MKX DLC: what did you and will you buy?

mandead

Let's talk about MKX DLC, and what we like and don't like. You can discuss free or paid DLC, but there's no need to list free compatibility content that everyone gets by default (i.e. klassic ninja skins, The Pit).

So far I have downloaded:

- Klassic Fatalities 1 & 2
- Horror pack skins
- Kold War skins
- Kold War Scorpion
- Blue Steel Sub-Zero
- Goro (free with pre-order)

I'll download the following if/when released:

- Klassic Fatalities 3 & 4
- Gold Scorpion
- Ruby Ermac (seen in MKXL trailer)
- Emerald Reptile (hopefully...)

- DLC I am pondering:

- Tremor (UMK3 skin?)
- Bo' Rai Cho (depends on variations)
- Tri-Borg (depends on variations... MK3 skin?)

If you haven't purchased any paid DLC, why? What do you like, and what do you dislike?

SxutOh.jpg

Have it all, plan on getting the rest too.
Only thing I don't have is Gold Scorpion.

What I have...
- Kombat Pack 1

What I MAY download when it comes out (mostly individually)...
- Alien
- Leatherface

What I WILL download if it's sold individually and if they do exist for MKX...
- The Pit
- UMK3 Kitana and Mileena
- MK4 and/MKD Tanya
- Li Mei
- Sareena
- Nitara
- Jade
- Sindel

[MENTION=4598]Nasty_Freak[/MENTION]

The Pit is a free compatibility update, so you won't have to buy it or download it manually. It's added in a patch, like the male klassic ninja skins.

Here is another question - can you delete part of your downloaded DLC- i absolutely can't stand Jason & Brazil Pack

Here is another question - can you delete part of your downloaded DLC- i absolutely can't stand Jason & Brazil Pack
You can manually uninstall DLC on XB1. Go to 'manage game' and then uninstall DLC you don't want. Presumably works the same on PS4.

That's why I didn't buy KP1 and won't buy KP2, though. Unfortunately, there's just too much DLC in MKX that I dislike. I don't want guest characters, Infrared Scorpion, the Brazil skins or the Cosplay skins.

I hope Bo and Tri-Borg come with decent skin packs...

I'll be getting it all. I want full options as far as characters and the majority of the skins.

Though I'm not even downloading the Brazil pack. I don't want that garbage in my game.

Last edited:
I have KP1.

I will get Tri-Borg, The Pit and the Appcalypse skins, and the XL video may have changed my mind on Bo Rai Cho to get him.
I still need to see more on him, though.
If he's a joke character is every single variation, then no, I won't get him.

[MENTION=4598]Nasty_Freak[/MENTION]

The Pit is a free compatibility update, so you won't have to buy it or download it manually. It's added in a patch, like the male klassic ninja skins.

YES!!!!!!!! I wonder what kind of stage brutalities will it have. Will it have that one fatality only or will we be able to alter the fatality into the classic from MK9? Can't wait to find out.

I have everything except Gold Scorpion.

I don't mind DLC as long as the retail game releases with a proper amount of content (and MKX did just that).

My only issue with MKX's DLC is the lack of alternates for the DLC characters. I still have no idea why NRS is half-assing us in that respect.

The skin packs could also do with being much cheaper, but it's whatever since they are purely cosmetic additions to the game.

I have everything except Gold Scorpion.

I don't mind DLC as long as the retail game releases with a proper amount of content (and MKX did just that).

My only issue with MKX's DLC is the lack of alternates for the DLC characters. I still have no idea why NRS is half-assing us in that respect.

The skin packs could also do with being much cheaper, but it's whatever since they are purely cosmetic additions to the game.

I'd want MK4 Tanya to be added in the team of my Klassic Kitana and Klassic Mileena! :)

If anyone's interested, seems that KP1 is now only $9.99 on XBL store, and I assume PSN store as well.

You can manually uninstall DLC on XB1. Go to 'manage game' and then uninstall DLC you don't want. Presumably works the same on PS4.

That's why I didn't buy KP1 and won't buy KP2, though. Unfortunately, there's just too much DLC in MKX that I dislike. I don't want guest characters, Infrared Scorpion, the Brazil skins or the Cosplay skins.

I hope Bo and Tri-Borg come with decent skin packs...

Is it possible to uninstall a single skin? I only want to get rid of Infared Scorpion without losing Jax and Cage's skins.

Last edited:
Is it possible to uninstall a single skin? I only want to get rid of Infared Scorpion without loosing Jax's and Cage's skins.
LOL no, sadly. And that's the reason I didn't buy that pack... I like the other two skins, but I hate Infrared Scorpion.

LOL no, sadly. And that's the reason I didn't buy that pack... I like the other two skins, but I hate Infrared Scorpion.

Same. Jax and Cage's skins are decent. Even if you didn't know they were Predator inspired, they still fit the character in my opinion. Cage fought with Special Forces and another military skin isn't too out of place for him.

But Infared Scorpion is awful. It ruins the fight when you come across him in towers, especially the fatalities. :puke:

It never occured to me to check out Infared Scorpion's P2 color. I might have to check that out. Its still looks wack as hell when you're dismembering an infared opponent with normal looking guts pouring out. I thought it was a neat gimick when I first heard about the skin but it all changed when I kept coming across him in my towers.

It's a shame they never tweaked Predator's infrared vision for Sub-Zero, with his very low body heat. I also wonder how Triborg will look to him... in fact, I wonder how Triborg will work in most fatalities, as he doesn't have any internal organs.

It's a shame they never tweaked Predator's infrared vision for Sub-Zero, with his very low body heat. I also wonder how Triborg will look to him... in fact, I wonder how Triborg will work in most fatalities, as he doesn't have any internal organs.

Why do you say that? You can see Sektor's intestines next to his head when he gets spat out of the death machine