Left 4 Dead series

Zoidberg747

I love this series and recently got back into playing it. I only have left for dead 1 since I sold 2, but feel free to post up if you want to play 2 with people as well.

If anyone wants to play left 4 dead 1 though, my GT is Zoidberg747.

Feel free to discuss anything about the left 4 dead series as well :p

Last edited:
Why would you sell L4D2?
I like the characters and setting way better in L4D1. I sold L4D2 to buy Mortal Kombat, and I was just tired of L4D2.
It made things complicated, I like that there is only 5 special infected in L4D1, the Tanks and Witches make it challenging.

Plus L4D2 sells for way more money lol.

love this series. ALmost as muchas I do TF2. I really need to get back into it again. But I'm always playing TF2 and now the new elder scrolls is coming out, so I guess I will have to wait a little while longer before getting back into it.

I make a big deal out of this because for me, once I start playing L4D, I get hooked on it and wont play other games for a while. For me, L4D is one of those unique games that require you to shut off all past experiences of other shooters, and get used to L4D's fast paced and sometimes stressfull gameplay.Stressfull being mostly when you play as the Infected, because you always have to make sure you dont miss your opprotunity, otherwise you look like a failure and let your team down.

I still prefer the sequel over the first one. Every campaign I like in L4D2, but the only ones I ever played in the first game was No Mercy and Blood Harvest. Blood Harvest being my all time favorite campain next to Hard Rain. And Nick being my favorite character to play in part 2, and Louis in part 1.

I love the series, but I was a little dissapointed in the lack of updates. Sure The Passing and the Sacrifice were fun and all, but they were short as hell and thats all we got. But It's mostly dissapointing knowing valve made it, and they are usually known for having good updates and new content. I'm just saying, I would have liked them to expand the series more than they did. TF2 is fun and all, but they really need to focus on expanding their other series and stop adding pointless hats to TF2

anyone interested in playing L4D/L4D2, PM me and we'll play on steam. I just might want to get back into it again

My fav campaign out of all the left 4 dead would have to be hard rain. Its very intense and gets really hard as you exit the campaign.

I enjoy the campaigns in Left 4 Dead 2 more, but I love both games. Weren't they going to release DLC this month?

I'm shocked that theres not even a mention of Left 4 Dead 3 yet, I got out of playing not long after the Scarifice/Passing were released, I love this series, and I'm really hoping a single sequel is as far as they're going with this, I'd love to see part 3 or al least some new DLC.

Left 4 Dead Official Thread

This site not having a Left 4 Dead thread brings a tear to my eye.

Anyways Left 4 Dead is a zombie-killing hell of a ride for Xbox 360 and PC. It places 4 survivors of the zombie apocalypse into a town and they try to find their way to an evac while facing loads of problems.

742823-l4d_nomercy_movie_poster_super.jpg

Left 4 Dead places 4 survivors who are immune to the outbreak trying to escape Pennsylvania. None of the survivors know each other so it was difficult to communicate when the outbreak started.

Survivors

Bill
Bill-232x300.jpg
Aged in his late fifties or early sixties, Bill is the oldest of all the Survivors. He is a Vietnam veteran who fought in the U.S. Army 1st Special Forces Group and his combat skills have helped to keep him alive. He wears an olive green military beret, a matching jacket with a stained white shirt underneath, dark gray-brown pants, and jungle boots.

Francis
Francis(1).jpg
Francis is a tough biker with tattoos covering his arms and neck. His tattoos identify him as a member of "Hell's Legion," a name possibly inspired by the real-world Hell's Angels Motorcycle Club. He wears a black leather vest over a white tank top, fingerless gloves, black jeans and boots.

Louis
Louis_-%u00252529.jpg
Louis' original concept was an assistant manager at a local retail electronics chain store. His design was later changed, and he was made a Junior Systems Analyst in his company's IT department. His clothing resembles that of a typical business man, but seems to emulate Shaun from Shaun of the Dead, who wore a red tie and white shirt, and was an assistant manager at a local retail electronics chain store. He keeps the sleeves rolled up and the tie loose, and also wears a black watch on his left wrist.

Zoey
Zoey_Profile.png
Zoey was in her first year of college prior to the outbreak which makes her at least 18 years old―or slightly older depending on her college entry age. Her backstory reveals that she was ostensibly studying movie making on a scholarship, her parents were divorced and that she had a somewhat closer relationship to and more shared interests with her father―a city police officer. She wears a reddish-pink track jacket, blue jeans, Converse shoes and keeps her hair tied up in a ponytail.

Special Infected
Sure you can have normal infected, but putting these zombies in only makes it better.

The Hunter
250px-Hunter_1.png
The Hunter is a Special Infected that is not as mutated on the outside. The Hunter is extremely fast and agile, capable of quickly scaling walls. Additionally, he can pounce and pin down Survivors, clawing at their abdomen until either the victim is dead or the Hunter has been knocked off or killed by another Survivor

The Boomer
left4dead_boomer_.jpg
The Boomer is a Special Infected that vomits a special bile at Survivors, which temporarily blinds them and draws Common Infected to them. At a distance the Boomer isn't much of a threat; his large size and low health make him an easy target against any weapon at mid or long range. However, if within range he can vomit on Survivors, attracting the Horde. When he dies, he explodes, covering any Survivors who are close enough with bile

I'll edit the post tomorrow and finish up because I'm too tired to finish this thread tonight.​

I admit, I laughed, lol.

No worries, I just merged it, and you made a great post, by the way =)

Anyways, I haven't played these games yet. I am a hardcore RE fan and get bitter when I see other zombie games.

Irrational? Perhaps, but RE for life <3

L4D is an awesome game WITH FRIENDS.

Playing online with randoms without mics feels no different than playing with AI controlled partners.

L4D1 is better than 2 to me because of the characters.

I don't like Rochelle. Coach is nothing special. Nick and Ellis are awesome though.

In L4D1 I was always Zoey or Francis. Louis and Bill are awesome as well.