Jade Thread - "Good Boy!"

Can anyone confirm that Jade's U+3 takes priority over Nightwolf's shoulder charge?

Last night I was playing against a guy using Nightwolf, and after I knocked him down, I used U+3 against him from about jumping distance, and knocked him out of a wake-up shoulder charge.

Then, a little later in the match, I did the same thing against a wake-up ex shoulder charge, and while it didn't knock him out of it, he charged right through me. I'm not sure if either of us took damage, cause I didn't get a chance to look at our life bars in time, but he definitely went through me with the ex, not under me, because I was just rising up as he did the wake-up.

That would mean they gave u3 iFrames... would be fun.

It doesn't matter if you are unsure... In no situation is a blocked rang on wakeup useless to me....

You need to explain to me what you're talking about. The only way it's safe on their block is if you're far away from them or your first hit of ex whiffs.

Are you talking about a meaty from a distance? Cuz we were talking about corner pressure. Don't know about you guys I pressure up close until I'm pushed back too far then I change to either up+3 or B3,2, or neutral jump punch/ B2( reaction only).

do you guys corner pressure from jump distance or something? That's the only way I can see low ex range being safe to use.

Wasted meter on top of taking pressure is not something I'm interested in. Let alone scorpion gets a free out of corner card if he blocks it.

Would like to add my own Bnb. hits for i think 36%

i find it pretty easy since i suck at connecting 1,2 for some reason

JP B+1 db+2 dc B+2 dc B+3,2 dashkick, dashkick

I know this is double posting but I want attention brought back.

I'm gonna be posting like EVERY SINGLE online match I do with jade from now on on my youtube account.

I'll also show some of me fighting people on my friends lists who are better than me.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CyborgNation?feature=mhee
I absolutely love your Jade!
I wish I could train my Nightwolf more with good online Jades. There are very good online Jax and Strykers (Vulcan_Hades) where I can take my main to his limits (even with that damn lag) and I've actually played pretty damn good Jades on PSN, but I generally beat them, not sure about Nightwolf vs Jade match-up. Nightwolf is undoubtely one of the safest characters in the game while Jade - at least it seems to me - may have very unsafe strings. I am going to watch more of your videos ;)

Now, I am wondering if I ever played against you, but I doubt, your Jade has a pretty unique gameplay style and since the game came out, I must have played against only three good Jades, I'd have remembered you...

I Dont Know If Anybody Has Mentioned Using Her 342 , 4 , X-ray in the corner for what i think is a good 52% or 49%

Edit: in the corner of course

Last edited:
I'm considering quitting Jade, and playing all either Kung Lao or Scorpion or Skarlet.

I absolutely love your Jade!
I wish I could train my Nightwolf more with good online Jades. There are very good online Jax and Strykers (Vulcan_Hades) where I can take my main to his limits (even with that damn lag) and I've actually played pretty damn good Jades on PSN, but I generally beat them, not sure about Nightwolf vs Jade match-up. Nightwolf is undoubtely one of the safest characters in the game while Jade - at least it seems to me - may have very unsafe strings. I am going to watch more of your videos ;)

Now, I am wondering if I ever played against you, but I doubt, your Jade has a pretty unique gameplay style and since the game came out, I must have played against only three good Jades, I'd have remembered you...

lol, Thanks.

I've yet to fight a REALLY good nightwolf. The only ones I fight are the ones that rotate their 3 specials.

I think i found a pretty noob friendly jade combo :) I'm not that good with her, so I was quite surprised when i accidentally pulled it off trying to do one of the combos in a vid in the OP :D

[6 hits,30%] B+1, Staff Overhead, Dash, B+4, Dash, Uppercut :D

The combo in the vid had either 2 shadow kicks or a staff grab instead of the uppercut... but both those only do 27% damage.

I know this is double posting but I want attention brought back.

I'm gonna be posting like EVERY SINGLE online match I do with jade from now on on my youtube account.

I'll also show some of me fighting people on my friends lists who are better than me.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CyborgNation?feature=mhee

ur jade is good, but it looks like ur competition was wack imo lol. i only watched one video and it was the one when you fought mileena. ur did very good with the punishes but at the same time that mileena sucked lol. just saying. u give alot of tips with jade so if u want those tips to be seen in a match, you need to fight competition. hmm....lol

Nightwolf is undoubtely one of the safest characters in the game

true. BUT, if you know how to get around him, he is quite punishable and he is REALLY easy to beat. when it comes to his shoulder charge, that move is safe on block, but HELLA punishable if you crouch it without blocking. the move whiffs and he can be punished right there. same thing with his EN version. it has armor yes, BUT ONLY for the 1st hit, just do the same tactic, duck the 1st hit and right before he does the 2nd part, punish him. wen it comes to his arrows, just jump over them. NEVER STAND still when fighting nightwolf or your gonna eat his lighting. when u see that coming, just jump and when u land, duck because most likely he'll do shouder charge. AND NEVER FREELY THROW PROJECTILES AT HIM! he'll just reflect it or absorb it for more health. it seems like nightwolfs gameplay is based on his specials. just do the things i mentioned and nightwolf becomes one of the easiest characters to beat.

