Krypt to return?

Hansplusmatic

http://twitter.com/hecterrific/status/25444901440

Hec's tweets are blocked unless you're following him.
The tweet says "Best. Krypt. Ever."

Is he hinting towards a krypt return? or is he flat out telling us?
It seems odd that he would just leak that info, but you never know.

Anyway, this thread is for discussion of the krypt in MK (2011) and what you'd like to see.
From Hec's tweet, I guess we can have pretty high expectations.

kergon

this would be one of the top 5 features I would ask to return in the new game. Makes sense since I read that they're bringing back the 'coin' system in the new game. I'll try to find out exactly where i read that.

I loved the old krypt, so awesome.

Patrick McCarron

TRMK Admin, Co-founder
Staff member
Yeah the Krypt has been confirmed to be coming back in some form since E3 or so. We just have no idea what they are doing to it this time around. It almost sounds like you ran run around it with a character with some of the hints we've been hearing.

Destroyer_13

the krypt is awesome. i hope its in mk9. it would be cool if you could unlock new fatalities or other finishing moves in the krypt.

Hansplusmatic

Yeah the Krypt has been confirmed to be coming back in some form since E3 or so. We just have no idea what they are doing to it this time around. It almost sounds like you ran run around it with a character with some of the hints we've been hearing.

Wow that sounds interesting. Link?
Wouldn't it be cool if the krypt was one big puzzle made up of many sections? Upon completion of each section, you unlock something new.

rocky

BANALITY
i saw an interview with edd boon saying the crypt is going to be really big and detailed this time round, so yes its in there

Commander

Wow that sounds interesting. Link?
Wouldn't it be cool if the krypt was one big puzzle made up of many sections? Upon completion of each section, you unlock something new.

Sounds interesting, since Ed Boon did mention in previous interviews that there would be a unique unlocking method, to this Krypt.