MK is the only fighter where i actually like all the fighters.

AriesSiren

i love mk, i grew up playing it in arcades, yes im old lol. but with other fighters i only play the female fighters. but in MK i love almost everyone. Rain and Hotaru being one of my fave male fighters. With the new mk, it seems to be very diverse and with the recent Sindel addition, i am officially in heaven. what about you? are you a one fighter player or do you like all of them? theres so much personality between all the fighters, its magic that i love to play all of them. i dont do that in others fighters.
i just wish more people would play the other fighters also

I like everyone MK-MKT 'cept Scorpion and Sub-Zero. I like everyone after that though.

Last edited:
Sub-Zero till death, I love everything about the character, I loved Smoke's design and when I knew the back story of how he was Sub Zero's ally he became my second fav. There's many Characters I like! All of them are lovable really.

Hotaru and Rain?? You're my kind of guy then! :D
But seriously, I love all MK kombatants too except for Mokap, Blaze, Kobra, Chameleon and Khameleon.

i love mk, i grew up playing it in arcades, yes im old lol. but with other fighters i only play the female fighters. but in MK i love almost everyone. Rain and Hotaru being one of my fave male fighters. With the new mk, it seems to be very diverse and with the recent Sindel addition, i am officially in heaven. what about you? are you a one fighter player or do you like all of them? theres so much personality between all the fighters, its magic that i love to play all of them. i dont do that in others fighters.
i just wish more people would play the other fighters also

That's funny, because I feel the same way. I like almost all the characters in MK, except Taven, Daegon and a few others. And my favs in other fighting games are also mostly females.

I stopped playing MK when they decided to make it a 3D fighting game. So I don't really know any post-UMK3 characters. But I must say that I loved pretty much every character from the first 3 games. I can't wait for the release of MK9. Almost all characters I hoped for have been announced (assuming that all the characters from the sound-file leak are in MK9).

I just hope Baraka and Kano will be included too and not just as DLC.

I like all the classic characters! In 3d games I only like Quan Chi and Shinnok.
3d games are too slow for me. I don't like the dynamics, the fighters are lame as hell. In MK vs. DC you fight only with special attacks and the kombo challange sucks.
MK9 looks very fast and balanced. That's why I am looking forward to love this game.

I must agree. There are some I like better than others, but I really do like just about all of them. MK never seemed to have the amount of totally useless characters as other fighting game series like SF or Tekken.

yeah i really dont like boss fighters in any game, mokap taven daegon drahmin kobra and hsu hao were really lame. but for the rest i like the majority of the rosters. my most played would have to be kitana and mileena. for deception hotaru Sindel kira and tanya were my faves i hardly ever play sub and scorp. but i loved frost.

I like all the MK1-4 fighters.

Anyone after that is meh...

I completely agree with you, after that everyone became ridiculously generic, actually, kenshi is probably the only good postmk4 character, but everyoneelse is just so freaking boring! I mean, kobra? darrius? hotaru? all are just stupid! they dont even have unique powers!

I like all the MK1-4 fighters.

Anyone after that is meh...

Well said sir! Honestly the inclusion of the two new realms was completely stupid of them to do IMO, the characters are just there to be characters, they are not story related at all, maybe Hotaru, but thats it. And i still hate that bastard, all about order and shit, god i wish i couldve done a fatality on him in konquest, he was so annoying!

I have a cousin that made it a point to learn every character in MK three and learned to use them wellllll. I personally like sindel raiden subzero night wolf and these are bound to be the first characters I use. I think I will probably add sektor to that list. he looks the coolest to me in this game, I especially like his x-ray move. I won't really know who I like in this game until I use them

I'm one of the people that likes all of the pre-3D MK characters. Even Stryker, he was one of my favorites. I'll probably only play one character for MK9 so I can master him/her fully, I'm thinking Cyrax.

Am I the only one that like almost all 3D characters? Kobra, Kira and Hsu Hao were horripilants, but what about Havik, Hotaru, Kenshi, Shinnok, Reiko, Jarek, Dairou and other guys? Li Mei was a nice female character. Havik was freakin' awesome! Shinnok was a bad boss, but a good playable! Kai was a nice addition.

Hey, I like the classic characters too, don't misunderstand me! :p

When I saw this thread, I thought it was about the original MK and I was going to post how much I hated Kano in that game. To be more accurate, I hated how the CPU spammed the cannonball move in that game.

It seemed like somewhere around UMK3 the series really fell off the cliff in terms of new characters. Everyone added for MK2 kicked large amounts of ass, but all of a sudden we were getting ninjapalooza. For every cool new character like Kabal or Smoke it seemed there were twice as many lame characters added. I know Stryker is pretty controversial among players (I wasn't a fan), but Sheeva was pretty lame as a fighter. I actually thought the later 3D games were much better in terms of new folks, except for Hsu Hao who is probably the most vanilla fighting game character ever. There's nothing that stands out as terrible about him, he's just there.

Well, I like most of the MK characters, some more, some less, but all to some extent. Excepting for some lame ass characters, of course, like Hsu Hao, Mokap, and some others.

This made me think about it, in others fighting games (actually the only other one that I play, Tekken), I play with very few characters. In Mortal Kombat, I play with a lot of characters, and seeing how they are being well explored in MK2011, I'll probably play with everyone, at least once in arcade ladder.