Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Yeah. Presentation in this game looks like ASS. I like how it's more colourful, but overall it just lacks that wow factor.

I liked the gameplay showed so far. The meter and krushing blows look like they will add new dynamic. Nothing seems to be done about chip damage though.

Animations are...ok?

The other thing... what exactly that's new about this game? We have variations, that's MKX. We have customization, that's Inj2. Towers are confirmed, but we had those for 3 games straight. Unless they are being very secretive, there's almost zero innovation here. A game that has been reportedly in the making for 4 years.

I thought their games were on 2 year cycles? When they finished MKX they weren't working on MK11, they were working on I2

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is disappointed. I don't like to be 'that guy' - strength in numbers, y'know :|

I hear ya. I was blinded by the hype from yesterday (and beer), but now that I'm sober... game looks really average, downright weak.

I'm the opposite of some of you, this game is easily the best looking fighting game of the generation. I also think Sub and Scorpion's faces look really good, during Sub-Zero's entrance when you look at his eyes as he's talking it almost looks real. I do think the ladies look odd, they look realistic just not all that attractive. I liked your "let me speak to the manager haircut" line Xenon lol but yeah I think doing long flowing hair is likely a problem so they just went with something easier to render that didn't need a ton of movement. I agree that her head piece doesn't make sense, they could have given her something that looked more like a thorny crown or something if they had to put an accessory on her head, that thing just doesn't look right. I'm fine with how she's dressed though.

Some of the alternate looks are great and some are kind of meh but at least we get a good amount of choices. I don't get giving the characters colors that they'd never wear though, Scorpion should always have some blend of black and yellow, you can throw red accents in but green as a main color? Sub-Zero wearing purple? that makes no sense, especially with there being art work of Rain in one of the mode select slots. I guess there is only so much you can do with the same colors over and over again but they really didn't need to do go that route, just give us different shades of the true colors they use and allow us to swap main colors with accent colors and we'd be fine. Overall I'm more hyped now than I was before the reveal and I was already hyped like hell, hopefully those of you that feel let down see something soon that gets you excited for it, we are all here because we are MK fans and I hope everyone ends up being happy with the game.

I'm the opposite of some of you, this game is easily the best looking fighting game of the generation. I also think Sub and Scorpion's faces look really good, during Sub-Zero's entrance when you look at his eyes as he's talking it almost looks real. I do think the ladies look odd, they look realistic just not all that attractive. I liked your "let me speak to the manager haircut" line Xenon lol but yeah I think doing long flowing hair is likely a problem so they just went with something easier to render that didn't need a ton of movement. I agree that her head piece doesn't make sense, they could have given her something that looked more like a thorny crown or something if they had to put an accessory on her head, that thing just doesn't look right. I'm fine with how she's dressed though.

Some of the alternate looks are great and some are kind of meh but at least we get a good amount of choices. I don't get giving the characters colors that they'd never wear though, Scorpion should always have some blend of black and yellow, you can throw red accents in but green as a main color? Sub-Zero wearing purple? that makes no sense, especially with there being art work of Rain in one of the mode select slots. I guess there is only so much you can do with the same colors over and over again but they really didn't need to do go that route, just give us different shades of the true colors they use and allow us to swap main colors with accent colors and we'd be fine. Overall I'm more hyped now than I was before the reveal and I was already hyped like hell, hopefully those of you that feel let down see something soon that gets you excited for it, we are all here because we are MK fans and I hope everyone ends up being happy with the game.

Unlikely. I fell for MK Lore. Its world and how it works. If the game already fails to deliver that feeling, then I just can't connect with it.

A few positives in my book are the X-ray basically becoming a last chance move that isn't tied to meter anymore, most people weren't using X-rays anyway because they were always using the meter to enhance special moves. I also like that the x-ray effect is still there but it just pops in every once in a while, it looks really cool. I'm also fine with them taking out the run button, I have never used it so it's not a loss to me at all. Most of the hands on impressions I've read/watched have been very positive and they all say the game looks amazing, some have even said the streaming quality doesn't do the game justice (it never does) so it's only going to look better when we get it at home. The few complaints seem to be from people who are semi pro types or streamers who don't want to have to learn a new way to play but even they aren't complaining about how this game felt, just that they have to get used to something new.

