Killer Frosts 'Zoning', I'm having a hard time (tips please)

TwinSnakes89

As a Flash player I am having a really hard time with her ability to throw her ice daggers then her ice spike thing (I'm sorry I don't kow the inputs, I have never played as her lol). This is only a problem at full screen.

Let me explain my main strategy against zoners as The Flash. My best tool is to use his Back > Forward > Medium to close the gap but as it isn't full screen (buff please :p) I won't be able to make a connection and punish them but I can still block the next attacks. it punishes Deathstroke, Superman, Joker, Aquaman at medium distance, I always connect unless I balls the timing

But with Killer Frost if I can't make the connection I cant block the next attack after using his dash to close the distance. Its seems she can throw those daggers out stupidly fast and is able to catch me mid flight with her ice spike (I suppose the same would apply to Raven as she can grab full screen but I haven't come across enough to be sure). The same applies to just a standard dash (forward > forward) because at full screen she has already recovered from throwing the dagger before it passes me she can keep up the pressure with her ice spike or another dagger.

Tips for this before I angrily call her broken and demand a nerf :p

As a Flash player I am having a really hard time with her ability to throw her ice daggers then her ice spike thing (I'm sorry I don't kow the inputs, I have never played as her lol). This is only a problem at full screen.

Let me explain my main strategy against zoners as The Flash. My best tool is to use his Back > Forward > Medium to close the gap but as it isn't full screen (buff please :p) I won't be able to make a connection and punish them but I can still block the next attacks. it punishes Deathstroke, Superman, Joker, Aquaman at medium distance, I always connect unless I balls the timing

But with Killer Frost if I can't make the connection I cant block the next attack after using his dash to close the distance. Its seems she can throw those daggers out stupidly fast and is able to catch me mid flight with her ice spike (I suppose the same would apply to Raven as she can grab full screen but I haven't come across enough to be sure). The same applies to just a standard dash (forward > forward) because at full screen she has already recovered from throwing the dagger before it passes me she can keep up the pressure with her ice spike or another dagger.

Tips for this before I angrily call her broken and demand a nerf :p

my friend plays killer frost and i play flash, never been able to defeat him with flash but could with superman
back forward medium is punishable fyi
my problem isnt with her projectiles though its with her combos she can slide like sub zero and continue a combo or press forward + X which is probably the fastest overhead attack any character has and then continues combo she will keep u guessing will she hit low or overhead next so u always got 50% chance to block , i would say she is the melieena of injustice lol
her combos with 2 meters can do more than 40% damage

for getting close this is my strategy well 2 strategies:

1- always press down dash after the ice spike
2- always press down then jump after the ice spike then dont stop jumping till ur close

never jump after the daggers as you can be caught with the ice spikes right before u can jump

honestly i am giving up on flash he has a disadvantage against alot of characters
against killer frost i just decided to play dirty and spam lazers with superman from the air

Drop Flash for Wonder Woman:marchmellow:

There's no reason why you should be full screen against Killer Frost. Don't rely solely on dash to get in: use your trait, torpedo(don't spam this move because it's punishable on block), or his dash stance thing-a-magig. Flash is kinda like Johnny Cage, once your inside, just start pressing buttons. At mid range, her daggers and spike are punishable. Again, there's no reason why you should be backing up with Flash.

Simply put, you are playing flash wrong; he should always be in the op's face - ALWAYS. but that doesn’t mean go for big damage because that's not the Flash's game. Mix-ups all day and chip away at the life bar... There will be so much to think about that it will open them up for the big damage only to reset the pressure poke again – have patience. KF has a slow start up on her projectiles but the slide is way too good because it leads into full combos -- this is way you could always crouch block her. Try not to do the same mix-up over and over because once she is on to you its parry -> slide -> full combo.

Why is everyone making the assumption I purposefully back up. Yes I know the flash is never supposed to be full screen but sometimes it can't be helped. Get hit by a projectile? Gives them an opportunity to back up further. Throw an interactable. General throws. Clashes.....so many things give the opponent the opportunity to back up.

Not making that assumption - I'm saying that your up close game is no bueno - you get hit and pushed back because they are poking out of your strings, grabing you, and hitting you with projectiles. Use safe pokes to keep the pressure high - example: 1,1, grab - dash in low starter of your choice- grab - dash in d3, dash, 2 - 2,2, special - dash - grab - flash kick, flash kick, dash grab. If you get hit your running stance has 3 mix-ups - use them.

By the way- Flash would not win this match up (IMO) as it starts off on an up hill battle. You'll need a secondary.

Last edited:
Just be patient.

At full screen, use Flash's vibrate move. Frost telegraphs all of her projectiles so you should be able to vibrate on reaction. I'm not sure if vibrate evades her ground spike, though. Use torpedo to close the distance, block her projectiles then dash.

If she's purposefully backing up: dash with her. Frost's zoning isn't that great. You CAN get in. You just have to make the correct reads.

Flash's trait makes it impossible for Frost to play keep away against him.

Sorry for the double post.

Anyway, after toying around with this match up in practice for a few minutes I believe I found some tricks to help you out.

Forward jump her daggers at full screen. After you land, duck block to defend against a possible iceberg. If she continues to throw daggers: walk==>duck. She might try to slip in a iceberg to keep you guessing. Since iceberg has a slow recovery time, you should be able to dash afterward. You could also punish it with lightning charge from mid range, or activate trait. She'd be dumb to use projectiles in close range because you can jump and punish with a full combo.

Her slide is tough. On wake up, it has invincibility so you should definitely use MB F3/B3 after knocking her down.

That's all I have to offer.

Her slide is tough. On wake up, it has invincibility so you should definitely use MB F3/B3 after knocking her down.

Don't know about MB B3 - w/up Slide & MB B3 both have 1 hit inv, so the trade of armor leaves flash in the motion of the spin kick while KF use U3 death combo that can lead to 70% damage loss.

Don't know about MB B3 - w/up Slide & MB B3 both have 1 hit inv, so the trade of armor leaves flash in the motion of the spin kick while KF use U3 death combo that can lead to 70% damage loss.

Just checked it.

You're right. MB F3 is the better option. B3 has too much wind up.