Mortal Kombat 1 General Discussion Media Thread

Been rocking Li Mei in the beta. I'm getting the hang of the Kameo assist with Sonya. It's definitely fun but man I wish that we had a bare bones practice mode. The Tower mode is fine but it's annoying when you just want to try stuff and the AI keeps attacking you. Other than that this game is miles better than MK11 IMO.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Still working things out. I just know there's something with that clone/Unblockable and I'm trying to find it.

Seems pretty useless. Clone goes away before opponent gets up, so can't use it as a trap in the corner. Just get some free meter I guess. Try Ex?

Also I'm 100% sure you can armor/wake up through that 2nd part.

Edit: well you do seem to be crazy + after clone, so just continue pressure?

Seems pretty useless. Clone goes away before opponent gets up, so can't use it as a trap in the corner. Just get some free meter I guess. Try Ex?

Also I'm 100% sure you can armor/wake up through that 2nd part.

Edit: well you do seem to be crazy + after clone, so just continue pressure?

There's a few intricacies I found with it all. Jax's ground pound will only pop you up if you aren't crouch blocking. The whole idea of that combo I posted was to end in 3,4. Its his most advantageous ender at 20-something frames. It isn't that advantageous in this combo because of the gravity scaling, but until I get a practice mode with frame viewer I wont know exactly. If I can still get it to be *at least* +20 then I'll be able to hit with a meaty b2 overhead.

Its hard to test when the AI does whatever it wants, but I'm trying to see if I can somehow force the situation. In my head, what I want to work is I b2 overhead you on wakeup and cancel the first hit into EX Ice Clone (Only EX Ice Clone will hit, regular does nothing unfortunately). Either you block it, but you're stand blocking so you get popped up into clone from Jax, or you get hit by the overhead and . . . . idk yet. It seems if Jax's Unblockable hits in a combo, they instantly fall down like the crouch block animation.

Also you could armor through Sub, but Jax hits from off screen so he'd still hit you. And since it's a meaty attack he'd break your armor since I hit you first. We'd just both reset to neutral.

I also found that Sub's little hop he does on his 3,4 will keep him safe from Jax's GP. I want to test that out more too

I believe the dream is dead.

giphy.gif

Doing more testing with 3,4 GP, it seems as if the opponent is actually completely intangible when they have that shallow hit reaction, this is the same reaction they have when they're crouch blocking the GP btw. I don't believe I have any other way of testing this right now, if they really are unhittable. I tried insta air dive kicking, but funny enough Jax will hit Sub out of the air with it, even tho he wont hit him out of 3,4.

Only other way I can think to test right now is call Jax, and then use chilling vapors as they call, but its a pain in the ass to set up because I need to call Jax while he's in range of them, but not me. So idk right now.

But as it stands now I believe that any and all Jax Unblockable followups are completely fake. You'll have to eat the overhead sure, but all those Liu Kang/Li Mei setups with him you're seen all over Twitter don't work. You can crouch block and be perfectly fine.

The frame data will most likely change at release anyway. I'm hoping Li Mei mid is faster at launch but we'll see.

Yeah like I said, it didn't look like an "unblockable" at all.

THIS is a Jax unblockable

:ROFLMAO:

Its definitely an unblockable. You flat out can't block Jax's Ground Pound, and there are scenarios where its completely guaranteed. My entire mission though was trying to find a reliable followup. I did find actual followups, but none that were 100% unstoppable. In Reo's clip, thats an OTG, that'd be an entirely different setup. Tremor is going to be a dlc Kameo. I do wonder if he'll have any OTG capabilities since he famously had them in MKX.

....But it's a gimmick as you've admitted later on?.... Which was my point to begin with, seemed to have limited use.

OTG or not (not really, only EX ground pound works with this), it's an unblockable. You have to eat it no matter what. Why do you think the combo counter and damage scaling reset?....

We can argue until we destroy keyboards, but as lariat said before, it's all going to be changed anyways.

Last edited:
....But it's a gimmick as you've admitted later on?.... Which was my point to begin with, seemed to have limited use.

OTG or not (not really, only EX ground pound works with this), it's an unblockable. You have to eat it no matter what. Why do you think the combo counter and damage scaling reset?....

We can argue until we destroy keyboards, but as lariat said before, it's all going to be changed anyways.

Sure its a gimmick now, but you can't ever discover these kind of things without testing. Everything about it works, its just the intangibility of the GP that makes it a gimmick. Unfortunate, but thats the life of a lab monster.

OTG is what makes the MK9 infinite possible. If it didn't hit OTG, and was simply unblockable you'd be able to use your invincibility on your wakeup to get out of it. But since it hits you before you can even wake up, thats what creates that scenario.

I would continue with the MK9 stuff but this is not an MK9 thread, so.... (I told you, only EX works with this)

....Yeah the cutscenes in this game... vomit inducing. Shao Turd is just....HAHAHA. And of course he had to be put to his place because that's what NRS is all about now.

Only good thing about this were Motaro and Shujinko KaMeOs.

Last edited:
I like that Shujinko's kameo absorbs the opponent's moves to use against them.
Used Shao's axe against him and Sindel's hair against her. Lol
Throwback to him absorbing other characters' moves.
Wondering what Fatality kameo Motaro will have.
Hoping that the next trailer with Reiko and Nitara will be awesome.

I thought the Shujinko kameo was old man Shang Tsung lol. Shao Khan moveset and axe combos reminded me of Ares from Injustice 1. Motaro looks awesome but considering he leaked with Reiko weeks ago it wasn't really that much of a surprise. Speaking of which, I do wonder if Reiko is going to be a kameo or fully playable.

Last edited:
I thought the Shujinko kameo was old man Shang Tsung lol. Shao Khan moveset and axe combos reminded me of Ares from Injustice 1. Motaro looks awesome but considering he leaked with Reiko weeks ago it wasn't really that much of a surprise. Speaking of which, I do wonder if Reiko is going to be a kameo or a fully playable.

He's playable

Shao Khan looks like he's being reduced to jobber status.

He was a jobber in MK11 too. And now he isn't even a Kahn.
Idk if you've seen his bio yet, but Liu Kang created Shao as a weak disabled kid. But Shao's father put him through insane training to turn him into a beast.

Spoiler:
....so does that mean the cringe 4chan leak is true??? aaaaahahahahahhh

also I thought that was Kung Lao....