Kabal Thread - "Let's See What You're Made Of!"

Well, knowing when you can interupt/poke-out of a string is 50% of the battle. So for that, you may need to look at frame data for individual characters. The other 50% is figuring out the other player. Every player will rinse and repeat moves to a certain extent. Igf you can figure out their strategy and find a way to counter, then your pretty much done! :)

Yup, i'm definitely gonna take a gander at Kabal's frame data, I really haven't had the need to as you're the only good Kabal i've played in like 6 months.

And by the way, my Rain isn't usually that free, half of those teleports were by accident :laugh:

Yup, i'm definitely gonna take a gander at Kabal's frame data, I really haven't had the need to as you're the only good Kabal i've played in like 6 months.

And by the way, my Rain isn't usually that free, half of those teleports were by accident :laugh:

"KAHHH-BALLL!!!". LOL! Your Rain was fine. You seemed a little careless, but as you said, you probably didn't mean to do the teleports so often. Good stuff! :)

"KAHHH-BALLL!!!". LOL! Your Rain was fine. You seemed a little careless, but as you said, you probably didn't mean to do the teleports so often. Good stuff! :)

Your execution with KUH-BAWL is pretty godlike. I mean, my execution is pretty decent and I could do it offline, but online consistently? hell no.

Your execution with KUH-BAWL is pretty godlike. I mean, my execution is pretty decent and I could do it offline, but online consistently? hell no.

It just takes time and patience. If your impatient, you'll never be able to do it properly. I spent hours and hours in the Practise mode with Kabal. If I fail, I try again. If I succeed, I still try again. Eventually, you'll know when you can do it right. When your hands do most of the work, and your brain does its minimal, then its showtime! :)

It just takes time and patience. If your impatient, you'll never be able to do it properly. I spent hours and hours in the Practise mode with Kabal. If I fail, I try again. If I succeed, I still try again. Eventually, you'll know when you can do it right. When your hands do most of the work, and your brain does its minimal, then its showtime! :)

Trust me, as a guilty gear player its not really hard for me to do, it's just that online, where visual and sound cues are useless makes it hard. You have awesome muscle memory!

Trust me, as a guilty gear player its not really hard for me to do, it's just that online, where visual and sound cues are useless makes it hard. You have awesome muscle memory!

Eventually you do get adjusted to the input lag online. It shouldn't take too long, especially if your an expert with your character offline. Muscle memory? Is there even such a thing? LOL! :)

Eventually you do get adjusted to the input lag online. It shouldn't take too long, especially if your an expert with your character offline. Muscle memory? Is there even such a thing? LOL! :)

yeah that's what you were describing earlier. Your brain can save muscle patterns. So next time you want to doa combo. You don't even think about it. That's muscle memory. You're not thinking about the combos but you're doing them.

yeah that's what you were describing earlier. Your brain can save muscle patterns. So next time you want to doa combo. You don't even think about it. That's muscle memory. You're not thinking about the combos but you're doing them.

That's how I am with Mileena lol I may have dropped her but like 75% of the stuff I knew with her is like fleshed into my brain.

TYM is down so I can't look at frame data... :(

I'll be forever free against KUH-BAWL :whine:

Mileena :love:

Static, how often do you face Mileena players?

Mileena players are far too common, from my experience, especially online. I've met some good Mileena players, but I've never really met any exceptional ones. Most of them seem to abuse the air-teleport move to a certain extent, and become very predictable, very quickly. I'm sure you know that the air-teleport move is very easily punished, even the enhanced one.

Mileena can give my Kabal some problems, especially when I try to zone. The air-teleport can punish the zoning really well, so depending on how predictable the other player is, I sometimes do one iAGB, wait for them to do the air-teleport, and then I punish with a "> 4" string, and then follow it up with some N.D.C. pressure! ;-)

TYM is down so I can't look at frame data... :(

I'll be forever free against KUH-BAWL :whine:

Well, maybe this might give you some hope... I've never looked at frame data before. I usually just learn the strengths and weaknesses of each character, with experience, or by experimenting with them in the Practise mode! :)

Well, maybe this might give you some hope... I've never looked at frame data before. I usually just learn the strengths and weaknesses of each character, with experience, or by experimenting with them in the Practise mode! :)

This way is a perfectly fine way of figuring out openings/weaknesses/strengths.

But understanding frame data, can save you hours of your time. I can just LOOK at frame data and figure something out in just a few seconds, while it would take me probably like 5-10 minutes on the game to test it. ect ect.

This way is a perfectly fine way of figuring out openings/weaknesses/strengths.

But understanding frame data, can save you hours of your time. I can just LOOK at frame data and figure something out in just a few seconds, while it would take me probably like 5-10 minutes on the game to test it. ect ect.

Yes, that's certainly true. I've just never needed to look at it, I suppose.

Mileena players are far too common, from my experience, especially online. I've met some good Mileena players, but I've never really met any exceptional ones. Most of them seem to abuse the air-teleport move to a certain extent, and become very predictable, very quickly. I'm sure you know that the air-teleport move is very easily punished, even the enhanced one.

Mileena can give my Kabal some problems, especially when I try to zone. The air-teleport can punish the zoning really well, so depending on how predictable the other player is, I sometimes do one iAGB, wait for them to do the air-teleport, and then I punish with a "> 4" string, and then follow it up with some N.D.C. pressure! ;-)

Vital's Mileena is godlike, just so you know.

And like critical said, not using frame data takes much longer and because of how pants MK9's training mode is (seriously, no dummy record feature?) its very helpful

Vital's Mileena is godlike, just so you know.

And like critical said, not using frame data takes much longer and because of how pants MK9's training mode is (seriously, no dummy record feature?) its very helpful

I'm sure iViTal has an excellent Mileena! :)
About the frame data, I agree with you completely, and I'm sure its essential when playing offline with high level players. However, since I only play online, I've realised that most players online use the generic set of moves by each character, which we've all seen before time and time again, and are so used to them that we know how to punish them very easily! :)

I'm sure iViTal has an excellent Mileena! :)
About the frame data, I agree with you completely, and I'm sure its essential when playing offline with high level players. However, since I only play online, I've realised that most players online use the generic set of moves by each character, which we've all seen before time and time again, and are so used to them that we know how to punish them very easily! :)

Yup, I get you. Online mk9 is completely different to offline mk9. I really hate the fact that you can't punish some things like d1s on reaction, anti airing is inconsistent and all of the other stuff. Anyway, are you up for some matches later on? I like losing, lol.