MKX confirmed to be region locked

C-Sword

latest

The game will probably have the same netcode as Injustice, meaning that they don't think it's good enough for people from different countries to play against each others.

Both MK9 and Injustice MP were pure shit on PC! If it's same thing again i will seriously be pissed! I mean it would be too much!

So European players can only play against other Europeans, and North American players can only play against North Americans, etc... right?

Actually MK9 region lock was between continents, not countries.

Someone from Argentina could fight someone from the US. And someone from France could fight someone from Belgium.

Yea I was able to play people in Argetina. I hope this doesn't mean anything for those who have the Amazon version but live in the US.

Sucks for people out of the country who wish to fight top players in USA.

I remember in BroodWar days when you could jump into other regions.

Alli know is that online play in MK9 is impossible. The button delay was unbearable. If it is like that again, than all NRS's hard work will be for nothing. The game would be ruined. Thats how big a deal netcode is. They better understand that,

So European players can only play against other Europeans, and North American players can only play against North Americans, etc... right?

Well yes and no.

The whole american continent belongs to the same region.

And the region was not defined by your account nor your console, it was defined by your game's procedence (Region 1: American continent, Region 2: Europe, Region 3: Asia, Region 4: Australia).

This was in old gen though I don't know how the new gen regions work.

There are people saying that if you live in the US and ordered the EU KE you can't play online... I think I'll have to buy another copy of MKX smh

It means if you buy the game in country/region X you can download DLC only from said countries/region's store and will likely be able to play online only against other people in that country/region.

That is also true, I'll remind this to everyone:

If you buy a european game you MUST buy DLC from a european PSN account, if you buy american DLC from an american PSN account it won't work. (Again, this is how PS3 DLC worked).

[MENTION=17897]RADEC[/MENTION], you should know this.

Hooray for confirmed dogshit online again! You'd think they'd focus on actually making the online bearable instead of doing all of these cooky online challenges and shit.

If they don't give us US codes and a US copy of the disk then they're idiots. If that is the case then it js a shame that they didn't warn us about that because many people didn't like the US KE....

The first thing I'll do when I get the game is go online and see if I can play my friends. Idc if DLC won't work I'll just buy that again.

Need your help guys.

I´m from brazil, and already bought the premium edition for ps4 in the psn US. In april I´m going to europe, and I´ll buy my ps4 there, cos it´s cheaper. My question is: This region lock, will stop me from playing MKX in my european ps4 here in brazil, or I´ll able to play it normally?

Need your help guys.

I´m from brazil, and already bought the premium edition for ps4 in the psn US. In april I´m going to europe, and I´ll buy my ps4 there, cos it´s cheaper. My question is: This region lock, will stop me from playing MKX in my european ps4 here in brazil, or I´ll able to play it normally?

I'm pretty sure Playstation made their console REGION FREE.

So it should work.

Only way it won't is if Netherrealm went out of their way to MAKE it not work. (which I doubt)

I had the japanese Blazblue on my ps3, but couldn't get DLC unless I made a Japanese Account.

You MIGHT need to make a USA account on your European PS4 to get DLC.

I'm not 100% positive cuz I don't know if Netherrealm would've done that.

But I'm PRETTY strongly sure,

tldr
It'll work, but you can't get DLC unless you make a USA account on your european PS4. Based on my experience with blazblue.

[MENTION=17968]Cryo[/MENTION] this is my first time buying a game outside the US. I just want to be able to play my friends online. I will buy the kombat pass again if i need to. But they made a certain amount of copies for ppl in the US so why would the disk and game be a EU copy? most of us only wanted this version for the statue and steel book. All i know is if we cant play our friends online then that will feel like NRS screwed us over. They wont even speak on this subject which really pisses me off.