Let's discuss Wastelands, Courtyard and the Armory rebuilds :)

RodozUl

The new representations of this levels have overwhelmed me. I'm very happy of what I'm seeing :) The art departament is doing an awesome work here.

Wastelands.

The concept of this stage was not just to rebuild this stage as it looked in MK2, they have developed a really impressive new concept.

The old concepts, as the statue, the padoga castles and the impaled corpses are still remaining. The new, a huge dead monster that looks pretty similar to a Rancor creature (Star wars),
wastelands.png

another thing that has surprised me a lot is that I've never imagined this scenario over the sea waves at beach. I've never seen something like that in any fighting game. The wrecked ships looks also fantastic. Badass!
wastelands2.png

The Courtyard.

Really impressive graphics here. I love the landscape, those mountains in middle of sea and some birds flying around far away. Impressive details in the masked guards following the battle in an intimidating possition. Each monk see the battle from its possition, nice!

Look the differences and similitudes, nice details in the place where Shang Tsung is sat, including the golden dragon statues.

courtyard.png

The Armory

Pretty cool scenario. I've realized that here is where the MK logo is built. It emerges from the lava being pulled with two chains, cool :)

I've found two "mans" working out there, surely they are building the weapons or somewhat like that. I'm pretty sure that they are exactly like the guys that you see in the Dead Pool pulling the chains with a crank
armoryf.png

Now I'm waiting for :
Kombat_Tomb.png
Kombat Tomb
Portal.png
The Portal (in Outworld)
The_Soul_Chamber.png
Soul Chamber
The_tower.png
The Tower (I love this one)

Just this and I'm done :D

Give me your opinions :)

I hope thats not the Wasteland, I like the stage, but it doesn't remind me of the Wasteland. I want it to be barren and dark with scavenging Tarkatans and lightning.

niiicee..!!

thanks for posting these comparison pictures!!

i like/want:

kombat tomb: love the colours/spike roof fatality
Soul chamber:Also nice colours

This is shaping up to be the best looking fighting game ever!!

I am waiting for Pit I remake... and I hope Shang Tsung's garden isn't the same as The Warrior Shrine...

very nice stages i must say! Wasteland or not this stage looks amazing in my book! ...but i'd like to see Noob's Dorfen more than anything else and also those Blue Portal with bridge and cliffs near it from UMK3...

this...
3.png

2.png

1.png

and this...
1.png

2.png

3.png

very nice stages i must say! Wasteland or not this stage looks amazing in my book!

my friend there's no doubt that are Wastelands... just look the old man statue.. the impaled men.. the fire... the purple night... the pagoda castle.... everything fits, the only new things are the wrecked ships, the beach and the dead monster.

The stage you're promoting is cool ;)

Hope it be included also :)

Agreed to everything stated above. I have a feeling the Soul Chamber will directly be under the graveyard because of the souls that come out if you saw the Beat Down Lui Kang trailer.

Agreed to everything stated above. I have a feeling the Soul Chamber will directly be under the graveyard because of the souls that come out if you saw the Beat Down Lui Kang trailer.

A possible Uppercut to a different stage, there?

The Desert is my Favourite so far, as your visual gets slightly more effected through out the fight.

Plus I am a Cyrax fan and that level will by my go to level with Cyrax.

I am looking at the darkest levels for Reptile to use the invisibility on, the wastelands, The pit, the armoury, the desert etc.

+Rep, thanks for the side by side images.

I dislike the Wasteland. The thing that was so great about MK2's Dead Pool, Kombat Tomb, and Wasteland was the minimalist additions to the artwork. The original Wasteland felt like a barren... ahem... wasteland, full of isolation and dread. This new Wasteland feels entirely too busy. Where you could see for miles in the original, your eyes are too focused on all of the surroundings -- let alone the gigantic ship that's looming in the background. Where you felt isolated in the original, you know feel overwhelmed by the re-imagining. It's visually impressive, but has a different feel -- I'm not a fan. Chalk this up with the Bell Tower's re-imagining as one of my favorites that feels off.

Now, this said, the Armory looks fantastic. Could we possibly see that smelter as a stage fatality? The Courtyard actually looks terrific, which I did not expect. A very cut and paste, yet creative revision of a classic.

I'm still keeping the Dead Pool and the Church at the top of my lists. I'm hoping the Kombat Tomb makes an appearance.

I could really care less about the Armory. It's been redone more than just about any stage and they all look almost exactly the same. It's one thing with places like the Dead Pool and the Pit since we got to see modernized versions of their fatalities, but the Armory is simply eye candy, so having a modernized version isn't nearly as cool.

The stages are really true to their retro counterparts. And I agree with OP, I really wanna see the remakes of the tomb, portal, tower and soul chamber.