MK fansites webmasters reduced to silence…

krazyhugo

This is probably going to get me deleted…Is it only me or do you guys also feel like MK fansites webmasters are not willing to voices fans opinions or to express their own feeling to NRS on decisions made by NRS that are not popular. Are they scared that NRS might not contact them anymore to give them exclusive news and email them stuff about MK to post? Look what happened to TMK, that dude has always been way open about MK and said it loud when they made not so popular decisions and now his site is practically dead (I been a TMK member since about 2006)…Can Patrick or others who have easy access to Boon and Co tell them that Freddy really angered the community and that we want MK HD KE (or at least footages of what they managed to do)?

Does it really matter? Regardless of anyone's prominence in the MK kommunity, their word is not going to have any more sway than anyone else's. NRS knows that the Freddy announcement has left a divided audience, but the decision has been made and there is nothing anyone can do to change it. Just take it as it comes, and be glad for the hype this has generated around the game.

Oh, and if you want something done, do it yourself. If you're adamant about MK HD KE, why don't YOU get on Twitter and ask about it? :)

Oh, and if you want something done, do it yourself. If you're adamant about MK HD KE, why don't YOU get on Twitter and ask about it? :)

You are right and already did it myself dear. Im not saying that them telling NRS would change anything about Freddy. Freddy is coming no doubts but getting feedback from people who are in charge of a FANSITEs is heavier than any other individual. It might prevent stuff like that (Freddy) happening again...We all hoped for an MK character and were really happy about this MK until they broke the silence on that Freddy clown with two gloves...

But some of us actually LIKED freddy, so trying to say your ENTIRE fansite is against freddy would be ridiculous because A. In the dlc discussion poll more people said they would buy freddy than boycott him and B. More people probably dont care than do care

But some of us actually LIKED freddy, so trying to say your ENTIRE fansite is against freddy would be ridiculous because A. In the dlc discussion poll more people said they would buy freddy than boycott him and B. More people probably dont care than do care

Poll!? I didnt see the poll!? I thought that the majority was against that idea...

I have also noticed that the popular fan sites cater to NRS's wishes. I see stuff get posted here, and then deleted for awhile, until it gets "officially" announced. And then put back up. While MKOnline is selling statues, etc. Back in the day when this was Hotweird.com, it was a true fan site. But, all the truly epic fan sites have become somewhat "official" and changed a bit to have a working relationship with NRS. And make the news threads truly worthy of news articles. I think that the added forum that shows on the front page is a great way to help voice the communities opinions. I have seen plenty things not posted in the news section (because it wasnt time) but was posted by members in the forums. Also a person can comment right on the article itself, to voice their opinion. Im not sure what you more you could want?

It seems to me your issue is with the current Freddy DLC. Listen, Drama is good. Look at all the activity it promotes in the community. You cannot please 100% of the fans 100% of the time. Im sure NRS EXPECTED this reaction. Just look at DCUniverse and Kratos announcements. Be glad WB bought Midway and MK didnt go extinct! They have done great things with MK. Why not try embracing there brand and properties? Look how long Freddy and Superman have been around!??!!?!?! Im glad the characters i love are in THEIR universe, because it most likely means that they are here to stay FOREVER!!!!

1, 2, Freddys Koming for You!

You are right and already did it myself dear. Im not saying that them telling NRS would change anything about Freddy. Freddy is coming no doubts but getting feedback from people who are in charge of a FANSITEs is heavier than any other individual.

Just don't expect Pat to do anything about it because I'm pretty sure that he's fine with Freddy.

Oh, and I'm not your "dear." :p

I have also noticed that the popular fan sites cater to NRS's wishes. I see stuff get posted here, and then deleted for awhile, until it gets "officially" announced. And then put back up. While MKOnline is selling statues, etc. Back in the day when this was Hotweird.com, it was a true fan site. But, all the truly epic fan sites have become somewhat "official" and changed a bit to have a working relationship with NRS. And make the news threads truly worthy of news articles. I think that the added forum that shows on the front page is a great way to help voice the communities opinions. I have seen plenty things not posted in the news section (because it wasnt time) but was posted by members in the forums. Also a person can comment right on the article itself, to voice their opinion. Im not sure what you more you could want?

It seems to me your issue is with the current Freddy DLC. Listen, Drama is good. Look at all the activity it promotes in the community. You cannot please 100% of the fans 100% of the time. Im sure NRS EXPECTED this reaction. Just look at DCUniverse and Kratos announcements. Be glad WB bought Midway and MK didnt go extinct! They have done great things with MK. Why not try embracing there brand and properties? Look how long Freddy and Superman have been around!??!!?!?! Im glad the characters i love are in THEIR universe, because it most likely means that they are here to stay FOREVER!!!!

1, 2, Freddys Koming for You!

Thanks, I understand what you said. And you nailed what I was trying to say about FANSITES becoming OFFICIAL...
Just don't expect Pat to do anything about it because I'm pretty sure that he's fine with Freddy.

Oh, and I'm not your "dear." :p

It isnt Pat's opinion but the community opinion that I was talking about, then again if a poll showed that a lot of people are happy with that clown....

Oh,in England, "dear" is used a form of politeness so chill "dudess".

LOL Girl got owned

LOL you're adding no valuable input to this topic.

Still, in response to the OP, it's already very well known to NRS that some people love Freddy and some hate him. But you also have to understand that the decision likely wasn't entirely theirs. I'm pretty sure WB had something to do with it too....

LOL you're adding no valuable input to this topic.

Still, in response to the OP, it's already very well known to NRS that some people love Freddy and some hate him. But you also have to understand that the decision likely wasn't entirely theirs. I'm pretty sure WB had something to do with it too....

Yep, Big man up there (Draxxon) said the samething. I understood what he said...I for myself dont want any more DLC kharakter (save them for MK 10) after the 4th one and I was really hoping for it to be Cyborg Smoke or any other MK based kharakter. Freddy annoucement was just a big Back, Down + 1 (Johnny Cage)....

But yh I have the feeling that MK fansites are more with devs than fans nowadays.

I really can't believe Freddy pissed so many people off. I'm pumped cuz i think he's sweet, so does my opinion matter? I think what alot of people forget about is that...ITS A VIDEO GAME. Jesus it's meant to be for fun. Just a shame that's all.

I'm sure NRS know about the fans somewhat mixed reaction to Freddy Krueger - Some people love it, some people hate it, some people don't care.

But you can rest assured, if Boon didn't know before, he certainly does now. This was taken from Twitter a short time ago:

noobde said:
RT @xSIKBeAsTXx @noobde **** freddy, ur gonna lose so much fans if u add him 2 the official roster of mortal kombat Noobde: Oh no! Not that!

I'm sure NRS know about the fans somewhat mixed reaction to Freddy Krueger - Some people love it, some people hate it, some people don't care.

But you can rest assured, if Boon didn't know before, he certainly does now. This was taken from Twitter a short time ago:

yeh, I'm pretty sure he's being sarcastic, he's used to fans criticizing everything, what else is new

EDIT: it was supposed to show the quote with Ed's tweet too, sorry