Metal Gear Solid

You don't really need anyone to help you beat Peace Walker. I beat it twice on my PSP and a third time to get the platinum on the PS3 by myself. But then again, I know where to farm the best soldiers and how to develop the *best* weapons that facilitate beating the game. I can help you out, just give me a date. I'm on summer break till late August.

I'm pretty happy. Should have both the Japanese and US versions of MGS Legacy as well as the Metal Gear Solid 3 Extreme Box I ordered a while back coming in. Took me forever to find a place that carries the Extreme Box and ships to the US. I might make an unboxing video once I get it.

Last edited:
What's in the Extreme box? I've only heard of the Premium Edition.

I actually was bidding on a UK Premium Edition of MGS1, but it went up to $100 so I wasn't going to bother with it and just spent the extra 90 bucks for the Gray Fox figure.

What's in the Extreme box? I've only heard of the Premium Edition.

I actually was bidding on a UK Premium Edition of MGS1, but it went up to $100 so I wasn't going to bother with it and just spent the extra 90 bucks for the Gray Fox figure.

It's a four disc set. First disc is the original MGS3 speedrun on Extreme. Second disc is a commentary by Hideo Kojima. Third disc is a tips and tricks video. Disc number four is a making of MGS3 video. The box also comes with a Naked Snake Kubrick with the Croc Cap and a "Story of MGS" book.

Was it unopened? That's a really good price if so. This game shop by my house was selling an opened one for $100. After this, I'm definitely going to buy the MGS1 Pilot Disc. Once I have that i'm going to chill out on buying MGS stuff. I've spent a lot of money the past few months on my collection lol.

Was it unopened? That's a really good price if so. This game shop by my house was selling an opened one for $100. After this, I'm definitely going to buy the MGS1 Pilot Disc. Once I have that i'm going to chill out on buying MGS stuff. I've spent a lot of money the past few months on my collection lol.

Naw, it was opened. Actually a vast majority of the MGS1 UK Premium Edition boxes are damaged. This one wasn't too badly damaged though. I've seen a lot worse.

After buying that Gray Fox figure and pre-ordering MGSLC, I too am taking a break from getting MGS stuff. Shit is mad expensive.

Me and a few friends were talking about our favorite video game characters and I brought up how Gray Fox has always been my favorite character out of any video game series. I thought he was bad ass and I still do. He was actually my child hood hero. He might have not of been that great in PO but I even really like his character in MG2 and then in MGS1 he was just phenomenal. He really was a tortured soul. Without Gray Fox, I highly doubt that Snake would have been able to destroy the radome on Rex. Fox's final words are just too damn good too. It's so sad but so good. He went out like a champ. I actually even like Fox over any of the Snakes.

I still even have my original copy of VR Missions and my Mcfarlane figure of Gray Fox from when I was a kid. I also had Solid Snake, Meryl, Ocelot, Sniper Wolf and Mantis. I was missing Raven and Liquid. I couldn't find them anywhere. I have no idea what happened to all the other figures, but Gray Fox stuck around the whole time!
I just had to get the Play Arts Kai version since it's been far too long since they've made a Gray Fox figure. I missed out when they were cheap and now the Red and Blue alt version comes with an extra head to the regular version (his face is showing in the extra head). But it will not be till a long ass time till I get one of those because they're around $400 on eBay.

I even remember getting VR Missions and booting up the game and seeing the main menu with the orange circle light up then you see Gray Fox. I was fvcking pumped. I couldn't wait to get to play as Fox. After days of finally beating all the missions I needed too, I played those 3 short levels over and over and over again. I couldn't tell you how many times I just played those 3 levels over and over again. When getting to the main menu for the second time, the pic of Fox in the menu now has his face showing.

I actually had something like that as my lock and home screen on my phone.

AAAAAANNNND here's a video of me doing the second mission of killing 30 gnome soldiers without any alerts.

(warning, the audio sounds like shit because fraps sucks)

One thing I love about a new MG being announced is the amount of rumors and speculation that starts flying. One of them is that in MGSV you don't actually play as Big Boss and instead you're actually playing as Grey Fox. Personally I don't believe it and don't want it to happen, but I gotta respect the guys that go out of their way to try and prove it otherwise. Some of it is just plain stupid though lol.

One thing I love about a new MG being announced is the amount of rumors and speculation that starts flying. One of them is that in MGSV you don't actually play as Big Boss and instead you're actually playing as Grey Fox. Personally I don't believe it and don't want it to happen, but I gotta respect the guys that go out of their way to try and prove it otherwise. Some of it is just plain stupid though lol.

There's also this video that debunks that.
I think we'll see Frank Jaeger show up, but I don't think it's him that we play as.

There's also this video that debunks that.
I think we'll see Frank Jaeger show up, but I don't think it's him that we play as.

Yeah, I've seen it, and then they both follow up w/ a rebuttal video. The other guy also has a new video that was a rebuttal to Yong's rebuttal but I haven't seen that one yet. Apparently he found something to back up his "Vapor" Snake theory; I can't help but laugh whenever I say that lol. I do think Fox will make an appearance as well though, since isn't this around the time he's already with Boss?

I'm all for playing as Frank. I'd gladly take Fox over Snake any day.

I don't mind playing as him either, its just the whole "You're not really playing as Snake, you're playing as Fox the whole time" twist that I don't wanna see happen. Since it's supposed to be about Snake turning into a "villain" I don't wanna experience that with another character. Then again, even if it did turn out to be Fox all along, I'd still buy the game lol.

