Lack of.....

Johnny_Hardwood

I just wanted to know you guys opinion on the lack of Mk4 characters nd lack of females within MkX SO FAR. I know the roster isnt even out yet but judging by the way its shaping up and the "leaks"all the returning character slots will be filled by characters not introduced in Mk4. As for females I count Kitana, Cassie, Jacqui, Mileena(maybe) , Sindel(prolly not playable), Dvorah And Ferra(non playable) making that potentially 5 females playable.

Now I assume a good part of MkX is the Mk4 storyline which explains why Cage, Jax, and Sonya(non playable) are present and Liu Kang
(100% Positive). But alot of the characters revealed so far have been from Mk9(Mk1-3 retelling) and not from Mk4- Deception
Would like to see Kai, Frost, Tanya, Li Mei,Fujin(prolly dlc) Havik(dlc) and Reiko(prolly dlc) to make the game cuz they have so much potentially.

I think there's a severe lack of MK4-MKA characters in this game. My top two are of course Reiko and Tanya, would love to see them return, but I'd also like to see Nitara, Hotaru, Havik, Fujin, and maybe even Bo'Rai Cho and Taven.

Characters like Dairou, Darrius, Frost, Hsu Hao, Li Mei, Mokap and Kobra can stay away though.

I think there's a severe lack of MK4-MKA characters in this game. My top two are of course Reiko and Tanya, would love to see them return, but I'd also like to see Nitara, Hotaru, Havik, Fujin, and maybe even Bo'Rai Cho and Taven.

Characters like Dairou, Darrius, Frost, Hsu Hao, Li Mei, Mokap and Kobra can stay away though.

Havik & Fujin should be in inmho, Noobs mk9 ending was so awesome, I really hope they're going to do something with it, and give Havik a chance.

But Reiko and maybe even a redesigned Kai would be nice for MKX. If Reiko & Fujin are both not playable im gonna be shocked.

As for Hotaru, I always thought he was one of the koolest new guys, especially since Cyrax didnt make it in MKD, I played a lot with his Alt so it looked like a cyborg lol

Fujin honestly should be in. You can't expect me to believe that they weren't able to fit him in the story because that's just not true. There is absolutely no reason why they wouldn't be able to include him in this game, they have tons of potential for creative variations, he's a well liked character.. What the hell are they waiting for?

More than likely he will have a cameo in story or something as an NPC (in fact he has had more cameo appearances than he has playable..) or will later become DLC. It's just frustrating to see NRS tease this character time and time again and every time he isn't in people say "Oh, he'll be in the next game for sure. Just wait" and what happens? The same exact shit.

But then again, I could be totally wrong and he could actually be in the game. Highly doubtful though

I just wanted to know you guys opinion on the lack of Mk4 characters nd lack of females within MkX SO FAR. I know the roster isnt even out yet but judging by the way its shaping up and the "leaks"all the returning character slots will be filled by characters not introduced in Mk4. As for females I count Kitana, Cassie, Jacqui, Mileena(maybe) , Sindel(prolly not playable), Dvorah And Ferra(non playable) making that potentially 5 females playable.

Now I assume a good part of MkX is the Mk4 storyline which explains why Cage, Jax, and Sonya(non playable) are present and Liu Kang
(100% Positive). But alot of the characters revealed so far have been from Mk9(Mk1-3 retelling) and not from Mk4- Deception
Would like to see Kai, Frost, Tanya, Li Mei,Fujin(prolly dlc) Havik(dlc) and Reiko(prolly dlc) to make the game cuz they have so much potentially.

What is this word & what does it mean? Is it English?

Yeah, I'm very disappointed at the lack of female characters, but I'm hoping that when the game does finally release that we have a wider variety of playable females.

What is this word & what does it mean? Is it English?

Yeah, I'm very disappointed at the lack of female characters, but I'm hoping that when the game does finally release that we have a wider variety of playable females.

Short for Probably

Mileena, Jacqui, Kitana, Cassie and Dvorah make 5 females and we havent even seen the full roster. Mk9 had 6 females at launch. By the looks of it, we could get more at launch than MK9 so Im not going to complain. As for post mk3 characters, I never really cared for much of them.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

MKX could have potentially 6 female characters in it: Cassie, Jacqui, D'Vorah, Mileena, Kitana, Sonya (there's too many hints at he being playable).
As for post-MK3 debut characters, while I'd like more than Quan Chi, Kenshi and Shinnok, it is what it is I guess.
I'd love to see Fujin come in at least as DLC, but if not then I'll just stick to the 8 new characters that we have in MKX.

Arguing about you should return from the 3D era is an eternal discussion, since we all have different tastes and no-one should be so rightful about it. I for one love Taven and I sooo can see him revamped in a pretty awesome way (time stopping moves and dragon summonings), but almost everyone hates Taven. I too dislike Frost but many people love her for example.

For X, I would AT LEAST expect MK4 characters apart from the very obvious ones. It's unforgivable for me that Fujin, Tanya and Reiko seem to be absent in the roster. Don't give me wrong but the roster is LITERALLY made of mostly MK9 returning characters, 8 new and 1 from the 3D era (Shinnok, that we know he's in for sure). That's extremely unbalanced.

NRS and many people seem to be forgetting that even the 3D games have beloved fans (I for one ADORED Deception). Your opinion is not a fact or the same of everyone else's...

I'm glad MK gained new fans with the 3D series but I prefer the original and it's previous characters. Don't get me wrong here, I do like Kenshi and Quan Chi's advancement but the fighters from the 3D games did nothing for me.

So you're saying that using made up, nonsensical words isn't strange? It must be awfully hard to put the effort in to type eight letters instead of six. Ah, who am I kidding; being articulate is definitely a quality no one should want to have!

Last edited:
On the topic of female and 3D characters...

I don't think we'll get any 3D characters besides Quan, Kenshi, and Shinnok. DLC is another story though. And the more I think about it, the more I believe that Tanya, Li Mei, and maybe even Frost have the best chance at being in the game. Why?

There's gotta be at least one female DLC character, maybe even two, since NRS is trying to make their female characters a lot more realistic. And really, what female character choices do we have for DLC?

-Jade is dead, and Kitana has taken up most of her moves in her mournful variation.
-Sindel? Idk, judging by the fact that her in game model is a touched up version of her MK9 costume, I don't think she'll be in. Even Rain got a new costume and he's rumored to be an NPC.
-Love Skarlet, but I'm thinking she's a one time deal. :(
-NRS thinks Sheeva is a joke, unfortunately.

So who could be DLC then?
-Tanya apparently just missed out on DLC in MK9, and she seems to be highly requested.
-Li Mei was in the story trailer. Although she may be another NPC, there have been hints towards her.
-Frost had some prevalence in the comics, plus there's that pic of her floatin around that may be fake may be real?

There probably won't be any female guest characters, and this puts some 3D guys at a disadvantage, since there's more competition. There are many guest chars and also some guys from MK9 who didn't make the cut, who may bump someone like Fujin or Reiko from the roster.