Intersting finds in COALESCED file.

Kelsper

First of all the source is here: http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/16552-mortal-combat-coalesced/

It downright confirms the 4 hidden fights as the classic costumes:

PackageList=NPC_ClassicReptile
PackageList=NPC_ClassicSmoke
PackageList=NPC_ClassicNoob
PackageList=NPC_ClassicJade

Also there is specific animations for all of the classic retro costumes:

[CHAR_SUBZERO_C]
SourceAsset=CHAR_RetroNinja_Male_MK1
SourceMapping=CHAR_Subzero
MeshName=RetroNinja_Male_MK1
Subzero_Expressions=RetroNinja_Male_MK1_Expressions
BabyName=NPC_SubZero_C_Baby
BabyScript=NPC_SubZero_C_Baby.mko

[CHAR_SCORPION_C]
SourceMapping=CHAR_Scorpion
Scorpion_Expressions=RetroNinja_Male_MK1_Expressions
BabyName=NPC_Scorpion_C_Baby
BabyScript=NPC_Scorpion_C_Baby.mko

[CHAR_REPTILE_C]
SourceMapping=CHAR_Reptile
Reptile_Expressions=RetroNinja_Male_MK1_Expressions
BabyName=NPC_Reptile_C_Baby
BabyScript=NPC_Reptile_C_Baby.mko

[CHAR_ERMAC_C]
SourceMapping=CHAR_Ermac
Ermac_Expressions=RetroNinja_Male_MK1_Expressions
BabyName=NPC_Ermac_C_Baby
BabyScript=NPC_Ermac_C_Baby.mko

[CHAR_KITANA_C]
SourceAsset=CHAR_RetroNinja_Female_MK2
SourceMapping=CHAR_Kitana
MeshName=RetroNinja_Female_MK2
Kitana_Expressions=RetroNinja_Female_MK2_Expressions
BabyName=NPC_Kitana_C_Baby
BabyScript=NPC_Kitana_C_Baby.mko

So they are on the disc. Either Boon is lying or they are definitely unlockable in some round about way.

nice this is great news
you guys are so lucky I have to wait 10 days to get mines as mail in Japan in delayed due to daily earthquake shakes

Let's turn this into a "find anything interesting" topic.

QuickFatality? Could that be... one button fatalities?

This is the best assumption. Neither I can think about something else, which this line might be referring to.

A ";" symbol before an entry most probably means that this line is comment out. And therefore isn't used anymore.

PackageList=NPC_ClassicReptile
PackageList=NPC_ClassicSmoke
PackageList=NPC_ClassicNoob
PackageList=NPC_ClassicJade

NPC stands for non-player character so these are from secret fights in Arcade Ladder so they will all fight in their classic costumes

It's all on the disc just probably locked off until you do somthing to get it or you pay for it to play as it but it's all on the disk and in game and the Codes you need to use give you 100kb DLC to ublock the content as playable

I can confirm when the quick fatality is changed to a 1 the game crashes out on ps3 and 360. Neither load but go to a black screen on load up.

What we really need is someone to up there ini file after they have got some dlc so we can run a compare. I have both versions and debug ps3 and dev 360 so i can change and swap files out.

[Player]
IsOnDiscDLC=kratos
IsOnDiscDLC=kratos_b
;+IsOnDiscDLC=quanchi_b
IsOnDiscDLC=cyberzero
IsOnDiscDLC=scorpion_c
IsOnDiscDLC=subzero_c
IsOnDiscDLC=reptile_c
IsOnDiscDLC=mileena_c
IsOnDiscDLC=kitana_c
IsOnDiscDLC=jade_c
IsOnDiscDLC=mileena_d
IsOnDiscDLC=kitana_d
IsOnDiscDLC=jade_d
IsDLC=kratos
IsDLC=kratos_b
;+IsDLC=quanchi_b
IsDLC=cyberzero

[Player.DownloadContentID]

[Player.DownloadContentUnlocked]

right where it says contnet id is wher ethe 100kb file name goes and then again under unlocked. Someone needs to up me this info.

I think Shao Kahn baby might be the one you find on the challenge tower, I've finished the tower and if I remember correctly there's this one in 200+ area where you play as Shang Tsung and you fight over a baby with Shao Kahn as your opponent. It might not be but just a guess.

I do not know how to work with these COALESCED files but if you do it could even mean you can unlock / hack Kratos for the xbox360 right?
Like when you had Darth Vader & Yoda for PS3 & Xbox360 in Soul Calibur 4. And they were both on the PS3 disc as well as on the XBOX360 disk. Only you had to hack the files to unlock them both. I do not know if someone actually pulled it off.

Kratos is not on the 360 disc sorry lol. I have both. I am looking at files now in unreal decompiler.

It was worth a shot :p.
Also. I read the demo files that was online a few days ago and I noted that Kintaro had an arcade ladder ending text. ( like the text that comes up when you finish an arcade ladder with a fighter).
Therefore you could assume that at one point you can select Kintaro ( DLC or non DLC).