Unlikely. I fell for MK Lore. Its world and how it works. If the game already fails to deliver that feeling, then I just can't connect with it.

The story is what's always drawn me to MK as well, in all of it's silly absurd glory I love every second of it lol. The opening cinematic for the game looks great and I'm interested to see what's going to happen. It sucks that it hasn't grabbed you so far but don't close your mind to it.

This game doesn't fail to deliver that feeling, it fails to deliver that feeling for you.

Think about it, you "fell for MK lore" and yet you dislike a roster that focuses on expanding existing lore instead of going in totally new directions? That's completely backwards. I think what you actually mean is that you fell for a very particular subset of MK lore, which this game might not be interested in exploring. Fair enough, and it sucks that you're disappointed, but there's a lot more to love in MK lore than whatever it is you're looking for and missing.

This game doesn't fail to deliver that feeling, it fails to deliver that feeling for you.

Think about it, you "fell for MK lore" and yet you dislike a roster that focuses on expanding existing lore instead of going in totally new directions? That's completely backwards. I think what you actually mean is that you fell for a very particular subset of MK lore, which this game might not be interested in exploring. Fair enough, and it sucks that you're disappointed, but there's a lot more to love in MK lore than whatever it is you're looking for and missing.

... What in the hell are you talking about? Where did I say dislike the roster? I don't like how they look. I don't like the overall art direction. They are free to add whoever they want and surprise me. But if everyone gives the same boring feeling, then... nothing I can do.

And do I really need to put "MY OPINION" every time so people wouldn't think that I talk for all of them? Really?

I already said multiple times. How obvious I have to make it, so people would understand? I am talking about myself. You like it? Great! I am happy for you! I. I. I don't like it. ME. One person. I. The individual cannot connect with this game, because it fails to deliver what I felt, when I played previous MK games.

I wasn't trying to pick a fight, just saying that I disagree!

Before MKX I would have agreed with you about Kano, but his redesign made me fall head over heels in love with him. He fills a unique and awesome niche in the MK roster now, in terms of aesthetics. I really hope they give him some new material to work with in the story now.

As for Johnny, he's the heart and soul of the franchise to me. Cassie could replace some of his moves, but she can't replace him. When Raiden goes dark side in MK11, which characters are in a position to feel betrayed and let down by Raiden, and make us feel how much of a gut punch it really is? Pretty much just Johnny, since he's been following Raiden in this universe since day 1.

Kano still seems like the same ‘ole punching bag henchman that he always was.
No matter how he played in MKX, his story has always been the same: to be a runner for the next boss in the game.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he was a henchman again, but this time for Kronika or Geras.

To you, fair enough.
I never considered him to be the heart and soul of the franchise, even after MK9.
Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Jax, Cassie, Jacqui, Takeda, Kung Jin, Kenshi and Sonya would all also feel let down if Raiden went the dark path and betrayed them.
I wasn’t trying to pick a fight, either, and I’m genuinely happy for you if they’re on the roster.
I was just explaining why I think that they could sit out a game and still be in the story but not on the main roster.
12 of the 25 roster slots have been confirmed as of this posting, and the more it resembles MK Trilogy, the less chances there are that we’ll see other characters like Fujin and Havik.
I’m not as optimistic as others on here after seeing the roster that we have to far, and the characters left to be revealed.
As it is, if Fujin isn’t on the main roster, I feel like his chances are even more slim for being DLC.

... What in the hell are you talking about? Where did I say dislike the roster? I don't like how they look. I don't like the overall art direction. They are free to add whoever they want and surprise me. But if everyone gives the same boring feeling, then... nothing I can do.

And do I really need to put "MY OPINION" every time so people wouldn't think that I talk for all of them? Really?

I already said multiple times. How obvious I have to make it, so people would understand? I am talking about myself. You like it? Great! I am happy for you! I. I. I don't like it. ME. One person. I. The individual cannot connect with this game, because it fails to deliver what I felt, when I played previous MK games.

I think it's funny how the guy was like "No no, game has no issues, issue is YOU!!!!" :lol:

We're pretty much on the same page. I don't feel that connection either. Maybe it will change in the upcoming months, who knows.

I like this theory. Baraka is just the name giving to the leader of the Tarkatan tribe leader. At least justify the roster spot a bit more in my opinion