Kenshi needs a BUFF, Raiden needs a teleport NERF

artofgarduno

I have been playing online since the game came out and still cant even touch Raiden players with his incredibly fast teleport. in the older MK game you had enough time to react to a teleport from raiden but now his TP is way to fast and you dont have time to thing about anything. Kung Lao is now perfectly balanced and very fair. Its almost impossible to punish Raidens TP.

Raidens teleport need about 3 more frames. His TP should be the same speed as Cyrax TP, because Cyrax TP has perfect timeing.

Kenshi needs a major buff, I still have not played one good Kenshi player online. I have been using Kenshi for awhile and still cant do to much damage with him. He lacks speed and agility.

Who agrees with me?

Either add some more frames to his teleport, or make his teleport have him be just outside of sweep range so they can't teleport then throw or sweep you.

raidens teleport was always punishable. before the patch, it was only punishable offline and only by very fast uppercuts and very fast special moves, and even then your timing had to be perfect. it was impossible to punish online.

after the patch, raidens teleport is easier to punish with some characters offline and much easier to punish with characters who have fast moves. online, its punishable by very fast moves but your timing has to be precise. kitana's d1 works everytime.

i wouldn't mine it having more recovery frames tho.

and I think kenshi is fine the way he is.

Kenshi is fine. I play as him all the time, just haven't played recently. He has a string, f2 2 b2, that lets you have a free, uninterruptable spirit charge when block, unless they have a fast special like reptiles should dash. And once they have been spirit charge you get a free teleslam that stuff wake up attacks, most of them. Examples of ones you can't are like Liu kang's. You usually want to end kombos with spirit charge, cuz you want to keep the opponent away, but that also depends on the opponent. Cyrax, for example, you want at like around jump distance, so you should end kombo with b2. Kenshi doesn't have much of a rush down, but that doesn't mean he can't do it. His corner game is pretty good imo.

I don't agree, but I'm too lazy to put a full analysis of why. Because i've done it thousands of times.

lol. I know how you feel man. threads like this are annoying lol. I've done it a thousands times also and people still cry about raiden. people are still crying about him after the patch. he got nerfed! that's wat y'all wanted right? why all the crying? lol

Does anyone even use Raiden these days?
Yes i do. raiden DOES not need nerfing at all. Hes fine and a fair player. To say he should not be able to sweep or throw you after a teleport is ridiculous. He would be next to useless if that was the case, most of his combos are fairly slow and his specials very easy to block or very hard to hit, unless the person fails to block. I wasnt aware Raiden was nerfed hadnt played in a while. it may explain why some shit i used to do didnt work or more realisticly im out of practice. All these nerf threads tut tut tut, what do people want no moves in the game at all.

Last edited:
Instead of creating more moves for the fighters to balance the game, the Netherrealm studios could (will) waste years with nerfing characters because of the gigantic "cry- and nerfculture". It could me so easy......

Raiden is absurd. He is the only character that forces every other character to just stand still blocking, hoping he makes a mistake. His wake up superman goes through everything. The teleport is ok offline so I won't cry about it, but when combined with everything else its like....seriously is it necessary?

Not to mention his superman can't be parried....yeeeeeah....that makes sense.

Raiden is absurd. He is the only character that forces every other character to just stand still blocking, hoping he makes a mistake. His wake up superman goes through everything. The teleport is ok offline so I won't cry about it, but when combined with everything else its like....seriously is it necessary?

Of course it necessary its what makes him a different character. Hes not undefeatable by any stretch of the imagination. Freddy Krueger is overpowered on the other hand.

I agree, raiden is way overpowered and unbalanced. You either have to stand there blocking or continuesly jumping through the whole match. Hes the cheapest character out there. He should be over a sweep distance away when teleporting or his teleport needs to be slowed down

Of course it necessary its what makes him a different character. Hes not undefeatable by any stretch of the imagination. Freddy Krueger is overpowered on the other hand.

I didn't say he is unbeatable, he just has far more advantages than everyone else. Everyone else has to drastically change how they play depending in the opponent, raiden basically has the same strategy against everyone because of that absurd teleport.

I agree, raiden is way overpowered and unbalanced. You either have to stand there blocking or continuesly jumping through the whole match. Hes the cheapest character out there. He should be over a sweep distance away when teleporting or his teleport needs to be slowed down

fools no wonder your upset if you think the key to beating Raiden is jumping all the time like a flea on speed, you will either end up landing into a lightning bolt or a superman dive. If your blocking all the time yet managing to jump whilst blocking all of the time, what is any one supposed to do against you? Answer throw you away like a child would discard of a broken toy. Raiden is not cheap. There are no rules that depict how you should play a certain character nor a strict code of ethics that must be followed. the games a fighting game. The object to deplete your opponents life bar by any means neccesary. its funny you never see anyone complaining about smokes away towards think or freddys fire teleport thing. The same teleport throw techinique can be applied to these if timed right causing near controller breaking results, ive fallen prey to these. Dont hate the player hate the game

Dude, do you have a microphone for you PS3? If you do I will educate you on the phenomenon called "Raiden". Then you will come back into this thread and you will be like "silly me"

fools no wonder your upset if you think the key to beating Raiden is jumping all the time like a flea on speed, you will either end up landing into a lightning bolt or a superman dive. If your blocking all the time yet managing to jump whilst blocking all of the time, what is any one supposed to do against you? Answer throw you away like a child would discard of a broken toy. Raiden is not cheap. There are no rules that depict how you should play a certain character nor a strict code of ethics that must be followed. the games a fighting game. The object to deplete your opponents life bar by any means neccesary. its funny you never see anyone complaining about smokes away towards think or freddys fire teleport thing. The same teleport throw techinique can be applied to these if timed right causing near controller breaking results, ive fallen prey to these. Dont hate the player hate the game

Ummm....I am hating the game...sorta.

I didn't say nobody should use his tools, I said they were to good. I didn't say how anyone should play...at all. Some characters are better than others....he is better than most if not all, that's logic. So if you have anymore irrelevant hip hop references feel free to use them, although I warn you, they don't help your argument.

Dude, do you have a microphone for you PS3? If you do I will educate you on the phenomenon called "Raiden". Then you will come back into this thread and you will be like "silly me"

lmaooooooooooo. its funny because ive already done that with someone. now he thinks raiden is one of the easiest players to beat ha. silly people. raiden is NOT overpowered, especially since he got nerfed. wtf