Sign in starts at 12 pm

Fighting will start at 12:30 PM

201 E Baseline Rd Tempe, AZ

Entry Fee:
$10 each game
**There is no Door Fee or Visitors Fee for this Event**

Payouts:
60% for 1st and 30% for 2nd and 10% for venue​

Big City Tourneys has brought you Madden Tourneys to the Valley and is now having its first Tourney for all the Fighters out there. These games will be played on Xbox 360, but if there is a high demand for PS3 this might be arranged. If you are a PS3 gamer then post on this thread or send me an email and I will arange for this happen!

The tournament will be double elimination and there will also be a consule open for money games.
The prelimenary rounds will be best 2 out 3 and playoffs will be best 4 out of 5.

All charachters will be open for SFIV

The titles available for the money games are:

SF IV
MK vs DC
Fight Night Round 3

*If you have any request let me know and if we have a few gamers that are up for the challenge I will make it happen**

Baseline Sports bar is offering 10% off all Food And Beverages so come hungry and thirsty!

If you have any questions feel free to contact me at Robert@bigcitytourney.com.

Also check out our Website for upcoming Tourneys in your Area

http://www.bigcitytourney.com

http://www.myspace.com/bigcitytourneys

For all of you Gamers out there we will be hosting a Madden Tournament at the same Location April 18. Ask me for details.

Stay tuned for COD 4, COD 5 and Halo 3 Tourneys coming in May.

Last edited:
What's wrong with you guys? He's advertising a tournament, with cash prizes none-the-less. We need a LOT more of these kinds of announcements around here. It's not out of date, May 2nd is weeks away. It's definitely MK related. And even though it's advertising it's something anybody who lives near that location might want to attend.

So lay off!

Sadly, I'm days away from Arizona.

I'm just having trouble grasping how/why you can get paid to beat someone in a video game. That's all.

Tournaments are hella fine with me. I just don't understand why it'd be worth money.

It's the same as a poker tournament or a cash-prize sports tournament. Like anything else. There's a fee for entry, if you win you get a portion of the fees. Simple as that. Why is being better at a video game worse than being better at anything else? You're not being "paid" per-say, it's more like "I bet you 25 bucks I could beat you" and if you win, you get a part of all the bets in the pot.

Sports are just games, and people like David Beckham are paid far more than doctors/soldiers/anybody who does a real job that actually benefits people and nobody questions that. This is a good idea, and if anyone is good enough to win at this sort of thing, it's nice to have some recognition.

Actually, people do question why sports guys and actors make that much.

Pro-fighters deserve to make the kind of money they do, if not more.

Wait, what? we're not even arguing about HOW much money people make. BESIDES. This is a TOURNAMENT. It's not the pro-gaming circuit, these people don't get signing bonuses and fees and shit like sports stars or boxers. Like any other tourney these guys only get some percentage of what's taken in, and the rest goes to the management (and most of it goes towards costs as well).

And why would you say Pro-fighters deserve more money than sports stars or actors? That's just asking to be flamed, plus it's not on topic.

I was just saying, he said he couldn't understand ho people could be paid to play a game, and it happens every day in sport.

I'm just having trouble grasping how/why you can get paid to beat someone in a video game. That's all.

Tournaments are hella fine with me. I just don't understand why it'd be worth money.

The tourney scene is fading away and we are just trying to bring some fun events to AZ so gamers have a chance to win some cash for all the time they invest in games.

As the guys stated above its the same reason why people play black jack and poker. This is just an event for some guys to come down play some video games... chill out with some good people and possibly win some money.

The prices have been dropped to $10 so if anyone is curious let me know. We will have 6 systems running with both games so everyone is welcome. We will have video and pics posted after the tournament.

Thanks for your time everyone!

Nahh, I live all the way on the East Coast, and eventually gotta get away from here too. Maybe Texas, or somewhere cold.

No way I could enter one of these things. Haven't logged in nearly enough time on either game, mainly because I don't have a 360. The upcoming UFC Unleashed 2009 is really making me want to get one, though.