Last edited:
ur jade is good, but it looks like ur competition was wack imo lol. i only watched one video and it was the one when you fought mileena. ur did very good with the punishes but at the same time that mileena sucked lol. just saying. u give alot of tips with jade so if u want those tips to be seen in a match, you need to fight competition. hmm....lol

I know I mentioned that the first day of recording I ran into just a bunch of newbs. It's not easy to always find someone any good. I woulda raped mileena second round as well but I got greedy because of how ahead I was

Point is I already quit jade cuz she got nerfed.

I'm learning skarlet ATM, so that's why I don't have any more vids up. The cage I fought at impact clash the tourney with chris G was real good but now I don't think it was recorded.

What I mean is almost every combo string he has is safe on block. You cannot punish him that easily and that is why he is considered at least A-tier. You can punish his F3, B4 - this is the only string that is truly unsafe and it is a low with a fantastic range.

I can do B1, 1, axe swing or B2, 2, axe swing all day against your Kitana that you won't be able to punish me on block. I can easily do 35% combo meterless mid-screen (40% offline) and 52% with 2 meter bars, which is pretty good. Nightwolf's corner game is almost God-like thanks to his F3 (which is amost his fastest move and hits low overcoming many wake-ups). So, in terms of combo strings, there's no way in hell you can punish me with Kitana on block: B1,1,1 ; 1,2,2,1 ; B2,2,2 ; F3,1,2 ; 1,1,4 are ALL safe on block with great recovery time and they even push you way from me. That's why I said he's one of the safest. There's no way you can punish him that way.

If you're Kitana, don't say Nightwolf is one of the easiest characters to beat ;) You're way understimating him. EVERY special Nightwolf has wake-up potential and they all have armor, enhanced shoulder has even hyper armor and hits overhead.

You said you never stand? Then jump and you'll eat a arrow or three arrows and you're at risk of being catch by an axe as anti-air and you'll eat a 30% punish. I cannot tell you how many times I caught people jumping around like rabbits afraid of his lightning and if I use meter I can punish you with a near 45% punish as anti-air. I think this must be considered.

Reflecting a projectile will make you eat 2 projectiles at once: you'll suffer your own projectile and one arrow or lightning which you can barely avoid. If you block your own reflected projectile, you'll eat a lighning anyway (yes, reflector recovery time is so fast that allows me to throw a lightning once the projectile hits you back). If I am close to you, you'll eat an enhanced lightning which you cannot block and I can punish you with a 30% combo (enhanced lighning, axe swing, dash+1, axe swing, dash+1, 2, 2, shoulder).

You don't seem to have played many good Nightwolfs, am I wrong?
But it is true, his arrow and lightning ARE unsafe. That is why I only use them on distance, I would have to be crazy to use them near my opponent since they're very punishable.

Shoulder is not the sweet candy you think it is. I can play a 50/50 with you. Duck and you'll eat a lightning, jump and you'll eat a axe or just stand and you cannot avoid a shoulder and on block shoulder is SAFE.

An experienced Nightwolf player once he notices the opponent ducking, he won't do shoulder but a lightning. I can tell you, you'll have a hard time beating a good Nightwolf, because you'll noticed you won't be able to punish him that easily. You're very naive if you think any good Nightwolf player will wait for you to duck so you can uppercut his shoulder. I actually only do his specials when comboed or when I'm full-screen. I am very defensive with him once I realize I cannot rush my opponent, I just wait you to make a mistake, but that's the part of the fun!

Are you on PSN? I'm on PSN Europe: Azerutan ;) I'd like to fight your Kitana, BUT you're right in one thing: Kitana only wins Nightwolf by rushing him down, unfortunately most Kitana players don't get this and just try to zone him out.

Sorry Jade's fans, I just had to write this hehehe

What I mean is almost every combo string he has is safe on block. You cannot punish him that easily and that is why he is considered at least A-tier. You can punish his F3, B4 - this is the only string that is truly unsafe and it is a low with a fantastic range.

