I come out of retirement-sprite!

satinsoven

I come out of retirement-sprite!(Updated!)

THis is likely my first sprite in over half a year... I lost track of the time. For this, I combined some of my old abilities and shortcuts with new skills, with the help of MS Digital Image Editor, MS Paint, and one of Arctic's sprites as a model. And a touch of Three Days Grace music in the backround:D
note: This sprite is not yet complete!
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/stain307/quanchisprite-1.png

A large portion of it is pallete swaps, hand drawing, and sprite/render tweaks. Kudos to the MKHideout, of whom I am a proud new member, and who's cut throat critiques fueled my aggresion to excel!.....
But does that show in the sprite? Ratings shall determine it!

Last edited:
For some reason it just seems so 1 dimensional. And the blood or red markings on his arm stand out to much maybe thats what you were going for I dont know. But I can definatly see a change in your sprite making from when you first started

holy crapes Satin! where'd the insta-skills come from?! I'm guessing that time off was certainly essential. NICE!
Thanks. Like I said, the harsh critiques from the other forum fueled me to try and make the best I've done in a while. I may have not succeeded, but I do know that I didn't use some of my old ways like copy and pasting diff. sprites together and using render heads:D
For some reason it just seems so 1 dimensional. And the blood or red markings on his arm stand out to much maybe thats what you were going for I dont know. But I can definatly see a change in your sprite making from when you first started
I know the sash was horribly done, and I will edit that later. But I was trying to make the markings stand out, I wanted my hand drawing to shine. I'm pleased with the effect. And just for the record... this sprite will be in a fake where Scorpion bashes his skull into itself.

I dunno if it's just that my TFT monitor is on a slant, but it looks like the legs are solid black. Add some gray shading. And the sash and arm/head tattoo details look awful. The head is too square too. May sound like I'm being harsh, but I'm just saying what I see. Also, try to design a sprite from scratch. It would be interesting to see what the sprite you used looked like, maybe post a link?
I think Proph's score was fair.

You've definetely been improving these last few sprites you have posted, the sash looks a little rushed and the face doesn't resemble quan chi all to much. I know you wanted ratings but I usually refrain from posting them as i can't do these things myself and so can't really judge, but for what its worth you are getting much better :)