Kabal Thread - "Let's See What You're Made Of!"

Limited is a matter of opinion.
Everyone has individual tools.

Baraka <3

I said IMO..

And that's another opinion Shira, I could give two shits less who you win with.. It's all about how you play to get the win.

Anyone can body a scrub with Baraka who doesn't know what they're doing, so do you still value the win with Baraka?

Anyone can body a scrub with Baraka who doesn't know what they're doing, so do you still value the win with Baraka?

Bodying a scrub is an entire different thing.

But if there is a dude with a 10 win streak in KOTH because he's kicking ass with Kung Lao/Kabal and a Stryker or Baraka jumps in there and ends his streak, that deserves the upmost respect. More respect than if a Kabal or Kung Lao ends the streak.

That's still respectable but whatever to me. You beat him with a S tier character. Good for you. Nothing I'd be all like "OH SHIT, DID YOU SEE THAT?!" over.

I still stand by what I said earlier, I don't care what character you use. If you're a good player with solid gameplay, knowledgeable of the game, characters, and have decent fundamentals you get my respect.

I still stand by what I said earlier, I don't care what character you use. If you're a good player with solid gameplay, knowledgeable of the game, characters, and have decent fundamentals you get my respect.

...You're taking it like I'm saying

"LOL YOU USE KABAL, NOOB GET A LIFE!"

I'm saying people who use low-tier characters and beat people who are good with high tier characters deserve the MOST respect. Not all the respect.

Nope, I never said or implied that.

I don't still don't think it's anything special, It's cool to see a Baraka or Stryker make Top 8 in a major but I'm not all "OMG! He's/She's Godlike for using a Low tier character."

You guys shouldn't dis-regard lower tier characters. Every character has their uses. A win is a win, regarless of how its achieved, however as someone who uses Kabal as his main, I do believe that using Kabal ***PROPERLY*** requires a lot of patience, practise, and skill. Probably more so, than any other character.

I don't Dis-regard low tier, I'm just saying that the player earns respect. Not what character they're using.

and I 100% agree with the Kabal statement.

you guys wanna hear something funny?

I didn't know Kabal could cancel his dash until Evo 2011 :laugh:

you guys wanna hear something funny?

I didn't know Kabal could cancel his dash until Evo 2011 :laugh:

Me too :oops:

I didn't know he had a block string infinite before EVO, and it's kinda funny how a Kabal player didn't make Grand Finales during EVO2k11.

As a Kano player (right down there on the bottom of the tier list :() all this talk about tiers make me sad.

But honestly, I sort of agree with Vital, but not completely. I think you deserve some sort of respect for winning a 9-1 matchup at least.

Shira, I don't think you understand the concept of tier lists. They're ranked on matchups, so just because somebody is high tier, doesn't mean that they have a higher chance of beating a low tier character necessary, as it might be a good matchup for the low tier character.

As a Kano player (right down there on the bottom of the tier list :() all this talk about tiers make me sad.

But honestly, I sort of agree with Vital, but not completely. I think you deserve some sort of respect for winning a 9-1 matchup at least.

Shira, I don't think you understand the concept of tier lists. They're ranked on matchups, so just because somebody is high tier, doesn't mean that they have a higher chance of beating a low tier character necessary, as it might be a good matchup for the low tier character.

No need to be sad. I had Quan Chi as my main for months, and even some of the best Kung Lao players online couldn't beat me. Its true that if the match-up is in your favour, it makes things a little easier, but only a little. At the end of the day, if your a skilled player in general, then people are going to have a tough time trying to beat you, regardless of the characters you play! :)

No need to be sad. I had Quan Chi as my main for months, and even some of the best Kung Lao players online couldn't beat me. Its true that if the match-up is in your favour, it makes things a little easier, but only a little. At the end of the day, if your a skilled player in general, then people are going to have a tough time trying to beat you, regardless of the characters you play! :)

Kano is 100000000x worse than Quan chi, though :laugh: Quan chi has the runetrap but Kano has nothing thats really scary. I do do quite well with him, but you have to work super hard to win.

It's not all down to player skill, sometimes the character just doesn't have the tools to deal with things. For example, the Kenshi vs Sub matchup is pretty easy for Kenshi if the players are of similar skill. Also Kabal beats Kano 8-2, maybe even 9-1.

Anyway how's that ndc guide coming along?

If you play Kenshi you have no fundamentals, even when spacing and zoning is needed to be a decent player at MK.

:rolleyes:

Kano is 100000000x worse than Quan chi, though :laugh: Quan chi has the runetrap but Kano has nothing thats really scary. I do do quite well with him, but you have to work super hard to win.

It's not all down to player skill, sometimes the character just doesn't have the tools to deal with things. For example, the Kenshi vs Sub matchup is pretty easy for Kenshi if the players are of similar skill. Also Kabal beats Kano 8-2, maybe even 9-1.

Well, I have recorded all the clips I needed. Its in the editing process now. Doing the voiceover, mainly. Im trying my best to get it finished today! :)

A slight update. I've tried to make the tutorial as comprehensive as possible. Here are the contents:

Mortal Kombat (2011) - Expert Guide for Kabal.jpg

:)

Holy Shit, that's a lot! How long will it be approximately?

Honestly? I have no idea... LOL! Once I put all the clips together, I'll post here ASAP! Also, I'll try to keep it under 10 minutes, if I can. I dont want to remove anything, because I carefully chose what to include in this video. All of it seems important, IMO... :-/