Konquest Mode

Kokoro

So, this game lacks Konquest Mode and has Story Mode and Challenge Tower in it's place. The question is, if you this game had Konquest Mode, what would you want it to be like? I would have wanted something similar to Konquest Mod from Armageddon, but improved upon. Like maybe make it a little more closer to Shaolin Monks than it already was.

If anything, they would have made it like MK:DA's Konquest.

There is already a massive amount of content in this game.

The MK:D like Konquest will probably be saved for MK10.

Honestly, I'd rather have MK Konquest as a stand alone game. I mean it would be much better I think if they just worked really hard on this thing instead of rushing a small crappy konquest mode just to add a little more content.

Honestly, I'd rather have MK Konquest as a stand alone game. I mean it would be much better I think if they just worked really hard on this thing instead of rushing a small crappy konquest mode just to add a little more content.

Honestly all the MK konquest games were awesome, I never felt them to be small and crappy. I would have liked to see a konquest mode in MK 9, but there is already so much content! Maybe in MK 10 like <-<-<-LP stated. I also hope they make a new action game like shaolin monks, but with different characters (kitana & Jade in edenia during the rule of king jerrod followed by the invasion of shao kahn, Raiden a Fujin, during the war between Shinnok and the elder gods, etc...) so much lore, so many possibilities. Go go Netherrealm studios! You have work to do :top:

^^ @ Etryus YES!!!!

I'd love a new MK action game where you'd get to pick your characters!

really? MK9 was massive in content? the krypt was small...nekropolis was pointless....challenge tower..obvious filler....only real content they put in was story mode and the "test your" games

konquest mode from deception was amazing, traveling/exploring all the realms...i swear i spent hours on hours just walking around finding things...armageddon had a cool konquest mode too....

i wish NRS had done away with the stupid challenge tower, made mileena's 3rd alternate a secret unlockable and then focus on a story mode where you could change the events of the 3 tournaments...we already knew that liu kang wins but what if you could choose another character to win, just adding a bunch of "what if" situations and then you could see how your actions changed outcomes of the mortal kombat...give it like 15 different endings or something....like how heavy rain did...because the story mode was ok in this but it could have gone deeper...basically i felt like i was just fighting to get to the next cut scene after a awhile...

I would personally like to see a MK:D-like konquest mode return. It really gave you chance to see the world of MK and it was really cool, but problem is we've seen it already. They would have to drastically change things from what was in MK:D.

If anything, they would have made it like MK:DA's Konquest.

There is already a massive amount of content in this game.

The MK:D like Konquest will probably be saved for MK10.

IMO it should be like Armageddon's. Deceptions was too much like a glorified training mode to me.

IMO it should be like Armageddon's. Deceptions was too much like a glorified training mode to me.

Armageddon was WAY too linear to me.

In Deception I could go anywhere I wanted. Punch anyone I wanted, and complete missions for whoever I wanted.

I would much rather play an amazing story mode like MK9 than have a Konquest mode. I personally also like the Challenge Tower.

However, with the assets and engine already finished, MK10 all they have to do is replicate MK9 with new characters, stages, fatalities and Story Mode. DLC will help in getting money and modeling some of the new characters/stages.

So maybe both the Challenge Tower and a Konquest could be in.

I loved story mode in this game, but I'd trade the story mode and challenge tower for an MK Deception style Konquest mode in a heart beat.

I would personally like to see a MK:D-like konquest mode return. It really gave you chance to see the world of MK and it was really cool, but problem is we've seen it already. They would have to drastically change things from what was in MK:D.

or they could expand on what they have already done, especially with the graphics...imagine the realms on a larger scale...the formula worked, now it just needs a polish

deception was far better than armageddon, just for the fact i could free roam or meditate for hours finding secret coins at certain times of day or night....and in sense you were shujinko who was in fact in training throughout his life..

Story mode should have taken place through Konquest gameplay. BAM PROBLEM SOLVED :D. Would also give you an option for two types of fighting styles, how sweet would that be? I know they were working on a SM type of title before that got canned, where you were Sub and Scorp. I think they could make that work after watching Sub's ending in the arcade, it would be an amazing game. I'm completely happy with the game as is, but Konquest in the only think I enjoyed playing in those 3D ps2 games.

It technically already has been. It's called Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks. I would love to see another game like that, whether it's stand-alone or not.

I think its better if Konquest: remained a stand-alone game. Shaolin Monks was great in my opinion, it'll be cool to see something like that be done on this gen of consoles.

As far as story...i'm not sure.

I'd like to see it focused though like the other games though. Maybe a Lin Quei or Shirai-Ryu game. Or Outworld tales or some shit.

I'd like a Konquest mode in the next one. Definitely was my favorite part of Deception and Armageddon. Can improve on Krypt content it was pretty much meh. I liked the Challenge Tower. Be cool if its in there again, and longer.