Is it okay to install the compatibility pack and then the DLC character?

Magna

I noticed that both the first compatibility pack (with Sektor and Cyrax Klassic Costumes) and Skarlet DLC were the same size, so I just installed Skarlet right away. But now, I still need to buy credits for my PSN account, so I can't get Kenshi right away.

Since this game has so many patch/DLC related problems, I think it's reasonable to ask: Is it okay to install the compatibility pack first, and the DLC character later?

I think so. The compatibility pack and the character pack are the same size because they are ''technically'' the same thing. Both of them contain the character, but only one allows you to play as the character.

I installed Skarlet and Kenshi right away without installing the comp. pack, the pack is just for people that doesnt want the characters.

There wouldn't be a reason why it wouldn't. o_O

The compatibility pack is for those who do not buy any of the DLC characters or purchasable costumes, but it still allows those who have to play against those who don't. Hence the term 'compatibility'. However, if you bought Kenshi, but didn't download the second compatibility pack, essentially you could play against others who have Kenshi, but they (your opponent) would not be allowed to use the Klassic Noob and Smoke costumes. Hope that makes sense for you.

I checked the file for the comp pack and it says kenshi...i was wondering how the hell do they keep kenshi from being played???

If you're getting Kenshi straightaway, just get the character DLC, it has Noob and Smoke too.

@WTF: Everyone downloads the same, but people who buy Kenshi have one single thing changed: they have a part of the coding that says Kenshi is unlocked. As easy as that.