I can do B1, 1, axe swing or B2, 2, axe swing all day against your Kitana that you won't be able to punish me on block. I can easily do 35% combo meterless mid-screen (40% offline) and 52% with 2 meter bars, which is pretty good. Nightwolf's corner game is almost God-like thanks to his F3 (which is amost his fastest move and hits low overcoming many wake-ups). So, in terms of combo strings, there's no way in hell you can punish me with Kitana on block: B1,1,1 ; 1,2,2,1 ; B2,2,2 ; F3,1,2 ; 1,1,4 are ALL safe on block with great recovery time and they even push you way from me. That's why I said he's one of the safest. There's no way you can punish him that way.

If you're Kitana, don't say Nightwolf is one of the easiest characters to beat ;) You're way understimating him. EVERY special Nightwolf has wake-up potential and they all have armor, enhanced shoulder has even hyper armor and hits overhead.

You said you never stand? Then jump and you'll eat a arrow or three arrows and you're at risk of being catch by an axe as anti-air and you'll eat a 30% punish. I cannot tell you how many times I caught people jumping around like rabbits afraid of his lightning and if I use meter I can punish you with a near 45% punish as anti-air. I think this must be considered.

Reflecting a projectile will make you eat 2 projectiles at once: you'll suffer your own projectile and one arrow or lightning which you can barely avoid. If you block your own reflected projectile, you'll eat a lighning anyway (yes, reflector recovery time is so fast that allows me to throw a lightning once the projectile hits you back). If I am close to you, you'll eat an enhanced lightning which you cannot block and I can punish you with a 30% combo (enhanced lighning, axe swing, dash+1, axe swing, dash+1, 2, 2, shoulder).

You don't seem to have played many good Nightwolfs, am I wrong?
But it is true, his arrow and lightning ARE unsafe. That is why I only use them on distance, I would have to be crazy to use them near my opponent since they're very punishable.

Shoulder is not the sweet candy you think it is. I can play a 50/50 with you. Duck and you'll eat a lightning, jump and you'll eat a axe or just stand and you cannot avoid a shoulder and on block shoulder is SAFE.

An experienced Nightwolf player once he notices the opponent ducking, he won't do shoulder but a lightning. I can tell you, you'll have a hard time beating a good Nightwolf, because you'll noticed you won't be able to punish him that easily. You're very naive if you think any good Nightwolf player will wait for you to duck so you can uppercut his shoulder. I actually only do his specials when comboed or when I'm full-screen. I am very defensive with him once I realize I cannot rush my opponent, I just wait you to make a mistake, but that's the part of the fun!

Are you on PSN? I'm on PSN Europe: Azerutan ;) I'd like to fight your Kitana, BUT you're right in one thing: Kitana only wins Nightwolf by rushing him down, unfortunately most Kitana players don't get this and just try to zone him out.

Sorry Jade's fans, I just had to write this hehehe

lol...it seems like u kinda took this to heart ha. u should've said block strings if that was wat u are talkin about. and I can punish ALL his specials on wakeup, even the EN shoulder charge. and of course I kno not jump to in freely on nightwolf, she does have air fans and air square wave for a reason lol. trust me, I think nightwolf is very easy to beat, ESPECIALLY since I rushdown with kitana. I've fight experienced ones and won against them. nightwolf is no threat to me. and yea I have ps3. but I'm in usa, isn't there a region block or some shit? anyways, u seem confident and beating me is no picnic. if we do fight, go hard or go home

anyways tho...back to jade...........

Would like to add my own Bnb. hits for i think 36%

i find it pretty easy since i suck at connecting 1,2 for some reason

JP B+1 db+2 dc B+2 dc B+3,2 dashkick, dashkick

Was playing last night and i cannot connect a dash kick after b+3, 2 anymore?? -_-

can anyone tell me what happened??

NVM I Panicked

Last edited:
Anyone know why 3,db2,b2,12,4,2xdf4 only does 26% damage on punishing mileena's ball roll and when not punishing it does 30%? Both do 8 hits.

can someone explain to my why jade is such a low tier character?

Because she relies on her opponent to make mistakes rather than breaking through defense her self. She has some tools to break but they are not as good as other characters.

You can simply block low EVERYTHING and high block her overheads on reaction EASILY.

Some of her specials are unsafe on block against like more than half the cast.

She's not unviable or anything, but the work needed to make her successful requires cooperation of your opponent and that means you gotta do a good read or you waste a bar of meter.

counter characters tend to always struggle, and Jade is one of those.

As people say, she's terrible at rush down, and terrible at zoning. But she has answers to both. And that's Glow/EX glow.

She is pretty technical but I'm glad I know how to use her well if I'm not the best with her. I just wish she had some teleport move like back in MKA and MKD. But of course it's ok.