Mortal Kombat 1 General Discussion Media Thread

1689981572409.png

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

- Baraka officially is a disease.
- Li Mei's fatality is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in MK.... someone tell NRS to take an anatomy class.
- Don't care about either NuMK Li Mei or Tanya so whatever there.....
- Cutscenes still look like absolute dogshit.

Conclusion? Seeing what happened to Ermac and Baraka..... Reptile, my boy.... YOU ARE NECKS!

You guys aren't fucking with this? I think its dope af. I love the idea that Ermac's decrepit body is worthless and falling apart, but its the souls inside that keep it going. I wish Ermac was a literal dead body, I think that'd be hella cool. Like imagine his "Time Over" animation is the souls leaving his body and the body just falling to pieces.

All NRS need to do is give the ninjas their classic skins. They do this in almost all the recent MK games. Classic skin packs have been the norm for years now. I'm more concerned about the gameplay than a simple skin.

Kombat pack is hot dookie cakes. WTF NRS. this is exactly what I am talking about. STOP putting guest before MK kharacters. Instead of Peacemaker or that Homelander guy. A spot could of went towards a Cyrax, Jataaka or a Drahmin or Kotal Kahn. And the pack could of atleast had one female kharacter

Kombat pack is hot dookie cakes. WTF NRS. this is exactly what I am talking about. STOP putting guest before MK kharacters. Instead of Peacemaker or that Homelander guy. A spot could of went towards a Cyrax, Jataaka or a Drahmin or Kotal Kahn. And the pack could of atleast had one female kharacter

If you proposed that they should sell Jataaka and Drahmin over Omni-Man and Homelander they would have fired you before you could have even finished the sentence. People love guests, this debate should have died with Kratos back in 2011.

If you proposed that they should sell Jataaka and Drahmin over Omni-Man and Homelander they would have fired you before you could have even finished the sentence. People love guests, this debate should have died with Kratos back in 2011.
Of course. Why bother making MK characters interesting and making the game stand on its own. It's much smarter to just turn the game into advertisement board and pretend that it still has anything to do with original vision.

But eh. This is Dominic's fan fiction all over the place, so not that it matters. Lore is gone anyway. At this point they can throw anything in, as long as it comes from a bloody background. And knowing that Warner needs any financial win right now, they will squeeze anything they can from MK1.

They are just making the game into Celebrity Deathmatch.

Adding Kratos back then was dumb and still is now. I get its a marketing strategy to get more kasuals to buy the game. SF stays true to its source. You them see them cramping in a bunch of guest because thats what "sells" you might see one or two the most n thats it. WB takes it to a whole new level an I dont understand this obsession they have with these guest. At this point they should make a krossover and leave MK alone. MK doesn't need any of that outside influence garbage . And yes I will take Jataaka and Meat over any guest why? Because they're acutal MK kharacters that we haven't seen in YEARS. Seeing Li Mei and Darrius today brought me joy. the MK universe is too big for it too be one sided, I know alot of triliogy fanboys like to gate keep, 3D/Lore Kharacters had so much potential but Ed Boons hatred kept them for getting the spotlight they deserve.

Just give it up, mate. You're wasting your time. They won't spend any time on fleshing out any smaller scale characters. NRS is deep in corporate ass. They only go for lowest hanging fruits. Guest characters are here to stay and if they will sell well (and they will, unless game is a complete technical garbage), they will add more and they will ALWAYS take priority over anything that isn't OG MK characters.
The old MK is dead. This is the new MK.

I mean just looking at this Wakanda Forever trailer with Tanya, you can tell how creatively bankrupt entire thing is. They slap some story mode, put the usual tale of "defeat big bad, before universe explodes" and then proceed to sell you characters from completely different genres. Just watch them start adding Injustice characters like Injustice Superman.

Anything under corporate turns to shit.

It's funny how the DLC gets revealed, yet the base roster not fully revealed.... and most of all, no new gamemodes.

This entire marketing is simply next level.

...Also that Motaro looks biped? 4 years of AAA super duper Unreal 3+++++.....
Edit: nah, Motaro is fine.

Last edited:
That is true. The characters that no ones likes such as Hsu Hao, Jarek, and Meat will never be DLC. Some characters are too unpopular to make a comeback. Also, Ed Boon hates Drahmin. I like Drahmin too, but his chances to be a playable character is zero.

The only thing i'm hyped to see are the Kameo's, since they actually look themselves, most of the new character redesigns are terrible, bland and almost unrecognisable outside of their general colour schemes. Seeing Darrius was actually pretty neat after all these years and his few seconds of trailer time had way more personality and charm than anything else they showed in it aside from Baraka.

The desgins for the characters for the DLC fighters are not finalize. Tanya in MKX and Joker in MK11 had new character desgins after they were announced.

You guys aren't fucking with this? I think its dope af. I love the idea that Ermac's decrepit body is worthless and falling apart, but its the souls inside that keep it going. I wish Ermac was a literal dead body, I think that'd be hella cool. Like imagine his "Time Over" animation is the souls leaving his body and the body just falling to pieces.
The Umgadi trailer is honestly the only thing giving me some semblance of hope that maybe these leaks with more 3D era characters could be true. The Umgadi remind me of the Dora Milaje in the Marvel universe and not in a bad way, imo.

Tanya looked cool and her whips can turn into a staff and vice versa.

Li Mei was also pretty badass and looks like fun to play as.

Darrius was a welcomed kameo, imo.
Sadly, I don’t see him ever having a chance at being playable like the more popular Reiko, Havik and Ashrah from that era, but at least as a kameo with his own Fatality gives him some time to shine.
Who knows, perhaps if enough people use his kameo then NRS would eventually consider him for DLC.
Kenshi aside, this Umgadi trailer is the most interesting thing I’ve seen announced in the last 2 months.