Injustice: Deathstrokes Among Us

USSCrazybat

Hello, all.

Injustice has been out for a bit, and the reaction has generally been very positive. However, since a lot of people are encountering a certain someone frequently online, I thought here would be a nice place to consolidate methods on how to show that trigger-happy cyclops what for. If we learn all this quickly, I don't think ol' DS will be a problem for much longer.

I'll start off.

I have generally observed that many Deathstrokes are casuals who spam guns and the sword flip. A simple crouching block works best against the guns, dodging the chip of the handguns. The rifle will still hit, but it's better than nothing. In addition, many Deathstroke combos start out with a low attack, which the crouch block works well against. Since I main Batman, I have also found that his slide kick is HIGHLY effective against his guns and sword flip, and it closes distance nicely.

You can deal with it through normal means.

Rarely jump because if he's successful with hitting you with his assault rifle mid jump, he knocks you back really far all over again.

constantly ducking and walking forward in intervals, forces him to only play 2 cards. Low gunshot, and assault rifle shot. he doesn't have knock back on his zoning, so you'll easily eventually get in. Try to stay atleast mid-screen so you can dash in and punish his trait if he tries to use it.

You'll eventually corner him, and he'll be forced to fight upclose.

People freak out too much and don't think, so he's both a scrubs worse nightmare, and a scrubs wet dream.

You can deal with it through normal means.

Rarely jump because if he's successful with hitting you with his assault rifle mid jump, he knocks you back really far all over again.

constantly ducking and walking forward in intervals, forces him to only play 2 cards. Low gunshot, and assault rifle shot. he doesn't have knock back on his zoning, so you'll easily eventually get in. Try to stay atleast mid-screen so you can dash in and punish his trait if he tries to use it.

You'll eventually corner him, and he'll be forced to fight upclose.

People freak out too much and don't think, so he's both a scrubs worse nightmare, and a scrubs wet dream.

This sums it up perfectly actually. Well put.

The main reason why I don't think Deathstroke's zoning is OP is because they don't cause knockback. As long as you can dash forward and block the shot, you will remain there and can dash in again. Once you get close enough for a sword flip, make sure to block that and punish. It's not that hard to be honest. I get in on Deathstroke players all of the time.