InteestingMK's Charaters for future novel

InterestingMK's Charaters for future novel

I'm currently trying to write a novel that was inspired by some characters I recently created. Tell me what you think of them. These profiles may be subject to change.

John Blake

Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Height: 5 ft. 9 in
Weight: 140 Pounds

Attributes
• Self-trained to mental peak in criminology
• Able to pick up on even small details
• Proficient in hand to hand combat
• Proficient marksman with a hand gun
• Trained in stealth
• Proficient in medical treatment

Story
Born as the son of Stephanie and Mike Blake, John was growing up as happy as any other child should have. When he was 6 years old, his dad left to serve in the military. Since then, John has never seen or heard word from his dad. His mother started working the department at SoluTech that helps prototype new inventions that can help the army that John’s dad served in. When John grew older, he started getting into crime and mystery solving from watching hours of the Investigation Discovery channel. He always ditch the lunch period at school to walk to his house, not too far from school, just the watch an episode. After seeing most crimes were committed, based on their patterns, John trained himself mentally beyond any detective in town ever could. Even with his intelligence in crime highly peaked, John’s only barrier from ever joining the police force was his age. One day, when John was 13 and in 8th grade, he met a beautiful girl named Karma in his class. When John was walking home from school, shortly after meeting Karma, he was caught by a group of gangsters to be chased. John using some of his fighting skills to fight the gang off but is knock down. Luckily, Karma was watching and she comes in to aid John in fighting them off with her proficient martial arts skills. John later finds out about Karma’s ninja secret as she does with his detective secret. Karma joins John in his quest to forever close crime, murder mysteries, and any other hot or cold cases.

Eyes: Blue
Hair: Light orange, ginger
Height: 5 ft. 4 in
Weight: 120 Pounds

Attributes
• Trained to physical and acrobatic peak
• Proficient in martial arts, wielding dual knifes, and proficient marksman with tranquilizing darts
• Trained in stealth

Story
Having no memory of her parents or her last name, Karma was raised at an orphanage for the first 12 years of her life. At the age of 12, Karma was heading back to the orphanage from school and her looks caught the eyes of a group of gangsters. Being followed around by them Karma tried to run and hide from them, but eventually got cornered. Before she could be abused by them, a 60 year old Asian man in a wheelchair named Mr. Wu saved her with his expert martial arts skills. After a couple days of the incident, Karma is finally adopted by Mr. Wu, who saved her. After about a year of training, Karma now uses her skills with a mix of dual knifes to defend herself and stand up to crime. Karma knitted a ninja mask and a ragged costume to conceal her identity while fighting crime during days and nights. After moving to a different school a year later, she meets a guy her age named John Blake. After finding out about John’s detective skills and highly peaked knowledge of criminology, she joins him to uncover the hidden truth on cold cases.

Costume
Karma’s costume consists of a mask that covers up her mouth and nose. She lets her hairs hang lose without any head wear to hold it. Her early costume was knitted out of thread to cover whole body, not including the arms (except shoulders) or from the below the top of her knee. She wore plain black athletic tennis shoes in the beginning. She has two knife holders clipped to each side of her pants the keep her knifes concealed.

Other costume ideas ???????

Master Wu

Eyes: Brown
Hair: Grey (formerly black)
Height: 5 ft. 9 in
Weight: 160 Pounds

Attributes
• Expert in martial arts, even in wheelchair
• Wise and motivational speaker
• Well rounded with his high-tech wheelchair (supplied by SoluTech)

Story
Born in Japan, Yuso Wu was the only child in his family. He was trained by some of the best teachers in his teen years to perfection. After moving to America, Mr. Wu spent 45 years working in a job that would give him a good amount of money to save for retirement. When he was about 50 years old, Mr. Wu has stricken by an accident that would leave his legs paralyzed and useless for the rest of his life. He mobilized himself with a high-tech wheelchair that could take care of him when needed. We incorporates his martial arts skills his wheelchair mobility to continue his ability to self-defend. A few months after retirement at the age of 65, Mr. Wu was taking a stroll around the neighborhood until he found a girl, Karma, being chased by a group of gangsters. He follows them till they stop at an ally where Karma gets corner. Before Karma could be abused by them, Mr. Wu uses his martial arts along with his wheelchair features to save her. After a couple days of the incident, Mr. Wu looks into her background and finds out she has no family and is living in an orphanage. Out of the kindness of his heart, Mr. Wu bails Karma out of her jail for homeless children. With Karma as his adopted granddaughter, Mr. Wu teaches her the way of fighting and self-defense.

The Suicide Killer

Eyes: Unknown
Hair: Unknown
Height: About 5 ft. 8 in
Weight: 125 Pounds

Attributes
• Kills people in a way that looks like suicide without leaving evidence behind
• Patterns of killings are different, making it extremely hard to track the killer down

Story
Little is currently unknown about the killer’s origin or story. The killings have left spouses (mainly wives) of the victim, breathless and shocked. Spouses claimed to see little to no signs of depressions in the victim.

Costume
Costume ideas ???????

Last edited:
While I can understand that John Blake was inspired to solve mysteries by the shows he watches. However, I question how he is able to train himself be able to do practical field work.

While I can understand that John Blake was inspired to solve mysteries by the shows he watches. However, I question how he is able to train himself be able to do practical field work.

He would look up information on the internet for read a lot of books on stuff past the basics of medical care.

Don't get me wrong, reading can be a good learning tool, but doesn't replace applying the knowledge for real work. It's the reason why residency is part of med school training. Skills like learning to identify illnesses/injuries in real patients, handle medical equipment, communicate effectively, etc. require hands-on experience. No matter how smart he is, he would have to gain some real-world experience to be surpass professionals who have years of field experience under their belt.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, reading can be good learning tool, but doesn't replace applying the knowledge for real work. It's the reason why residency is part of med school training. They learn to identify illnesses/injuries in real patients, handle medical equipment, communicate effectively, etc. No matter how smart he is, he would have to gain some real-world experience to be surpass professionals who have years of field experience under their belt.

Well, I may somehow in corperate how he learns to reasonably later.

Yea I go with what flawless said as well, maybe you couls alter his story a bit where he works as an assistant for a Private Investigator for free, out of his passion for detective work or something along those lines.

The Suicide Killer

• Kills people in a way that looks like suicide without leaving evidence behind
• Patterns of killings are different, making it extremely hard to track the killer down

That sounds very cool! i like that.! Making his crime look like a suicide. NICE.

about his attire himmm..

Could have a mask on, covering his hair and eyes since those features are unknown.
Maybe wear all black including the mask?