it like that anything can be made to look silly.
I seriously doubt that Catwoman, Joker and Harley Quinn would last more than 2.5 seconds before either Superman, SuperGirl or Wonder Woman's fist completely decapitated the former 3 or shattered their skull with 1 blow, but there they are in Injustice 2 being able to fight each other.
It's a fighting game, at the end of the day, so I'm able to suspend belief for things like that.
Any human fighter would be pulverized by multiple bolts of lightning from Raiden, let alone stand in a fight against him.

Yeah but that's Injustice, MK is supposed to be "realistic". Jacqui apparently was training under Jax who looks like a fken tank, punching as hard as him, and yet there's no visible difference between her and the rest of the females. She honestly looked like somebody who never worked out. If she would be using some hydraulics that would be fine, but nope it's just her twig arms.

Sorry, but there is nothing you could do outside of reinventing the character entirely that would make Jacqui interesting. She has already been pigeonholed as a boring SF trilogy character descendant. One of the most uninspired characters in the series history. If you have to reinvent the character entirely to make it interesting, you might as well just make a new character.

Come on.
MK being "realistic?"
4-armed monsters, sorcerers, reptilian creatures, gods, demons, supernatural speed beings, wraiths, ice warriors and creatures from other worlds / realms is realistic?

Hey it's not me saying that, I always thought it was ridiculous. You have bunch of people screaming that MK is "realistic", and also the MKX developers said so too at one point. Even if we take out that stupid cop-out, Jacqui should be visibily different than the rest. It just fits with her background. I'm not even talking about roided up bodybuilder here, something like this would be a good start IMO.

Last edited:
Exactly! Folks act like Jacqui can't be improved from one game to the next and unlike Hsu Hao, Jacqui wasn't set up to fail. The character's only short coming was her generic design because she has a lot a character and an interested moveset. If my girl make it in I just hope she has a better role in the story to shut down the naysayers

Sorry, but no, and no. I won't go as far as to say she was set up to fail, but she certainly fails.

I'm not even talking about roided up bodybuilder here, something like this would be a good start IMO.

Maybe they've improved upon her for MK11, though, for all that we know.

We haven't even seen some of the MK11 versions of these leaked characters (Erron, Kotal, Jacqui, Jade, Frost), so we don't even know what NRS has done with them this time around or how they may have revamped them.
D'Vorah, for example, looks even more disgusting and freakish in MK11 in that 1 picture that NRS / Ed showed than she ever did in MKX (and I mean that in a good way).
She looks more like a monster / bug creature that you'd see in 1 of your nightmares, like The Fly.

Sure, I'm not excluding that possibility. Just stating my opinion on her MKX iteration.

Hopefully they go all out with Kotal. Really liked the Aztec vibes in his primary.

I'm pretty confident that no matter who makes the roster NRS is really gonna up there designs based on who we've seen so far, plus all the customizable gear and skins are gonna really help make the designs look to our preference.

Hsu Hao got only one chance as well same as Jacqui and Jacqui got a better chance because it was a better graphic and better gameplay MK and she failed. That makes her worst than Hsu Hao

Hsu Hao got only one chance as well same as Jacqui and Jacqui got a better chance because it was a better graphic and better gameplay MK and she failed. That makes her worst than Hsu Hao

Lol wut, yes because a character that even the developers hated is better than a character who has decent following outside of a meme, like I have nothing against Hao but at the end of the day anyone who says the guy who's one accomplishment is getting dropped by Jax is better than Jacqui gets a laugh from me.

Nope.
Hsu Hao was given 2 chances (technically 3) to be improved upon:

- Deadly Alliance (PS2, Xbox), MK: Tournament Edition (Game Boy Advance version of Deadly Alliance)
- MK: Armageddon

Hey it's not me saying that, I always thought it was ridiculous. You have bunch of people screaming that MK is "realistic", and also the MKX developers said so too at one point. Even if we take out that stupid cop-out, Jacqui should be visibily different than the rest. It just fits with her background. I'm not even talking about roided up bodybuilder here, something like this would be a good start IMO.

I actually agree with this. I've always felt most female video game characters are a bit too frail. What's the point of Jax having all that muscle and metal arms if he gets dusted off by a 140lbs chick throwing fans. I'm not saying I want female characters to be jacked but they need some signs of a daily work out regime.

