Mortal Kombat 1 General Discussion Media Thread

Ha! Obviously I meant BEFORE the transformation. Although, I'm sure some guys are into to the mutant version as well. To each their own.

This game is buggy? Only bug I can across was halfway into the story, the audio became out of sync during a cutscene. Haven't seen anything else. I'm on the PS5. I heard the Switch version is ridiculously bad. Whoever thought that was a good idea needs to be fired.
They won't fire anyone, cause that was WB's decision.

PC version is bad as well. Not MKX bad, but in some instances close. Inability to play the game, stutters, audio issues, visual glitches, gamepads not responding, constant disconnecting, etc. Just to name a few. Add the fact that the game isn't worth 70 USD based on its content, and you end up with what was called out months ago.

MK1 is a corporate cashgrab with insane price tag.

Obviously PS5/XBOX side got the best experience, while the rest ate shit. But even among console players, I saw people already complain about the lack of content (once you beat Invasions, you have nothing else going on), gameplay feeling same/stale, META already being setup with people using the same combinations of characters and Kameos. Basically it is a rushed game, with nothing to really offer.

If you're into competitive online, then you will be able to keep yourself entertained somehow, but the vast majority of people are about to get really bored with lack of stuff to do.

It doesn't help, that both SF6 and Tekken and bringing in much more content, than MK1. The worst will be Tekken 8. The game itself is deep, due 3D fighting style, but they also invested into casual content. So MK is about to get sandwiched.

It's okay man you like trash. It's just who you are as a person deep down inside. You threw your money or (mom's) down the toilet becuase you like shit. That's why you're conflicted. You a big piece of shit who likes to play with trash. You still trying to jumpstart that edgelord nostalgia that got you into the series to begin with. It's really sad. I actually seriously pity you and the fans hanging on to this series. Don't you have better things to do with your life then play a broken game with a Toxic community?

You spend your time crying on a forum for a game you haven't liked in over a decade. I don't want to hear about who's wasting time lmao

The game was obviously rushed to meet a dead line and it shows but at least they're addressing these issues. There are still several modes and settings that previous NRS games always had that are missing as well. Hopefully these things get fixed/added sooner rather than later. The game is still fun and has a lot of potential IMO.

How does a game launch and the final boss isn't even finished. You have a half finished Quan Chi... AS A KAMEO!! Like not even a fully fledged character. Just needed 4 moves, a throw and a Fatal.

On top of 2-3 different skins for characters, meanwhile they are just slow dripping everything even tho it's already In the game.

Only saving grace for the game is the gameplay is 10x better than 11, but If this came out right after X.. Don't think as many would be as positive about this game. Sucks, but this should've been left in the oven for another 6 months.

How does a game launch and the final boss isn't even finished. You have a half finished Quan Chi... AS A KAMEO!! Like not even a fully fledged character. Just needed 4 moves, a throw and a Fatal.

On top of 2-3 different skins for characters, meanwhile they are just slow dripping everything even tho it's already In the game.

Only saving grace for the game is the gameplay is 10x better than 11, but If this came out right after X.. Don't think as many would be as positive about this game. Sucks, but this should've been left in the oven for another 6 months.
It needs way more, than 6 months.

No matter how many excuses people will make. This is a rushed product. The fact that STORE items aren't even rotating says a lot. STORE is the most important feature for any corpo and if THAT is lacking, when you know stuff was rushed.

This thing didn't have 2 years of development, let alone 4. This is the laziest entry so far.

And yeah. Good point. If this came out after MKX, people would be way more negative, but right now people are comparing MK11 with MK1. That's like comparing 2 turds and saying the second one is better, cause it doesn't smell as bad.

But even this game is having the same start as MK11. When few people complained about MK11 issues in the beginning, they were called haters. But once the dust settled, once it became safe, suddenly it is fine to shit on MK11. Same is happening with MK1.

"It is the most amazing MK so far, but..."

Aha... MK11 was also everything what people wanted, BUT.

Imagine if MK1 came out after MK9...

So far I only hear that gameplay is better, but there is nothing else positive aside that. Normally that's all the game needs. Just have good gameplay, but... this thing has 70USD price tag.

You can't use Shang Tsung, without being connected to the internet? That's just cruel and unjustified.
Tis called current day gaming. Also it is completely justified. I mean, you support this kind of practice after all, so why are you complaining? You literally paid for it.

If you buy products with such practices, when you're showing financial support to such practices. Anything you say after your purchase is void.

Microsoft must consult Boon on Windows or Boon and Gates take each other's pages from their playbooks too. Apparently Windows 12 is coming out and it will be just like Mortal Kombat 12 (I mean Mortal Kombat One). You all know what I mean lol:

Microsoft could release Windows 12 as soon as 2024.

Microsoft must consult Boon on Windows or Boon and Gates take each other's pages from their playbooks too. Apparently Windows 12 is coming out and it will be just like Mortal Kombat 12 (I mean Mortal Kombat One). You all know what I mean lol:

On one hand, I am not surprised. People weren't thrilled with Windows 11. But making constantly new versions... yeah... I can just imagine that OS will be broken as hell. I am already not touching 11, so they can forget 12. Once Windows 10 gets to the point, I can't use it, I will start using Linux.

I think the funniest trailer ever for MK is the recent accolades trailer.

That's right... a trailer about reviews... where a bunch of nobodies give the game a 95-100/100. Totally honest journalism!

No seriously, who the fuck is "God is a geek"? Is IGN out of their price range?

I think the funniest trailer ever for MK is the recent accolades trailer.

That's right... a trailer about reviews... where a bunch of nobodies give the game a 95-100/100. Totally honest journalism!

No seriously, who the fuck is "God is a geek"? Is IGN out of their price range?
I think it is just a bunch of youtubers/influencers, that got taken to Netherrealm studios and were given free copies.

Also IGN gave it 8. So not something they want to show.

I think Commander also has the game? No?
Yeah, but I'm on Xbox.
Haven't pulled the trigger on getting the PS5 yet (maybe for Spider-Man 2) and when I saw the early reports of the shitty Switch port, I was like "Yeah, my Series S will run it just fine. :ROFLMAO: "
I'm using by 8BitDo 2 wired controller on it, as I had gotten it a while ago and I prefer the D-pad on there vs the default Xbox clicky D-pad.