I swear, somewhere Kojima is looking at all the forums talking about this with a smug grin and a sweaty but weirdly satisfied face.

I'm all for playing as Frank. I'd gladly take Fox over Snake any day.

I'm all for it too, but maybe in a spin-off game.
MGSV is supposed to be the link between MGS: PW and Metal Gear 1 (NES), and I really want to see how Big Boss turns bad, as mkray41 said.
MGSV will open the doors for the possibility of MGS6 (hopefully the remake of MG1 and MG2: Solid Snake), and the possibility of being able to play as young Solid Snake again for one last time, to bring the series back full-circle.

I'm all for it too, but maybe in a spin-off game.
MGSV is supposed to be the link between MGS: PW and Metal Gear 1 (NES), and I really want to see how Big Boss turns bad, as mkray41 said.
MGSV will open the doors for the possibility of MGS6 (hopefully the remake of MG1 and MG2: Solid Snake), and the possibility of being able to play as young Solid Snake again for one last time, to bring the series back full-circle.

With that in mind, what do you think will happen after the series is done? Metal Gear Rising may or may not be getting a sequel. That remake of MG1 and MG2 would wrap up the story arc. I don't know what else they could do...

With that in mind, what do you think will happen after the series is done? Metal Gear Rising may or may not be getting a sequel. That remake of MG1 and MG2 would wrap up the story arc. I don't know what else they could do...

I would love for Kojima to wrap up the story with a remake of MG1 and MG2, which would cover the whole Zanzibar Land situation better, introduce Frank Jaeger and the battle between him and Snake in the minefield, and end with Solid Snake (supposedly) taking down Big Boss (since we know he's alive in MGS4) and destroying Outer Heaven.

From then on, Kojima would have closed the series and tied up all lose ends, and can freely do ZOE 3 or Psychonauts or Castlevania or something else.

I would love for Kojima to wrap up the story with a remake of MG1 and MG2, which would cover the whole Zanzibar Land situation better, introduce Frank Jaeger and the battle between him and Snake in the minefield, and end with Solid Snake (supposedly) taking down Big Boss (since we know he's alive in MGS4) and destroying Outer Heaven.

From then on, Kojima would have closed the series and tied up all lose ends, and can freely do Snatcher 2 or Snatcher remake or Snatcher or something else that involves Snatcher.

Fixed that for you.

Also. I didn't post this because I didn't want to multipost, but now I'll post it.

Metal Gear Solid: Legacy Collection is a waste of time and money.

I get to Gamestop at 10am on Tuesday morning and come to find out that Gamestop missed their shipment for the Legacy Collection. Not just my Gamestop. EVERY Gamestop in the country apparently did. I saw hundreds of people on Konami's Facebook page complaining how they didn't get their copies because of Gamestop's missed shipment.

I ended up cancelling my order from there and going to a local store who had it.

I get it, I get home and put in the voucher code for MGS1 and VR Missions (yes, they're download codes, not on the discs themselves) and the code doesn't work. Said the code was invalid.

I waited till the Playstation Store updated and the code worked....50% of it anyways. VR Missions is the only one to show up. MGS1 wasn't there.

Konami said to call Sony to get a new code and guess what!? Sony just points the finger at Konami, and Konami points the finger at Sony. So guess who got fvcked out of his favorite game of all time? I did and so did countless people.

The Legacy Collection is not even worth it. Buy VR Missions on eBay and watch the DGN on Youtube or something. The Legacy Collection is not worth the fvcking hassle.

Last edited:
Wow!
Sorry to hear that, nemesis.

If that's such a hassle, why not get the HD Collection and download MGS1 from the PSN store for $10?
The HD Collection should be about $30 - $35, the last time I checked, IIRC.

Well it's a little too late now for all of that. How was I supposed to know that the Legacy Collection was going to be a push over?

Well it's a little too late now for all of that. How was I supposed to know that the Legacy Collection was going to be a push over?

You can't return it to GS and get your money back?
If something's wrong with the Collection, shouldn't you be able to return it?

Wut? No. I didn't get it from Gamestop. I cancelled my order there and went to another store. And if it was Gamestop, still no. You can't return new games at any store.

All in all, I got fvcked and there's nothing I can do about it besides giving Konami an extra $10 for a game that I should have gotten with my LC.

Wut? No. I didn't get it from Gamestop. I cancelled my order there and went to another store. And if it was Gamestop, still no. You can't return new games at any store.

All in all, I got fvcked and there's nothing I can do about it besides giving Konami an extra $10 for a game that I should have gotten with my LC.

Damn.
Sorry to hear that, bro. :(

Vamping this thread because Phantom Pain of course:

The Japanese Kojima Station is gonna show off the E3 Phantom Pain demo that was shown behind closed doors tomorrow. The link for those interested is below; currently its counting down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y32F3jIMEUk

The guys demoing the game will be English, so no language problems. Not sure if Kojima and crew will be talking over it, or if they'll just show the raw footage. The English Kojima Station comes out the next day and I'm sure they won't say anything over it.

That Phantom Pain gameplay demo, coupled with the new trailer, made me very excited. In more ways than one.

I still need to know who Ishmael is. He and Big Boss shared the same voice actor. My money is on Solidus. Nobody has mentioned Solidus Snake. He was the perfect clone of Big Boss.