Capcom has the right idea

cammy.jpg

NRS has made MAJOR improvements in their female character designs so I dont want to sound like I'm coming down on them. Just a minor gripe.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

There we go, that's what I'm talking about. Doesn't look good for Reptile though. Oh well.
[MENTION=16568]Misucra[/MENTION] is probably going to do backflips when he reads this.

The hell are TER, CET, SON and KOL though? New characters? Terminator?....
Edit: derp SON is Sonya.

Nah, not really. Not right now at least.

1. As unlikely as it is, FRO can mean something else. It wouldn't be the first time that devs use misleading abbreviations. Not on purpose, but by mistake and it could mean entirely different thing. For all I know, FRO can stand for Ferra Torr. Seen that happen with certain game files, while modding too. So until I see an actual reveal of her or full name written somewhere officially, I don't consider that as confirmed.

2. While this is a personal thing, I am worried about how she will look. Her MKX version already showed, just how little they cared about her design. Out of all NPC characters in the game, she was the only one, that had a copy paste design, literally taken from Sub-Zero's. And after seeing Skarlet design in MK11, I am worried I will get a blue version of your so called KGB cosplay.

I am not gonna be stupid and believe, that I will get anything close to what I imagine, but I just hope that if she gets her own outfit, it will be something interesting to look at. That is, if she is even gonna be in the game.

So yeah. Too early to celebrate. Knowing my luck. FRO most likely will mean Ferra Toor.

I actually agree with this. I've always felt most female video game characters are a bit too frail. What's the point of Jax having all that muscle and metal arms if he gets dusted off by a 140lbs chick throwing fans. I'm not saying I want female characters to be jacked but they need some signs of a daily work out regime.

View attachment 9551

NRS has made MAJOR improvements in their female character designs so I dont want to sound like I'm coming down on them. Just a minor gripe.

I agree, they're improving. They could do better, I'm confident every artist shares the same opinion.

As for Street Fighter, yea I see your point too, and I kinda agree. Obviously it's not going to be super exaggerated because its part of SF style. I prefer characters to look more exaggerated, and to be fair a lot of guys in MK11 already look exaggerated. Baraka is like 200 kilos of muscle @ 0% bodyfat for Christ's sake, then comes in Geras "do you even lift brah"? :lol: I love it, kinda disappointed they took away Scorpion's 500 feet biceps and basketball shoulders from MKX. He's still massive but eh...Not the same.

Point is, it's kinda silly when the entire game is exaggerated, but when it comes to certain character models...It's "realism" time.

View attachment 9551

I think this is the part where you, Xenon and I, do the Dutch/Dillon handshake.

One fo the few things that SFV did right, was certain female designs. As much shit Chun-Li gets for the size of her legs, I would better have chars with her physique, than Victoria Secret models. The muscle on her legs, actually makes you feel the impact of her kicks. You can actually believe that she can send a Fatso like Birdie flying, with her kicks. Same with Cammy. The speed and power of her kicks, is supported by her physique. While chars like Jacqui have noodles for arms.

Jacqui is Cassie's friend, Jax's daughter and Takeda's love interest. That's it, she is mostly defined by her relationship with other characters. No personality either.
If you have to talk about her what would you even say? She's yet another SF soldier who uses weapons and..... loves his dad, likes Takeda and is friends with Cassie. Her design was pretty uninspired too (that's true for most SF characters in MKX though).

All the other kids have something else: Jin is an asshole, a thief, has a moral code and uses a bow. Takeda is a ninja who uses telekinesis, has whips and has a cool backstory with ties to the Red Dragon. Cassie is a smartass, the leader of the group and has weird green energy powers; she also has mommy issues I guess. All of them had some conflict and/or backstory in the story mode and/or the MKX comic. Jacqui didn't (unless you count "daddy worries too much about me" which is more about Jax and his trauma after being a revenant), she is there along for the ride which is fine, not everybody can be important but unlike Reptile, Erron Black or Kenshi (other characters who didn't do a lot) she isn't really interesting or unique.
I actually thought she could be cool when Cassie says she is an Olympic kickboxer in the comic but they didn't really go with that in the game.

That's why people don't like Jacqui (well, some people also hated his zoning gameplay). They might reinvent her and make her cool in MK11, and I hope they do if she is in the roster, but at first glance it seems like an unispired choice to me right now.

Last edited:
Not to keep pushing this topic but it's also important to note that Jacqui also falls in with Kabal in being a customization friendly pick, with her different mech arm enhancers and other military tech I can imagine they have a chance to really get creative with it (I admit part of the reason I like Jacqui is that she is MK's version of the Punch girl archetype).