List of fastest moves...framerate data

aj327

I was wondering if we could compile a thread that lists framerate data for the characters. For instance I just read in another thread that Stryker has the fastest uppercut in the game. I've also read that Johnny Cage has the second fastest uppercut. (This is hearsay so I don't know if that's really accurate or not.) I don't know if the information is publicly available or not but it if someone has the info it would be nice to have...perhaps in this format:

Fastest uppercuts:
1) Stryker; framerate data
2) Johnny Cage; framerate data
3) etc
4) etc
5) etc

Fastest Specialty move:
1) KL Spin?...etc

Fastest Wakeup:
etc, etc

Fastest whatever...
etc.

In addition to attack speeds, it would also be helpful to know how long a character remains open to attack after whiffing an attack. For instance Scorpion's recovery time after throwing a spear is pretty short so unless I'm right next to him when he throws it (and I'm playing a character that doesn't have a teleport) then I usually can't punish him.

As I'm writing this I'm realizing that this would be quite the beast of a thread to compile. As an alternative, if people do have this information and are willing to take the time to share it, maybe it could be included in the character stickies. Though I think having it all in one place would be better for easier reference. Basically each character's move list with framerate data for both attack and recovery.

The reason I think this would be nice info to have is that I often run into situations where even after a character whiffs an attack I still can't counter - or can't counter with the more damaging combos at least. If I try to do JC's 2,1,F2 after Scorpion whiffs his overhead for instance, it usually gets blocked. Kind of annoying since his overhead is so fast and can then combo into a spear if it hits. Though I could just be too slow...that's why the framerate data would be helpful. It would save a lot of trial and error time.

I've seen some of Tom Brady's posts on testyourmight I believe it was and he used notation like so and so is +2 on this attack or -1 after this attack, etc. so I imagine the information must be out there somewhere.

ive only seen frame data on ermac thus far. not sure if people have it all yet.

tho i admit id love to have it.

....Why can't we just play the game and not do....this stuff?

People on this forum love to discuss about gameplay. Me, I don't know shit about it. I just play Mortal Kombat kause I been a big fan of MK for the since I was a little kid, it's fun, and I love to story. I love to discuss the story tho;).

why not dscuss this stuff? it might seem unfun for some but for someone like me i love breaking down the mechanics of a game to its base level and see how it works. For some people they would just choose the person with the most useful fast moves i guess, but for me it would just teach me what to use when vs whom, and i like that, takes the guesswork out.

....Why can't we just play the game and not do....this stuff?

I know - seems it's taking all the joy away doesn't it? What can I say...I'm a numbers guy. And if we're going to have character threads that go into nauseating detail about combos and damage percentages etc., it seems a natural extension to know just how fast each move is too. I can understand your point though :).

I just need data on Johnny Cage!

You're in luck. Check the link in my previous post. Over at testyourmight many of the characters have their moves' frame rates listed. But apparently this is a moving target. According to some of the posters over there, the new patch will be tweaking framerates for most of the characters so it looks like things are still in flux - which I think speaks well of NRS. I think they really are trying their absolute best to balance out the game.

Anyone who looks up Kabal frame data on TYM dont bother, I did it wrong and my PVR makes it all inaccurate, just a heads up